Gransnet forums

News & politics

Was he about to fall asleep? Cry? Fall over? (Trump's son)

(70 Posts)
Candlefran Wed 09-Nov-16 12:14:40

Or was he just really pissed off with the lot of it?

poor boy

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 09:43:38

It seems to be 'the American way'

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 09:49:33

X post - I meant parading the whole family, not the drugging!

That is quite some accusation to make, although I do know that many children are on ritalin.

Has no-one else's DGC ever been at an important family do, kept dancing until goodness knows what time, then suddenly gone pale and zonked out on two chairs?
No?
Oh dear, we must be terrible parents/grandparents!
(It doesn't happen every week)

rosesarered Fri 11-Nov-16 09:56:09

What a bizarre and ridiculous accusation to make.....Trump is so awful that he probably drugs his children?Just like the wilder stuff printed in the newspapers that a lot on Gransnet hate then.grin

granjura Fri 11-Nov-16 10:18:38

Agreed- and most of us just commented because we felt to sorry for him. I couldn't take my eyes off him as I thought he was going to be sick, pass out or have a fit (if you've ever witnessed a child before an epileptic fit yu'll know what I mean). So we were just concerned.

And yet - there is no denying that in the USA, over 20% of boys are diagnosed with ADHT, with a vast number on stimulant drugs to 'treat' the condition. It would however never ever crossed my mind, I have to say, re Barron.

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 12:21:27

perhaps we should give some to Trump

I didn't say that honestly

auntbett Fri 11-Nov-16 14:17:21

Children aren't stupid. That boy is probably well-aware of the lies and ridiculous statements that come out of Trump's mouth. Poor little rich boy. He looked pale and worn out.

loopylou Fri 11-Nov-16 15:24:03

Poor lad looked very uncomfortable. Apparently he's been kept out of the public eye so it's probably the first time he's been paraded out or he's horrified that his embarrassing father has won?

I bet he was wishing he could go home.

NotTooOld Fri 11-Nov-16 15:35:20

I though he was Trump's grandson! I was wishing Melania would put her arm round him but both his parents mainly ignored him from what I saw. Poor little lad and he was in the spotlight the whole time. At least the other kids could have a yawn in relative privacy because the camera was not on them.

minxie Fri 11-Nov-16 18:53:05

It was about 3am. The child was just very tired,

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 20:11:45

That boy is probably well-aware of the lies and ridiculous statements that come out of Trump's mouth
I wouldn't be so sure, he probably thinks his father is wonderful

BlueBelle Fri 11-Nov-16 20:22:04

I agree with you Granjura I thought it was more than just tiredness he is quite weak and pale looking and I thought he was swallowing, and gulping in a way that he'd learned to stop something happening like being sick most kids of 10 that are very tired would have been yawning, fidgeting or closing their eyes for seconds The little girl further along looked more robust and lively in comparison poor little chap

trisher Fri 11-Nov-16 20:26:23

Don't worry, if he wasn't medicated before the event he will probably be looked after now.

Jalima Fri 11-Nov-16 20:27:49

They should all have been in bed
(the children I mean)

Glamorousgray Fri 11-Nov-16 21:44:28

I can't believe some of the personal comments made about a ten year old boy who has done nothing wrong but stay up late and appear on stage with his father, of whom he is probably very proud.Yes I did see him and yes he looked tired and was trying to stifle his yawns, wow!! As they would say in America 'give the kid a break'. It's not his fault his dad is Donald Trump.

Elegran Sat 12-Nov-16 10:12:09

Who was blaming the kid? No-one. The remarks about HIM all said that he was tired and looked unhappy nd almost nauseous. Any blame was directed at his parents for not leaving him tucked up in bed.

trendygran Sat 12-Nov-16 10:31:47

Feel so sorry for Trump's son. He did not choose to be born into such a situation. He did look very fed up but who can blame him. Poor boy.

nigglynellie Sat 12-Nov-16 10:32:42

It baffles me why everyone is going on and on about something which is actually nothing to do with anyone else except this childs parents?! Americans always trot out the whole family on these occasions. We may cluck with self righteous disapproval, but they see it as perfectly ok and not the act of wicked parents as has been suggested on this thread.

rosesarered Sat 12-Nov-16 10:34:27

I agree Glamorousgrey this is a non thread really.

BlueBelle Sat 12-Nov-16 14:59:36

His mother says of him 'He is very outspoken and strong minded he loves helicopters and golf (feel a pattern coming on here) and always wears suits So there we have it a mini Trump bless him, no choice really I guess