Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is this even English??

(104 Posts)
mrsmopp Sat 19-Nov-16 08:44:42

Snapchat now let's you add bitmoji to online geofilters.

Well, you learn something new every day, don't you.
I think I'm on the wrong planet here! Well I am definitely out of date.......

paddyann Wed 28-Jun-17 14:45:29

I buy eggs in boxes of 30 ( I do a lot of baking)a dozen wouldn't last a day here

peter846 Wed 28-Jun-17 13:26:25

Geofilter is great feature. Try designs from finefilterz.com You can use geofilters for any event or just fun. :-)

Fitzy54 Sun 30-Apr-17 22:52:48

Does any of this work on the fax machine?

mrsmopp Sun 30-Apr-17 22:43:23

Shannon, you sound like a Young Person bringing us oldies up to date, for which many thanks! However you have fallen into the misplaced apostrophe trap by saying your son's ... purchased...etc and we oldies are a bit fussy about our apostrophes, if you read the whole thread.
But thanks for explains the modern jargon; much appreciated. ?

Shannon Fri 28-Apr-17 14:05:31

Snapchat geofilters are special overlays for Snaps that can only be accessed in certain locations. So, basically, they are pretty graphics that dress up a Snap. They're very similar to digital stickers, except they are actually built into the program. Whew,,,Technology... My son's once purchased one as a gift on his friend's bday. Here's the website.....https://finefilterz.com. You'll be amazed.

joannewton46 Sun 27-Nov-16 03:23:02

Teddy123 - I know they are different but don't ask me how!

Teddy123 Sat 26-Nov-16 21:39:50

Eh? Is snapchat the same as "whatsapp" ????

FarNorth Sat 26-Nov-16 18:10:51

Don't know if all spellchecks are the same, but after it's printed something wrongly try doing a backspace and it may correct itself back to what you originally typed.

joannewton46 Sat 26-Nov-16 17:16:11

It's not just the recent technological developments that can be incomprehensible! I have some shares and regularly get letters re AGMs with articles I am supposed to vote on. The language in these could just as well be ancient Greek for all the sense it makes, especially when one sentence runs to 25 lines with NO punctuation!

Jalima Sat 26-Nov-16 16:06:43

A Samsung tablet
A bit difficult to swallow wink

vampirequeen Sat 26-Nov-16 09:32:01

According to wiki 'A tablet is a pharmaceutical dosage form. Tablets may be defined as the solid unit dosage form of medicament or medicaments with or without suitable excipients and prepared either by molding or by compression. It comprises a mixture of active substances and excipients, usually in powder form, pressed or compacted from a powder into a solid dose'

I swallow several tablets every day.

durhamjen Fri 25-Nov-16 21:56:44

Tablet, Jalima? What's a tablet?

mrsmopp Fri 25-Nov-16 12:07:27

I bake my bread in a 2lb loaf tin.
All my recipes in my notebook are imperial measurements.
And I'm only five foot tall...

Jalima Fri 25-Nov-16 11:52:29

Does anything come in a Baker's Dozen any more?

Jalima Fri 25-Nov-16 11:51:33

djen my tablet is so slow that it would take forever to keep turning the pages.

Bijou Thu 24-Nov-16 22:47:26

Whilst shopping yesterday I bought two pints of milk, a pound of mince and half a dozen eggs.

durhamjen Tue 22-Nov-16 21:54:51

I only have 25 on each page, Jalima. 100 at a time is far too many to scroll down. Hurts my eyes and brain.

Jalima Tue 22-Nov-16 19:58:49

Is that a metric number of posts?
It's on Page 1 for me!

She's spent some time this morning patiently explains that there's no point in tapping the screen of her laptop because it is NOT an iPad
Elrel DGD (4) got rather impatient with my slowness in printing off colouring pages for her using the very old pc.
'Come on, swipe, swipe' she said as I dropped the mouse.

Perhaps I'll ask her what Snapchat geofilters with bitmojis added are.

durhamjen Tue 22-Nov-16 18:25:11

Oh, and I made a mistake and corrected it. I said 100 because it was on page four. However it was at the beginning of page four. Just in case you are going to pick me up on the number of posts.

durhamjen Tue 22-Nov-16 18:23:12

Mrsmopp did, Daphne. It was in her OP. It was a joke, just like her mention of autocorrect. That's why I said it. Okay now?

DaphneBroon Mon 21-Nov-16 23:51:31

Who took over 100 posts to notice it??
I expect most, like me, spotted it right away but CBA.

mrsmopp Mon 21-Nov-16 23:13:28

They are greengrocers MaizieD!
But mine used American spelling so I get labor realize etc

durhamjen Mon 21-Nov-16 23:11:29

I used to have a cafe above a greengrocer's shop. He was always doing it, so I'd tell him and he'd tell me off. One day I didn't tell him and he told me off for not telling him, as his customers did!

durhamjen Mon 21-Nov-16 23:09:06

Sorry, only 77.

MaizieD Mon 21-Nov-16 23:08:32

I think it's time people got firm with their auto-corrects!
How come they put apostrophes in the wrong places and don't put them in the right places?