Gransnet forums

News & politics

WASPI

(4 Posts)
Maggiemaybe Fri 02-Dec-16 11:19:09

Most of those affected by now, I would hope. Certainly all of us who have taken part in demonstrations or information days, or met with our MPs, or formed local groups, or organised or signed one of the 100+ petitions handed in to Parliament, or watched one of the many debates in the House about the cause, or paid our dues to join the campaign, or contributed to the costs of the legal challenge WASPI is soon to launch against the Government.

There's been so much publicity in the local and national press, on social media, even on several threads on Gransnet.

For those who haven't heard of WASPI, especially those losing out on up to 6 years pension because of the unfairly steep rise to the women's state pension age, please do take a look at this now and see how you could perhaps help:

www.waspi.co.uk/

JackieBee1 Fri 02-Dec-16 10:24:58

How many women on here actually know about WASPI?

Maggiemaybe Fri 02-Dec-16 09:01:28

She's a good 'un! When she was elected I was surprised at someone so young getting into parliament. I was wrong, she most definitely is more than up to the job.

Granny23 Thu 01-Dec-16 09:30:04

Remember when Mhari Black MP did a Question and Answer session with us re pension age changes for women? Well nothing has changed and Mhari is still 'gein it laldy' on our behalf:

www.facebook.com/Mhairi.Black.SNP/videos/1028149187314544/

in her own inimitable style!