Gransnet forums

News & politics

I am totally sickened

(96 Posts)
DaphneBroon Mon 12-Dec-16 08:17:04

metro.co.uk/2016/12/11/two-girls-7-carry-out-suicide-bomb-attack-in-busy-market-6316062/

I am not by nature a vengeful person but I cannot find it in my heart to understand, let alone forgive the men who have used 7 year old little girls to carry suicide bombs in the latest atrocity.
Blow yourselves up if you must (but I recognise of course that takes no account of the innocent victims) , but what religion, belief, political philosophy says this is justifiable
I look at my 6 1/2 years little grandson and I weep.
sadsadsad

inishowen Mon 12-Dec-16 11:37:15

I also remember they used a teenage girl who had Downs as a suicide bomber. Evil doesn't describe them.

elfies Mon 12-Dec-16 11:47:11

So sad, so senseless, so stupid

gulligranny Mon 12-Dec-16 11:57:28

I've shed some tears this morning over the horror and the cowardice of this dreadful thing but I didn't know about the Downs girl, inishowen - that's so far beyond evil I can't really comprehend it.

Teddy123 Mon 12-Dec-16 12:21:28

Most definitely on drugs supplied by those who indoctrinate them. Not forgetting free access to as many girls/women they desire, alcohol, etc etc.

I can't think of an appropriate word to describe them. 'Disgusting' seems far too polite.

Barmyoldbat Mon 12-Dec-16 12:30:28

There was also a young boy, maybe about 10 or so but he couldn't go through with it and cried for elp. Poor kids.

Barmyoldbat Mon 12-Dec-16 12:30:50

Help not elp!

Anniebach Mon 12-Dec-16 12:35:23

A barbaric act. children are killed, starved, abused in so many countries

Christinefrance Mon 12-Dec-16 12:39:12

It's beyond tragic, what can I say that others haven't already. We can't comprehend a culture that allows this.

Yorkshiregel Mon 12-Dec-16 12:41:34

How can they call this a 'religion'? It has NOTHING to do with Muslims! Barbarians is what they are, stuck in a medieval timewarp. Evil to the extreme and totally lacking in humanity. Only COWARDS use children like this.

sunseeker Mon 12-Dec-16 13:10:21

I remember a conversation with a Muslim friend, he said that nowhere in the Koran do the words Holy and War appear together. He also said that Mohammad preached that whoever spills the blood of one person spills the blood of the world. So how can these cowards claim they are fighting for Islam.

GillT57 Mon 12-Dec-16 13:27:14

Innishowen I was going to mention that too, the young girl with Down's Syndrome would be double useless to these monster, I suppose. This latest atrocity goes beyond belief, until the next one sadly. There were also reports at the weekend of bus loads of young boys and men having been driven away against their will. I dread to think what is happening to them.

VIOLETTE Mon 12-Dec-16 14:09:56

Whichever preacher of hate decided to use innocent children for these barbaric acts should be hung by the hands until he dies, Nothing is bad enough, 'an eye for an eye'.......maybe he would like to be stoned publicly .....death by blowing himself up is too quick ...he/they must suffer as those poor children did...hoping they didn't realise what was happening to them. And to repeat a question on here ,,,where is the Qu'ran is there any justification for such acts ......I pray for Allepo but hold out not too much hope that things are going to be better for those poor souls any time soon

Cagsy Mon 12-Dec-16 14:53:28

If your religion/beliefs require you to kill people, start with yourself

Direne3 Mon 12-Dec-16 15:37:28

Surely the majority of these children are not 'suicide bombers' but are victims of murder.

Rinouchka Mon 12-Dec-16 15:51:57

I join you all in expressing horror at the use of little children as walking bombs. It has been said before that the only real victims of all wars are the innocent children. I thought that this was tragic enough a fact but these actions take the horror to a new level. Pity the innocent!

loopylou Mon 12-Dec-16 16:08:01

My contempt for these bastards is beyond words.
It seems there's nothing that they won't do. Hideous and horrifying.

Indinana Mon 12-Dec-16 16:12:24

Those poor, dear little girls, who could have understood nothing of their mission

My one hope is that, far from reaping rewards for all of eternity, these murderers will be condemned to an afterlife - for all eternity - of the worst kind of torture.

jollyg Mon 12-Dec-16 16:14:36

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

cheerfullizzy Mon 12-Dec-16 16:39:56

brilliant comment cagsy..I totally agree....

nancyma Mon 12-Dec-16 16:44:03

Women are not dross in the Muslim mind. What an extremely offensive statement. What is the Muslim mind. I am truly shocked by such a statement. Real welcome to any Muslim grandparent who wants to engage on Gransnet. Absolutely appalled by some of the tropes on this thread.

DaphneBroon Mon 12-Dec-16 18:17:15

Really nancyma???

Absolutely appalled by some of the tropes on this thread

Do you find it acceptable behaviour then?

Unfortunately I don't know what "trope" means, (is it one of these trendy new words?) but skimming through the posts most people seem to be echoing my horror at the MURDER of innocent children -whether little boys or girls is frankly irrelevant - in the name of a twisted bastardised version of Islam. I would imagine any Muslim/Sikh/ Jewish/Christian person with a heart would agree, so nobody is Muslim-bashing, just THESE Muslims. angry

Anya Mon 12-Dec-16 18:26:42

Keep your hair on DB. Nancyma is quite right to point out that most Muslims are not of this mind set.

Anya Mon 12-Dec-16 18:28:34

And it was jolly who made these offensive comments.

nancyma Mon 12-Dec-16 18:43:44

Daphne, of course I am appalled at these atrocious acts, why on earth would you think otherwise from my post ?

I am quite sure Muslim mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, grandparents etc are equally sickened and are are horrified that their religion is is being abused in this manner

That does not prevent me from being appalled at the statement that muslims think all women are dross. If you are not trendy daphne don't worry about it. Sometimes it's good to walk in someone else's shoes. Read that post from Jolly g from the point of view of a Muslim grandmother, like the majority of people, kind and decent and loving and see the comment about your belief system. I personally would be very clear that gn is not for Muslims. Daphne I have nothing further to add

Swanny Mon 12-Dec-16 19:14:27

I do not recall having to state my religious beliefs when joining Gransnet. Surely the common denominator here is that we are grandparents and as such we unconditionally grieve for the innocent children of all ages and nationalities.

As a traditionally Christian country don't we love our neighbours as ourselves? There are extremists in all walks of life; that doesn't make all Muslims evil any more than it makes all members of any sect evil, or all non-believers evil, or all men evil.