Gransnet forums

News & politics

First blood to Trump

(1001 Posts)
whitewave Wed 04-Jan-17 06:03:50

Trump will be inaugurated in 16 days time. Ford has recognised this new era.

How will his Junta of advisors deal with the political world?

Will Trump continue to govern by twitter?

Will his erratic behaviour stop?

Will he be less muddled in his thinking?

What will happen to NATO and article 5?

Will the world survive his environmental policy - such that it is?

Will America be able to contain him?

rosesarered Thu 26-Jan-17 22:46:45

Nope....I thought that was your job dd ( since you appear to know everything)
Jess was 'betting' and so was I.

daphnedill Thu 26-Jan-17 23:03:09

I know very little, but I know more than many about some things. I don't post about the the things I know virtually nothing. Maybe that's the difference between you and me.

Jalima Thu 26-Jan-17 23:10:29

Gosh, you are a bit grumpy today daphnedill if you don't mind me saying so.
Which you probably will if you're feeling grumpy.

Never mind, the sun'll be out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar, as Annie sings (or my DGD sings on a loop).
sunshine

Jalima Thu 26-Jan-17 23:11:51

I think anyone can post, knowing more than many is not a prerequisite of posting is it?

If it is I had better log off
moon

Anniebach Thu 26-Jan-17 23:18:25

Ouch, there was no need for thst reply to Rosesarered Daphne, so you know more than msny, this is interesting, what is the percentage you believe you are more knowledgable than?

Anniebach Thu 26-Jan-17 23:19:45

Can't be Jalima, I haven't been told not to post grin

MaizieD Thu 26-Jan-17 23:30:42

Araaba

No one cares where Kate gets her wardrobe because her husband isn't telling us he's going to make Britain great again by keeping industry etc, British for the British.

FWIW I thought Melania's outfit was horrid. It made her look overweight and frumpy. Not her fault and my opinion has nothing to do with who her husband is.

Jalima Thu 26-Jan-17 23:55:32

Que?
I Know Nothing
Definitely time to log off
but have to have a final word:
OMG if Melania looked overweight I am going on a starvation diet shock

Jalima Thu 26-Jan-17 23:58:02

ps and I got the song wrong

The sun'll come out tomorrow
Bet your bottom dollar that tomorrow
There'll be sun
smile

Araabra Fri 27-Jan-17 00:01:29

Melania Trump picks patriotism and international glamour for her...
www.washingtonpost.com/news/arts-and-entertainment/w...

5 days ago ... With the help of designer Ralph Lauren, first lady Melania Trump is ... even the subject of fashion became a matter of political debate, ... This inaugural ensemble will be a footnote in his professional story, not the essence of it ... the fabric woven in Upstate New York and the dress itself made in the Big Apple ...

durhamjen Fri 27-Jan-17 02:10:04

www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/01/26/british-lawmakers-tell-their-prime-minister-your-groveling-in-front-of-trump-is-embarrassing/?tid=pm_world_pop

Araabra Fri 27-Jan-17 02:30:41

www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/they-never-saw-this-coming-a-qanda-with-kellyanne-conway-on-trumps-victory/2017/01/26/2bf64c10-da96-11e6-9a36-1d296534b31e_story.html?tid=pm_lifestyle_pop&utm_term=.49cd466865da

rosesarered Fri 27-Jan-17 08:11:02

grin daphnedil just googles a lot! 'more than many about some things' indeed.
Nobody likes know all comments y'know !

I didn't think it was possible for Melania to look overweight Maizie even in a potato sack.I think it will be your view only that she looked frumpy, remember she isn't 25.

daphnedill Fri 27-Jan-17 08:31:03

I have never claimed to know all - quite the opposite. I didn't even claim to know more than many. I stated that I know more then many about some things. That is true, just as I expect everybody knows more than many about some things. I always find it wise to hide total ignorance of the many things, about which I know absolutely nothing, by not saying anything. Google and a good memory are wonderful tools, because there is no reason why anybody should know little about everything. Nobody likes the sneering pupils, who sit at the back and make fun of the boffs, but I expect that's why some people support grammar schools.
grin

rosesarered Fri 27-Jan-17 08:44:15

dd and yet another snide post at anyone who doesn't load this forum with links and stats taken from google and elsewhere......do give it up, and remember, this is an opinion forum.... we don't have to pass any kind of forum member imposed knowledge test. Being a boff is one thing ( an intelligent pupil) being a know-all pupil is another matter, they are never popular.

Anniebach Fri 27-Jan-17 09:01:11

But if one has to constantly Google one knows little or one wouldn't have to spend so much time googling

Elegran Fri 27-Jan-17 09:18:35

However, one can know a bit and google to expand that a bit more.

daphnedill Fri 27-Jan-17 09:22:12

Indeed Elegran! One can also check facts when the memory is faulty and post links, in case anybody else should wish to delve deeper.

rosesarered Fri 27-Jan-17 09:23:41

Depending on how much time one has.Google is useful, but Gransnet is not a kind of
Top Of The Form to parade our knowledge.Any new or timid poster reading this bit of the thread should be forgiven for running for the hills.

daphnedill Fri 27-Jan-17 09:24:45

“When you are a Bear of Very Little Brain, and you Think of Things, you find sometimes that a Thing which seemed very Thingish inside you is quite different when it gets out into the open and has other people looking at it.”

Winnie the Pooh

Incidentally, there's a course on FutureLearn at the moment about why people use social media.

daphnedill Fri 27-Jan-17 09:26:55

They could run to one of the many other areas of this site. The heading "News and Politics" probably gives an inkling that this one little area is going to be serious and contentious issues will be debated.

Elegran Fri 27-Jan-17 09:27:05

Just seen your post asking what kakistocracy means, DD. I read it on this page The Styrofoam Presidency

daphnedill Fri 27-Jan-17 09:28:19

Thank you Elegran. Interesting!

Elegran Fri 27-Jan-17 09:28:59

Sorry to post another link, but Marsha Geissen says it all so much better than I can (though she doesn't define kakistocracy, she leaves you to work it out from your knowledge of what kaka is another word for)

whitewave Fri 27-Jan-17 09:30:23

rose as a partaker in this thread aren't you one of the reasons that a timid person would take to the hills? Or are your threads all sweetness and light?

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion