Gransnet forums

News & politics

Because sometimes you need a smile

(32 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 11-Mar-17 11:02:30

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/03/10/commuter-spots-seven-nuns-seven-sisters/

Classic!

Jalima Sun 12-Mar-17 14:42:54

Re the Robert Kelly clip - Kelly's mother has said that the children thought he was skyping them (the grandparents) and bounded into the room for a chat as they usually do grin

VIOLETTE Sun 12-Mar-17 15:08:49

Had to laugh ...proves they have a sense of humour !

Juney64 Sun 12-Mar-17 16:21:27

Elegran

Are the nuns in white veils a nursing order?
-----------------------------
Thatbags

It's his wife.

The order of these two posts me laugh out loud!!

Luckygirl Sun 12-Mar-17 18:28:22

There is a convent about a quarter of a mile from us. I went to the theatre in town one day and there were lots of nuns there having a drink at the bar. I was a bit surprised; but then saw what was showing - singalong Sound of Music! Closer inspection showed many of the nuns to be male!

Dee Sun 12-Mar-17 19:51:15

I always think of nuns when people criticise some muslim women who choose to cover their heads and bodies for religious reasons. I haven't heard any news stories of nuns being harassed or attacked in the street but for some people muslim women seem to be fair game. Its a funny old world. I'm an atheist but I don't think that gives me the right to dictate what people of faith do as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

Anniebach Sun 12-Mar-17 19:58:12

As a Christian I agree with you Dee, I have very dear friends who are nuns and have always respected their habit, the same applies to Muslim women too