Gransnet forums

News & politics

Anti-Brexit march tomorrow WILL go ahead

(203 Posts)
varian Fri 24-Mar-17 15:36:55

Tomorrow's anti-Brexit march in London was scheduled to be one of the biggest ever protests. However the terrorist attack on Wednesday may have put off some of those who planned to take part. I have been told by someone who is intending to go that fake emails have been sent saying that it has been cancelled beacuse the police are overstretched. This is NOT true. Please spread the word that it is going ahead.

www.uniteforeurope.co.uk/

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 14:41:33

Won't be visiting Badenkate hope all goes well.
Carry on Anniebach although I'm starting to think I could write your posts for you! Same old same old

durhamjen Mon 27-Mar-17 14:37:02

Thanks for the warning, Badenkate. I'll stay in County Durham.

Badenkate Mon 27-Mar-17 14:24:00

I personally would avoid anywhere round Llandudno - or most of Wales - at the moment. Elder DS is doing an advanced speed police driving course at the moment based at Colwyn confused

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 14:13:53

Trisher, you baffle me, you defend and support a leader who will never win a general election , you are content to keep him as leader and sod the homeless and vulnerable,
I can only assume you haven't received info of the numbers who have left the party , and I mean info from the Labour Party not the DM, he is a loser and is dragging the party into the wilderness. Even his friend McClusky has said Corbyn should be given fifteen months to improve the party

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 13:44:48

But you could also heckle, put your point of view and say how you feel. It might be more use than posting the same comments on GN all the time. All those people leaving the labour party could have joined in. Perhaps there aren't enough? A mini bus maybe?

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 13:38:34

Perhaps they couldn't get a bus full to go to llandudno to hear the miracle worker because so few wanted to listen to him

Jalima Mon 27-Mar-17 13:26:13

Lots of them went by bus. It's called organisation. Lots of people wanted to march.
Perhaps they couldn't get a bus full to go to Llandudno sad because people had gone to London.

durhamjen Mon 27-Mar-17 12:03:57

Lots of them went by bus. It's called organisation.

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 11:18:33

How many trains arrive in London every day Trisher ? From all parts of the country

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 11:16:30

True, I have no belief, trust or faith in Corbyn, just like the thousands who have recently left the Labour Party .

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 11:11:52

Some EU marchers travelled further than that. I suppose it's all about the strength of your beliefs.

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 11:10:54

In this Welsh market town I have heard Boris Johnson, Anne Widdy, David Cameron, Robin Cooke, Ed Milliband, Babara Castle, Gordon Brown, and many more, and they all knew which county they were in. No Corbyn , i didn't choose to turn up to listen to Nigel Farage .

nigglynellie Mon 27-Mar-17 11:00:28

Perhaps Annie is an ardent cyclist, 190 miles there and back would have been a breeze!!grin

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 11:00:20

good grief, heckle Corbyn? That's asking for his squeal of - your hassling me and heading to find a glass door to hide behind.

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 10:50:18

Perhaps they could have organised a day out, like the EU marchers.

Ana Mon 27-Mar-17 10:50:06

Especially on the bus!

rosesarered Mon 27-Mar-17 10:47:16

190 miles is a long way to go and heckle though grin

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 10:42:35

I remember when people who disagreed went to political meetings and heckled. I do think this is a sad loss to democracy.

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 10:37:16

Wales is not a county it is a country, got it? And Corbyn was in Conwy not as he thought in Denbighshire , and I wouldn't walk to our parish hall to hear him spout more lies

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 10:33:58

Jalima, I could have gone along , its only 190 miles and the small problem of no car .

Some haven't the foggiest of the geography , reminds me of Jens claim Corbyn campaigned in Wales fir the referendum, didn't add once and in Cardiff

Trisher yes I am a strong labour supporter which is why I want a strong labour leader not the choice of momentum and the communist party

Jalima Mon 27-Mar-17 10:17:30

Have you ever travelled from South to North Wales trisher?
gone along would not be that easy grin

trisher Mon 27-Mar-17 09:59:48

But he was in Wales and you as such a strong Labour supporter should surely have known that Anniebach and perhaps gone along to voice all the animosity and distrust you post about on here to the people who really matter.

Anniebach Mon 27-Mar-17 08:37:00

I read the Daily Post North Wales , you are quoting from a labour site , I also spoke to several who were there. He saud here in Denbighshire.

He has now said labour is ready to fight an election now, Len McClusky has said Cirbyn should be given fifteen months to sort things out.

I made no attempt to divert the thread, I asked a question, you Jen jumped in with a load of rubbish, how come the lib leader can be brought into this thread but I am accused of diverting the thread by asking if the labour leader was there.

durhamjen Sun 26-Mar-17 23:41:19

labourlist.org/2017/03/carwyn-and-his-team-show-the-difference-that-is-made-from-government-corbyn-to-welsh-labour-conference/

"In Wales this May, Labour is defending over 500 seats in 22 unitary authorities. We lead 12 of those councils -10 outright – and I know Carwyn and all members of the Labour Party in Wales will be united in not only defending those council, but fighting to make gains too, including in Denbighshire. "

You read the wrong papers.
They are just like you, anything to attack Corbyn.
And divert the thread to your favourite subject.

Anniebach Sun 26-Mar-17 23:30:58

Then went on to say including here in Denbighshire, Llsndudno is in Conway Jen