Gransnet forums

News & politics

Prince Harry speaks out.

(281 Posts)
Nelliemoser Mon 17-Apr-17 17:43:29

I hope this is the only thread.
All I can say is this young man has at last impressed me. For any one with a macho image to admit that they have mental health problems has taken a big step. Given his royal status and the Windsors previously "buttoned up" attitudes this is a good step forward.
Maybe his work with ? "Help for Heros" has helped him to acknowledge his issues. Losing your mum at 12 must have been devastating." It is particularly good coming from a man as in general men are not good at talking about such things.
Whatever our opinions of the monarch he deserves some credit for talking about this.

norose4 Sun 30-Apr-17 23:10:00

?

Christinefrance Mon 01-May-17 08:39:53

I agree with Norose & Daphne. Anyone supporting improvements to mental health care should be applauded.

Norah Mon 08-May-17 20:48:29

And now this bit.

www.foxnews.com/world/2017/05/07/prince-harry-prince-william-reportedly-told-to-do-less-soul-baring-by-queen.html

Iam64 Mon 08-May-17 21:38:19

Do we believe anything printed in the Sun?
I'm prepared to accept the Queen has suggested younger members of the family pick up more work, especially as Prince Philip is stepping back. I struggle to accept the wording reported from a "source" from the palace.

Anniebach Mon 08-May-17 21:46:24

A source from the palace is best ignored. Newspapers can say what they want, claim it was a source but if questioned would give the usual - we never disclose our sources . Wouldn't be surprised if queenie hasn't told them their Holiday is over , time to start doing some work.