Gransnet forums

News & politics

I wonder what TM was really doing tonight?

(36 Posts)
Rigby46 Wed 31-May-17 22:25:27

Just that really - another hour, another explanation.

Morgana Wed 31-May-17 22:28:46

Helping her husband with his tax evasion business?!! Hear that trump has signed up for advice... As someone said on Facebook if she can't take part in a discussion, how on earth can she negotiate with the European union?

daphnedill Wed 31-May-17 22:30:48

Having a discussions with her advisors about how to dig herself out of the hole she's dug for herself.

daphnedill Wed 31-May-17 22:31:21

Maybe preparing her exit speech?

rosesarered Wed 31-May-17 22:32:33

Rather than 'a discussion' *Morgana' I think you mean 'this discussion' because she took part in the tv interview with an audience and Paxman the other night, and she will be on QT from York along with Corbyn on Friday night.

rosesarered Wed 31-May-17 22:34:07

I realise that wasn't the answer some wanted.grin but it happens to be true.

Morgana Wed 31-May-17 22:38:26

She was the only party leader missing. A serious misjudgment I would suggest.

daphnedill Wed 31-May-17 22:40:16

Hopefully, it will be part of her downfall. She was a useless Home Secretary and an even worse PM.

Anniebach Wed 31-May-17 22:44:18

Corbyn refused to take part in the Brexit campaign on tv, and only made appearances at momentum arranged rallies. The reason put forward by his most ardent follower here was he wouldn't appear with Cammeron. He only decided to dazzle the country on tv at lunch time today and then challenged May to join in. Bet he has been coached for days for this evening.

Anniebach Wed 31-May-17 22:45:25

Cheer up Daphne, we will have Abbott as Home Secretary come Friday ?

rosesarered Wed 31-May-17 22:52:53

Oh Please NO!! grin

NotTooOld Wed 31-May-17 22:53:06

I think JC has done well in his TV appearances recently. He comes across as confident and mostly well informed. TM on the other hand looks nervous and sometimes seems unprepared. I too think she made a big mistake not appearing on the BBC prog tonight. It must have cost her a few brownie points. In answer to the OP's question, she was probably doing the same as me - cooking the dinner (does she cook?) and watching Coronation Street.

NotTooOld Wed 31-May-17 22:54:23

Diane Abbott as Home secretary? TBH she's about the only thing that stops me voting Labour. Corbyn really needs to dump her. I know he's loyal to his mates but really DA is a step too far.

Rigby46 Wed 31-May-17 23:00:53

The 'girl' jobs at home?

Rigby46 Wed 31-May-17 23:03:59

Gosh ab you mean party leaders are coached before appearing on TV < faints>. Oh no sorry, only JC. Phew - had me pearl clutching for a moment.

Jalima1108 Wed 31-May-17 23:11:34

But Thornberry is as thick as a plank as well NotTooOld!

JC didn't mind letting people down tonight in the West Country - obviously appearing on the telly and getting one over on TM for doing so was more important than speaking to the converted in Bristol etc.

minesaprosecco Wed 31-May-17 23:15:58

Why would anyone not vote Labour because of Diane Abbott, even if she is very annoying? Would you not vote Tory because of Boris Johnson, who is equally annoying? Surely you vote for a party because you agree with its politics, not because its MPS are personable. Or have I got it all wrong and I should be voting for a personality - is this really a reality TV show and not the most important election in my life time?

NotTooOld Wed 31-May-17 23:17:16

Jalima - agreed. Wasn't she the one who advocated burying bad news on 9/11? She is a very annoying woman who seems to think she is superior to everyone else. I do have some sympathy with Diane Abbott (single mother etc) but she does herself no favours. She is an excellent example of the Peter Principle (getting promoted until one reaches a job one is incapable of doing).

NotTooOld Wed 31-May-17 23:18:19

Mines - point taken but could you see DA doing a good job as Home secretary?

Anniebach Wed 31-May-17 23:21:15

Corbyn has improved his public appearances since Andrew Murray left the communist party to become his campaign organiser

Rigby46 Wed 31-May-17 23:22:32

FFS Not that's a bloody lie - check your facts or don't you know how to use google? That's a bloody bloody awful lie to post or are you going to bleat that you've got a right to your opinion - well you haven't got a right to lie

Jalima1108 Wed 31-May-17 23:28:15

But it's not personality, it's intelligence.

I thought DA was supposed to be a clever girl when she was very young but I have serious misgivings about her abilities and think she is floundering hopelessly.

Jalima1108 Wed 31-May-17 23:32:00

What's a lie Rigby46? confused

if it's about Andrew Murray having left the Communist party to work with Corbyn, then surely that has been very widely publicised?

rosesarered Wed 31-May-17 23:32:31

What are we all doing up at this late hour talking politics! Don't we get enough of it during daylight hours? grin
moon

Jalima1108 Wed 31-May-17 23:32:59

Or is it a lie that Corbyn's public persona has improved since Murray took over?