Gransnet forums

News & politics

London.....Incidents at London Bridge, Borough Market and Vauxhall.

(278 Posts)
merlotgran Sat 03-Jun-17 23:52:40

Watching BBC News now. A white van has ploughed into people on London Bridge, shootings and stabbings at Borough Market.

It's still ongoing.

Tegan2 Tue 06-Jun-17 23:47:11

At least the media are now making the Conservatives answer questions but it worries me that it's too little and too late.

durhamjen Tue 06-Jun-17 23:00:14

I bet Sadiq Khan is really pleased to have Mayhem on his side.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 22:51:02

Don't Tegan ...

whitewave Tue 06-Jun-17 20:45:07

Pity his sister and Father didnt clout him one, they must despair. The truth is that he decided to back Brexit as he bet on it advancing his political career- the irony is that his career is probably finished - it should be

Tegan2 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:39:58

And this is the guy [along with Farage] who persuaded this country to leave the EU...

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:37:05

I heard it too. It seems Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson did not listen to nanny when it came to the telling of lies nor he learn statesmanship. Total pratt.

whitewave Tue 06-Jun-17 20:30:04

Heard it -it ws excrutiatingly embarrassing

durhamjen Tue 06-Jun-17 20:25:30

voxpoliticalonline.com/2017/06/06/bojo-makes-a-clown-of-himself-once-again/

On radio four this morning.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:24:13

I have seen the offer to change our laws if they don't suit her. I wish people would realise that this is where the worst of governments starts. I won't repeat the poem (some think it doesn't matter to their lives I know) but take away my neighbours rights and you take away mine.

She has gone all out for the right-wing UKIP vote today. It will be the Brexit vote tomorrow. Nothing to say to the average person who is not just about these things either way, or to the young.sad

durhamjen Tue 06-Jun-17 20:22:24

My latest link shows that May/Rudd are planning more cuts to police as soon as/if they get back in.
If you don't want more police cuts, to the Office of security and counter terrorism, vote Labour to keep them out.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 20:17:55

Petra you were talking about my political allegiance. I don't mind that if you are repeating what I have said but I do mind it if you make it up. That seems entirely fair to me. All in all making jokes about anyone's political point of view really isn't funny and is rather childish but I only ask for truth not adulthood.

As for Ana's supposed whit. Whit works if it is about the subject; The Cons, The LP or the election but not when it is about the person, which Ana and a few others - perhaps you too? - have been doing in the last few days.

varian Tue 06-Jun-17 20:13:36

The Tories have lied about cuts in police numbers since TM was Home Secretary. The facts show the truth.

inews.co.uk/essentials/news/fact-check-armed-police-numbers-cut/

durhamjen Tue 06-Jun-17 20:13:10

Petra, have you invented a new word?
Not quite sure what it means, or why you put it in ' '.

durhamjen Tue 06-Jun-17 20:10:03

From a Times article.

skwawkbox.org/2017/06/06/mayrudd-planning-32mn-cut-to-counter-terror-budget-ge17/

petra Tue 06-Jun-17 19:43:45

GracesGran I don't know what your talking about ( post @ 18.01)
But I was referring to your claim that Ana attacts posters. I think your mistaking her ' attacts' for her very witty sense of humour. And for myself she does ( sometimes) lift the dreariness of these threads.

whitewave Tue 06-Jun-17 18:38:17

I give up.

POGS Tue 06-Jun-17 18:29:31

WW

Of course you didn't read it nor watch the Daily Politics programme I mentioned.

Yet you know more about it than my post where I obviously did actually watch it.

Hmm. Sorry but if that is not posturing then it sure as hell is arguing for the sake of it. Nothing new there lately.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 18:01:53

It is whitewave.

Petra - If you are not going to read enough to know what you're talking about I should sit quietly if I were you.

There has been a great deal on about security today. While I do think the cuts in police have made a difference I don't think you can blame some poor person for not picking up on what are probably very simply organised attacks.

Ana Tue 06-Jun-17 17:37:42

If you say so, whitewave smile

whitewave Tue 06-Jun-17 17:30:58

gg grin. There are some posts that advance the debate, there are some posts that question the debate and then there are others who add bugger all to anything except to get off on snide remarks and personal innuendo. Bit sad.

petra Tue 06-Jun-17 17:26:17

GracesGranMK2
If you think that was an attack it's no wonder you vote liberal Democrat.

Ana Tue 06-Jun-17 17:19:32

Careful, you might get yet another post deleted...hmm

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 17:16:51

You mean unlike the other times?

Ana Tue 06-Jun-17 17:15:37

Ofgs, it wasn't an 'attack'. Do grow up.

GracesGranMK2 Tue 06-Jun-17 17:09:41

I'm sure she doesn't but it keeps track of your attack sessions for others looking in. I think it should be noted.