Gransnet forums

News & politics

Who will replace May?

(268 Posts)
Rigby46 Fri 09-Jun-17 06:34:38

She can't possibly stay - she's fatally wounded. Boris, Hammond and DD must be plotting as I post. Rudd a no-no, too close to her.

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:35:20

Cor they are brave messing with Her Maj aren't they?

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:33:19

Love the lack of goats skin velum explanation.

It is the politics of the mad house

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:28:40

Yes I do agree ffms

f77ms Mon 12-Jun-17 15:27:28

May should stay as long as possible ( I am a Labour supporter btw) she is our best asset .

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 15:26:43

What a liar? I wouldn't be so sure as Maybot must have been economical with the truth when she told her maj that she could form a functioning government as she didn't know at that stage and in fact still doesn't know if she actually can.

If the Tories think that Johnson will be liked NBC the electorate it shows how little they know either the voter or European ministers .

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 15:22:36

It's because Johnson has the personal skills that Maybot lacks!!!!!

kittylester Mon 12-Jun-17 14:13:51

Last time I looked Lawson Junior wasn't in the Cabinet. He is entitled to an opinion - just like the rest of us!!

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 13:08:14

Rumour doing the rounds that Maybot will be out by the end of the week and Johnson shoved in place?

How will that work then.

What an outlook Johnson and Trump oh joy!

Jalima1108 Mon 12-Jun-17 12:12:59

What has Nigel Lawson got to do with his son's article?
About as much as his sister's cookery skills grin

devongirl Mon 12-Jun-17 11:10:05

Luckylegs9 I agree with the most recent posts. I take particular offence at "those of us who have always had to work". I am now past state retirement age but still 'have to work', and will continue to have to. Oddly enough (to you) I am still a fervent supporter of Labour.

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 10:58:55

luckylegs the people you refer to post sensible, well informed (i.e. based on facts) opinions. You do not . End of. And that's my well informed ( based on facts ) option of your posts

MaizieD Mon 12-Jun-17 09:59:23

Perhaps luckylegs has got her threads muddled. It's easily done these days grin

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 09:45:56

luckylegs false facts grin

Eloethan Mon 12-Jun-17 09:31:15

luckylegs I too have looked through the whole thread and have found no personal insults.

Conversely,you have just said that a "certain trio" on here [you give two names] can't comprehend the issues and "seem to result [resort] to personal insults if you have no answer". That seem pretty personal to me - and incorrect.

It is funny how those who agree with Conservative Party policy always seem to refer to "those of us who have always had to work". I think you will find that most of the people of a different political persuasion to yourself have also always had to work - work and commitment to work is not exclusive to those on the right.

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 08:49:41

Has Mayhem said, "Nothing has changed!" yet?

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 08:48:42

Where did that come from, luckylegs?
I have looked through the whole thread and can't find where I even acknowledged you, yet alone criticised what you were saying.
Try not to make things up for effect. It usually backfires.

GracesGranMK2 Mon 12-Jun-17 08:44:00

Instead so much of the electorate opted for freebies for everyone, regardless of how it would be paid for

Rather like May it appears you have a tin ear tidyskatemum, as the way the manifesto was going to be paid for was issued as a separate document and talked about on many programmes. More a case of not wanting to know than the information not being available it seems.

Just another example of prejudice (opinion without a factual base).

Luckylegs9 Mon 12-Jun-17 08:26:20

I am perfectly calm durhamjen, just stating the facts, something a certain trio on here can't comprehend.a . Whitewave, Daphnedill, you seem to result to personal insults if you haven't an answer, is that how you deal with everything? I can understand youngsters being taken in by the promise of freebies for nothing, but those of us who have always had to work and know what happened in the seventies should have learnt some thing. May messed up, we have to make the best of a bad job, anything is better than the alternative.

daphnedill Mon 12-Jun-17 08:22:55

Quite a lot kittylester because Lawson jnr is advocating a return to kind of economics, of which his father was a chief architect, and is one of the reasons the economy has been limping along for the last few decades.

MaizieD Mon 12-Jun-17 08:19:50

Dominic Lawson's comments are just breathtaking. Son of a former chancellor and hasn't a clue about economics. Mind you, his father didn't, either.
Once again astonished at people lapping up the empty rhetoric.

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 08:17:58

David Davis -begun the spin this morning

Maybot has good pm skills and excellent communication skills! Blimey

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 08:04:53

What a position to be in!! No one wants you, no one believes in you, everyone knows your days are numbered, you have to meet leaders in the EU who know you have no authority.

Bloody hell woman show some spine and tell them to stick it!!!!

Anya Mon 12-Jun-17 08:01:01

out of reach

Anya Mon 12-Jun-17 08:00:36

Doesn't it come down to aspirations?

Surely we all aspire to a better society where there is good education, health care and social care?

Or are some saying that this isn't what they want or simply put of reach?

After all it's us, our children and grandchildren who are living in a second class society otherwise.

suzied Mon 12-Jun-17 07:41:30

So we should support T May as she's "better than Corbyn" what an example of positive thinking. Even after 2 major terror attacks her popularity slumped. Some of us remember 20,000 police being cut. The police federation hasn't forgiven her. It's ok to bail out failing banks, pour huge amounts into changing school orgsnisation, give tax handouts to the wealthy, use taxpayers money for shareholders of train companies, HS2 vanity projects etc. But we have to cut public services don't we? May will also no doubt find a "magic money tree" to bribe the DUP, lots more dosh coming to Northern Ireland, any bets?