Gransnet forums

News & politics

"The Book of Jeremy Corbyn" according to The New Yorker

(49 Posts)
MawBroon Sat 10-Jun-17 10:01:56

Worth a read, maybe a smile?

www.newyorker.com/news/daily-comment/the-book-of-jeremy-corbyn?mbid=social_facebook_paid_cm_corbynsbook

rosesarered Sat 10-Jun-17 20:24:24

I think it is hilarious Maw we are sat here with large G&T's, and Mr Roses read it
as well, so it got 2 laughs for the price of one.grin

Nandalot Sat 10-Jun-17 20:18:07

Previous post as in Luckylegs,

Nandalot Sat 10-Jun-17 20:16:33

Sorry realised this is a digression from the OP. I didn't"t mean to be flaming but I had to respond to previous post.

Ginny42 Sat 10-Jun-17 20:16:27

Apologies to MawBroon as I have no wish to hi-jack your wonderful thread, but I must just say to LL9 please check up on Theresa May now supping with the DUP.

They had a meltdown last year when they were implicated in a £400M fraud scandal. That's who she's supping with now to shore up her party.

Nandalot Sat 10-Jun-17 20:15:31

Perhaps not the devil but she is supping with the DUP who also had links with the paramilitaries in the trouble. Also not exactly helpful to be consorting so closely with one side as it might jeopardise the peace talks .

Luckylegs9 Sat 10-Jun-17 19:42:48

Paddyann, yes T M messed up big time. One thing in her favour, she doesn't sup with the devil. I would trust her any day over toady Corbyn, if you lie with dogs you get flees. He was friend of terrorists and the IRA. TM was spectacularly misguided and a lot of good people have lost their seats because of her.she made a big mistake, but she will be suffering herself, knowing how wrong she got it and let people down. She is a committed and hardworking person who got it wrong, but not out of malice. I have never seen her on stage with terrorist organisations or heard her defending them. Have you never messed up on anything?

kittylester Sat 10-Jun-17 19:31:48

I thought it was so funny that I started yet another thread!! blush Sorree!

Chewbacca Sat 10-Jun-17 17:11:38

Thanks MawBroon, just the thing to give a good laugh amidst all the doom and gloom! Shame the humour has bypassed some people though grin

Baggs Sat 10-Jun-17 17:04:40

Gransnet Pricklies' Club wink

Smileless2012 Sat 10-Jun-17 17:04:08

Thanks MawBroon I needed a laughsmile.

LadyGracie Sat 10-Jun-17 15:46:47

I thought it was great, very funny! There are a lot of prickly people about today!

MawBroon Sat 10-Jun-17 14:20:13

One unfortunate result is it often throws the discussion of a legitimate topic off track
Still confused
Perish the thought that any such digression could happen on GN!!

<Other than the reference to "two places " of course.>

Bellanonna Sat 10-Jun-17 14:14:53

Hilarious MawB

GracesGranMK2 Sat 10-Jun-17 14:14:13

It is, isn't it Luckygirl. The comedians are having a field day with the election and some of them are very, very clever at doing it.

Elegran Sat 10-Jun-17 14:10:17

To GG2 not to Luckygirl

Elegran Sat 10-Jun-17 14:09:34

I've not read the other thread, but there isn't any flaming flaming on this one, just some amusement, so why are you trying to start a fight? Is it because the election campaigning is over and you are getting withdrawal symptoms?

Luckygirl Sat 10-Jun-17 14:07:57

That is hysterical - I love it!

GracesGranMK2 Sat 10-Jun-17 14:06:37

Flaming as in internet flaming, Baggs. Flaming takes place in online discussion forums and are posts intended to disrupt. Flaming is often an off topic attack on one person or group of people and can lead to the trading of insults. One unfortunate result is it often throws the discussion of a legitimate topic off track. Many forums make them against the rules in one way or another.

MawBroon Sat 10-Jun-17 14:03:15

Did I make a flaming comment?
Who did?
<Own up, now>
More confused than ever

TerriBull Sat 10-Jun-17 13:59:13

Yes I remember all of that Annie, particularly the rubbish piled high I was working in London at the time, I agree it wasn't a great time.

Baggs Sat 10-Jun-17 13:52:57

What's wrong with the word 'flaming'?

merlotgran Sat 10-Jun-17 13:50:27

I'm flaming confused but then it is flaming June.

What's a 'flaming comment?' confused

MawBroon Sat 10-Jun-17 13:33:23

It's on Democracy hahahaha
hmm ??

GracesGranMK2 Sat 10-Jun-17 13:33:01

I wasn't even suggesting you had Maw and was very careful to say it was not a problem. It was not the double posting; it was the 'flaming' comments I was objecting to.

I really cannot stop you taking offence if you choose to but none was intended.

GracesGranMK2 Sat 10-Jun-17 13:31:04

Found it quicker than I expected. It's on Democracy hahahaha.