Gransnet forums

News & politics

Government watch

(1001 Posts)
whitewave Sun 11-Jun-17 10:52:41

Now this really be worth doing!!

Let's start with the QS.

What will be left out/watered down! Not sure how they will explain it away as it's in the manifesto. Probably say something like "Brexit and all it's complications will mean that stuff will have to be shelved"

Fox hunting - out
Triple lock - remains
Social care - out

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 14:52:06

"I had the misfortune to see Treasury minister David Gauke … saying he was not ashamed of the huge food bank uptake. He said they were doing a valuable job and he was glad that the government was signposting people to them. Nobody seemed to want to ask him: In the country with the world’s sixth-largest economy, why are food banks needed at all?

Mr Gauke spent some time crowing about the fact the DWP rules have been altered to allow “signposting” to food banks by Job Centre advisors… (although claiming credit for government employees sending people to someone else, rather than providing help themselves, is in itself a mean-spirited shot in the foot)"

This man now in charge of DWP?

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 14:57:01

www.24housing.co.uk/news/plans-to-curb-zero-hours-contracts-in-social-care-unveiled/

Well done, the Welsh government - Labour, I believe.
I just hope the English government follows suit.

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 15:08:58

Watson thinks Murdoch had a hand in Gove's rehabilitation. Who are we run by?

www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/jun/12/tom-watson-asks-may-did-murdoch-request-goves-return-to-cabinet

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 16:08:26

Well this is really interesting

May it appears misled the Queen. Queen has now to delay Queens speech due to not having enough velum(would this have happened if there had been a landslide - I think not) SO STOP TREATING US LIKE IDIOTS. You haven't a clue yet what is going in it.

How long can you delay the QS without it being considered a coup? Lawyers are apparently looking at it.
No government work can be carried out without a QS. So that is why Brexit delay although they are not telling the truth(do they ever?)
The Queen must be absolutely furious, but is nothing to how the electorate must be feeling.

durhamjen Mon 12-Jun-17 16:15:16

You need to eat more goats.

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 16:18:25

grin

Good for Watson - keep the pressure going

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 16:21:35

DUP spinning like mad and rewriting the Good Friday Agreement..

How the hell did we get involved which such a mad lot?

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 16:34:00

Oh!! They seem to found some goats skin, the QS is going ahead. Oh sorry another update there still might be a delay. grin grin grin

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 16:58:17

May just off to her meeting that will tell her how long she's got

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:07:35

No it's going to be delayed a few days - clearly the DUP are breaking with their normal behaviour and being a bit difficult grin This is a complete and utter farce -we are a laughing stock. What a bunch of absolute incompetent, power hungry, selfish s***s.

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:08:53

I mean the QS obvs

rosesarered Mon 12-Jun-17 17:14:22

The goat is no doubt even more furious!
Tradition ( the vellum) but surprising in the 21st century.

rosesarered Mon 12-Jun-17 17:17:02

Presumably the QS will happen soon.crown

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 17:17:57

This is the most incompetent government ever.

Imagine the sheer panic going on behind the scene

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 17:18:56

Let's hope so rose we don't want to accuse the Tories of staging a coup on top of everything else they've done wrong

suzied Mon 12-Jun-17 17:26:28

Its the brazen face of people like Grant Shaps on the radio saying how marvellous everything is, there is no panic, and its business as usual, which make me squirm. No mention of the election farce.

Ana Mon 12-Jun-17 17:28:39

Well, sorry but what do you expect?

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 17:32:58

They have no integrity or credibility.

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:34:11

rar the timing of the QS and its timing is nothing to be nonchalant about or play fast and loose with - they are treating the Constitution ( and yes I know parts of it are not written but it exists either way) with contempt just as they are treating us all with contempt - they must be rolling in the aisles particularly at the number of Tory voters who continue to tie themselves in knots defending the indefensible. I can just imagine if the boot was on the over foot and the frothing that would be going on if Corbyn was doing this

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:37:06

and its timing

daphnedill Mon 12-Jun-17 17:37:15

Corbyn's a veggie. I blame all veggies for not eating enough goats. I'm surprised the Sun hasn't started a campaign for everybody to eat roast goat or be branded a traitor. grin grin

What a bloody farce!

daphnedill Mon 12-Jun-17 17:38:47

Farron's a veggie too. It must be a conspiracy.

Rigby46 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:39:53

It's all very well her going all mea culpa to the 1922 Committee - how about a bit of mea culpa to us and our £130million she stole for her vanity project?

whitewave Mon 12-Jun-17 17:41:41

Oh god. They've made us a laughing stock throughout the world over Brexit. What on earth must the world be saying now?

I can't bear it - we've gone from a country with integrity to a complete basket case

GracesGranMK2 Mon 12-Jun-17 17:45:47

Am I being unreasonable anxious to wonder what the Tory/DUP tie-up will do to Irelands issues? I actually find it really worrying that there may be a reaction.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion