Gransnet forums

News & politics

Momentum are getting stronger

(411 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 07-Jul-17 10:28:05

Luciana Berger who is chair of the Jewish Labour Movement was re-elected in Liverpool with a majority of nearly 33,000

Momentum activists took nine of ten positions in the LP, one new official has said Berger is now answerable to us!

I thought an MP was answerable to her constituency

trisher Tue 03-Oct-17 10:09:25

Possibly but it's just too good a chance to miss isn't it!

lemongrove Tue 03-Oct-17 10:07:46

Is thread getting mixed up with the Moggmentum one??

trisher Tue 03-Oct-17 10:01:10

Yes well it's people in Thailand using these pills and of course Mr Reese Mogg can't be expected to worry about them can he? I mean he has the problem of looking after screwing the poor people here. And anyway he needs the cash for his own six children doesn't he???

durhamjen Mon 02-Oct-17 22:50:06

The despicable Rees-Mogg?

paddyann Mon 02-Oct-17 20:26:54

I take it you have seen the report on the defender of the faith Reese MOGG ,who is against abortion in ALL cases ,Seems our Mr Mogg makes hard cash out of selling the morning after pill....hypocrite or just the tory way ?

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 20:09:30

Labour is taking out anti semetism ? That is what I said so no I did not misquote, to take it out it has to be there there

Think I am feeling the need again,

durhamjen Mon 02-Oct-17 19:51:08

But they did, Annie. They quoted accurately. You didn't.

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 19:45:32

Just proves these groups cannot be trusted to give the truth

durhamjen Mon 02-Oct-17 19:16:06

I've put quite a few links to Labour List on GN, but I've never thought they supported Corbyn, just their version of labour.

nightowl Mon 02-Oct-17 19:08:56

Sure they do Annie that’s why they state they are “the leading place for news, views and debate about the centre left.” I think they’re creating division with that opening statement alone.

Ilovecheese Mon 02-Oct-17 19:03:06

So are labour list the obsessive new Labour party supporters? Or who do you mean?

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 19:00:01

Did you? You were mistaken, they support the whole party

Ilovecheese Mon 02-Oct-17 18:44:05

I thought Labour list didn't particularly support Corbyn

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 18:20:09

well I didn't lie, so proof these obsessive new Labour Party supporters cannot be trusted.

Ilovecheese Mon 02-Oct-17 18:00:08

I have just watched the Andrew Marr interview with Jon Lansman on i player. the words that Trisher has written are exactly what he said.

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 17:39:47

labourlist.org/2017/10/momentum-chief-labour-must-drive-out-the-anti-semites/

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 17:06:11

Not reliable? All that praise for Corbyn is unreliable , the claims of council seats won by labour are unreliable ? Just can't trust these days

trisher Mon 02-Oct-17 16:31:50

Thanks nightowl that explains a lot. Of course Anniemay post something that will explain her claims, but I won't hold my breath.

nightowl Mon 02-Oct-17 16:28:34

“LabourList is the leading place for news, views and debate about the centre left.”

So LabourList is not the Labour Party then. It’s an organisation linked to a party but independent of it. A bit like Momentum. And just as biased as Momentum is likely to be, but in a different way.

Not really reliable then, in terms of reporting news.

trisher Mon 02-Oct-17 16:13:13

Perhaps you should quote exactly what they said Annie so that we can draw our own interpretation from it. I see you have put the words "flocking to Labour" in quotation marks, so that must be a quote. my interpretation of his words is the condemnation of all forms of discrimination in society. If they are saying something else could we be allowed to read it?

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 15:40:43

No choice for me, I am surprised no other Party member receives the daily email.

So if they lied or misquoted we can assume their claim in the same mail, the young were "flocking to Labour ' was either a lie or they are mistaken

trisher Mon 02-Oct-17 15:32:20

I don't know do they? His words are actually there. He didn't say what you said so either they were mistaken he was misquoted or they or you lied. You pays yer money and yer makes yer choice.

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 15:17:50

I just quoted what the the daily Labour List mail said , do they lie?

trisher Mon 02-Oct-17 15:02:40

He didn't speak out about anti-semitism in the Labour Party but about anti-semitism in society
"Anti-Semitism is a problem throughout society, it would be extremely surprising if it wasn’t also present in the Labour Party, alongside other forms of discrimination."

“Which is why I’m so pleased that the national executive of the Labour Party put (out) a statement which made very clear our absolute opposition to all forms of discrimination, anti-Semitism, Islamophobia, and so on.

“It is incredibly important to me as a Jew. I am very clearly against any form of anti-Semitism.”

jewishnews.timesofisrael.com/momentum-chief-jon-lansman-labour-is-tackling-anti-semitism/
Still why bother with the truth when you can make up your own stories?

Anniebach Mon 02-Oct-17 13:19:16

The chairman of momentum has again spoken out against anti semitism in the Labour Party. Seems baroness Shami earned her seat in the Lords !