Gransnet forums

News & politics

Nigel Farrage where is he now?

(134 Posts)
norose4 Sun 16-Jul-17 19:45:29

After stirring everyone up , Nigel Farrage seems to have feathered his nest , and now is nowhere to be seen or heard of but do any of you who were his supporters now feel let down by his cut & run behaviour?

Jalima1108 Thu 20-Jul-17 17:22:08

grin

rosesarered Thu 20-Jul-17 17:21:25

Oh.....you mean politically, haha.

rosesarered Thu 20-Jul-17 17:20:44

.....a menage a trois? grin

Jalima1108 Thu 20-Jul-17 17:16:53

so what about the ones in the centre .....?

rosesarered Thu 20-Jul-17 17:16:19

I think in France, affairs like that ( 15 year old and teacher) are looked upon more 'indulgently'.

Rigby46 Thu 20-Jul-17 17:15:17

However, the right wingers seem to honestly believe that it is only the left wingers with an agenda - thats what I find so confused

rosesarered Thu 20-Jul-17 17:15:05

grin

Elegran Thu 20-Jul-17 16:56:17

And thus twill ever be.

suzied Thu 20-Jul-17 16:54:30

Right wingers think that the left wingers are the ones with a slanted agenda and take every opportunity to criticise the government, Farage etc. Left wingers think the right wingers have a slanted agenda and take every opportunity to criticise, Corbyn, McDonnell etc. Right wingers think the left do it more and vice versa. Twas ever thus.

durhamjen Thu 20-Jul-17 16:34:01

Well said, Tegan.
Anyone would think that nobody on Gransnet ever criticised Corbyn, McDonnell or other Labour MPs.

norose4 Thu 20-Jul-17 12:40:49

Ohhps To not too

norose4 Thu 20-Jul-17 12:39:02

And F a r r a g e = feathers ones own nest whilst pretending not too ?

Tegan2 Thu 20-Jul-17 12:27:22

ninny; I'd like to point out that, yes, I am a Labour voter but have often come close to voting LibDem and had intended to at the election to thank them for their stance on brexit; however I then voted tactically because I was so afraid of this government having powers to make this country unrecognisable [something that still might happen if the great repeal bill goes through; so much for democracy, eh sad]. I am in no way to the left of the party and have a distrust of Corbyn, but greatly admire him for the way he stands by his ideals [to my knowledge he has always voted on the right side of every issue throughout his political career, something that can't be said of many politicians] and defends those that can't defend themselves. If I agree with things that the so called 'lefties' say it's because I do actually agree with them; I would also support anything that the Conservatives did if I felt it deserved my support; alas, I can't remember the last time that happened other than being pleased by some things offered by them at election time which were then withdrawn once they regained power. So it pains me to constantly see sneering remarks from people such as yourself who assume that people on the left of politics think themselves above people who vote differently. I also don't understand how people can vote remain one day and then quite happily say 'oh well, lets just move on shall we'. What is wrong with feeling so strongly about something that you want to keep fighting for that cause? EU sceptics did that for years, didn't they, and they would still be fighting to leave now had the vote not gone their way. The leave vote is likely to cause so many problems to people in Ireland and, yes, I do believe that many leave voters didn't give a thought about anyone else. On the subject of the Macrons, I believe she did discourage him but he was the one who was determined that they would one day be together because he recognised that they were soul mates. This in no way means that Trumps remarks about women are acceptable.

Elegran Thu 20-Jul-17 11:53:23

*Rigby has fallen into the logical fallacy of assuming that "X is as bad as Y" = "Y is not bad", instead of "X is as bad as Y" = "Y is bad and X is bad too".

Baggs Thu 20-Jul-17 11:45:29

I agree, elegran.

Baggs Thu 20-Jul-17 11:44:49

rigby, what made you come to the conclusion that what ninny said might be "taking away" anything from the fact of the inappropriateness of Trump's remark to BM? I think you might have read more into what she said than was there.

ninny Thu 20-Jul-17 11:37:41

No but most do have an agenda on GN you only have to read the political posts and its mostly the Labour supporters taking every opportunity to slag of the PM, Farage and Trump.

Elegran Thu 20-Jul-17 10:01:50

ninny suzied Those who are obsessed with their own "right" way of looking at everything (by which I mean "correct", not just politically "right") always have an agenda of emphasising it at all possible opportunities while condemning any mention of another view as an "agenda". They are also inclined to over-value their own contribution to the enlightenment of lesser mortals.

This is true in religous, moral, dietary, and educational matters, as well as in politics.

suzied Thu 20-Jul-17 09:32:29

As do most Tory and Ukip right wingers

ninny Thu 20-Jul-17 09:09:58

Perhaps not but most Labour lefties on GN do.

Elegran Thu 20-Jul-17 09:01:20

Everyone doesn't have to have an agenda, conscious or unconscious, for everything they say on every subject.

ninny Thu 20-Jul-17 08:56:04

I've no agenda just stating the facts as I see them.

Rigby46 Thu 20-Jul-17 07:36:27

You are quite right about what would have happened in the UK re their affair. However, I fail to see how that fact takes away from the utter inappropriateness of DT's remark - what a very poor argument to suit your own agenda.

ninny Thu 20-Jul-17 07:28:40

If Trump's a dirty old man, why isn't Brigitte a dirty old woman for grooming a 15 year old boy when she was his teacher and 40 years old, in the UK she would have been sacked and investigated by the police. Double standards by some when it suits their agenda I think.

suzied Thu 20-Jul-17 05:03:15

Don't know how it got round to being a discussion about Trump, apart from Farage toadying up to him in that gold lift when he kept banging on about being a common man and not one of the elite.