Gransnet forums

News & politics

Ian Brady

(12 Posts)
dihut Sun 15-Oct-17 18:14:22

Just what is the problem with what to do with his remains? He should be cremated without ceremony and his ashes then taken back to the prison and dug into the ground within the walls, that way he will never leave for all perpetuity, end of!!!

M0nica Sun 15-Oct-17 18:36:05

He should be cremated with out ceremony and his ashes scattered somewhere, anywhere (except Sadleworth Moor) and no announcement made about it. I do not understood why this didn't happen months ago. He died in May.

Who knows or cares how he has been disposed of (beyond not being scattered on Saddleworth Moor) ?

vampirequeen Sun 15-Oct-17 18:39:12

Cremate him and flush his remains down the sewer.

Nannacat Sun 15-Oct-17 18:40:15

His dead and gone thank god ! He should never be spoken about ever again ! Pure evil

Anniebach Sun 15-Oct-17 18:45:00

Just scattered his ashes and remain silent as to where , but someone will sell the story to the press

merlotgran Sun 15-Oct-17 19:00:18

Cremate him and scatter his ashes at sea then there's no need for any location to be kept secret.

Oldwoman70 Sun 15-Oct-17 19:55:56

I like vampirequeens suggestion.

Nannacat Sun 15-Oct-17 20:03:48

He would love people still talking about him . Save your time and energy don't mention scum bag anymore .switch to conversation about something nice .

Marelli Sun 15-Oct-17 22:40:35

With vampirequeen. End of.

Nelliemoser Sun 15-Oct-17 23:41:54

The delay in disposing of him has been down to legal challengies by Brady's solicitor. The solictor was probably acting correctly with regards to his duties to his client.

www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/oct/13/ian-bradys-body-must-be-disposed-of-with-no-ceremony-judge-rules

JessM Mon 16-Oct-17 20:22:34

Over zealous solicitor perhaps... I don't think funeral wishes are a significant legal aspect of wills - they are about the disposal of property aren't they, not what flaming music you want at your funeral.
Just shovel his ashes out of the incinerator and put them in the bin. They don't mean anything and should not. Ashes don't have to be "scattered" or put in an urn or anything. What happens to dog ashes if the owners don't want them back...

Baggs Mon 16-Oct-17 20:44:22

I was just thinking bins and landfill too. Dumped is entirely suitable.