Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump: My Button Is Bigger Than Your Button.

(71 Posts)
Day6 Wed 03-Jan-18 13:51:52

I cannot believe Trump. He ought to write the "How Not to Do Diplomacy" handbook.

Was he right to stand up to North Korea's equally barmy Kim Jong Un? Part of me admires his lack of tact in this instance. If we tiptoe around bullies it gives them power. Is Trump's confrontation so bad? It's a weird way for heads of state to behave, for sure.

Their playground 'bring it on' behaviour could result in Armegeddon. sad

news.sky.com/story/my-button-is-much-bigger-trump-threatens-north-korea-with-nuclear-war-11193800

whitewave Thu 04-Jan-18 09:41:35

Wonder what Trump got for laundering it?

gillybob Thu 04-Jan-18 10:32:13

Whatever you think of DT I can't compare him with that complete "nut job" that is KJU.

whitewave Thu 04-Jan-18 12:40:51

hmm

Iam64 Fri 05-Jan-18 08:57:41

Why can't Trump and KJU be compared? They are both despots, bullies, not very bright, boastful, narcissistic and both have a nuclear button, to name but a few similarities.
They could trigger armageddon if they are incapable of reigning themselves in.
What ever happened to diplomacy in the Trump Whitehouse? There isn't any. It's like a soap opera, with "you're fired/stupid/a liar" etc as a main theme, liberally sprinkled with boasting from the Potus.

whitewave Fri 05-Jan-18 09:03:56

Bet Wolffs book makes interesting reading. Apparently he had unparalleled access to the White house for quite a few months.

radicalnan Fri 05-Jan-18 10:27:09

Trump bashing again. I begin to think some of you ladies have the hots for him, he figures so large every day on GN.

Is he the worst in the world really? I find them all abhorrent but this persistent picking away at him is ridiculous.

Blair ought to be behind bars and if we spent as much effort on that, as we do criticising Trump, we may get some justice for the many people killed on his watch. Of course he is better looking than Trump and rather more 'smarmy', maybe that is what is really admired in politicians, good presentation??? That would account for the popularity of Obama.

If a group of men relentlessly abused a female politician for the size of her hands, hair style etc we would all think that wrong. Trump was elected by people in his country some of whom are pleased with him. We have our own problems to be dealing with.

If we subscribe to the sh*t storms in the media we abdicate critical thinking. He seems to be speaking to the Korean leader in language they both understand.

acanthus Fri 05-Jan-18 10:56:39

I agree with Fennel - to think that we all thought 'Dr Strangelove' was a fantasy......

I too think Chump will be impeached eventually - can't wait.

Milly Fri 05-Jan-18 12:00:37

I used to find his antics funny, but now I fear for the safety of the planet.

quizqueen Fri 05-Jan-18 12:01:28

Oh well, never mind, all you Labour lovers on here might get Jeremy for PM one day. He'll just look up into the sky and say, 'Oh dear, there one of those nasty bombs coming our way. Perhaps if I ask Mr Kimmy thingy over for tea and a sandwich at no. 10, he won't send another. Really, there's no need for any nastiness like that'

Rhinestone Fri 05-Jan-18 12:11:23

*The people did not elect T. The electoral college did and there’s a difference. I live in the states and despise the role model he is for the world and especially our youth. His arrogance and narcissism is counter productive to every value and belief most of us have been taught. He is ignorant of the political system and how it works. I may not have liked all our leaders but I respected them .
I have heard many interviews with T before he became the president. He talked disgustingly about women and cheated his employees of money. No one is perfect but his congress has spent more time the last year not working for the people . I resent that.

Catherine1954 Fri 05-Jan-18 12:37:49

My Grandson playing with my Trump Troll ???

pollyperkins Fri 05-Jan-18 13:52:04

Quiz queen that sounds a better approach than DT!

Diddy1 Fri 05-Jan-18 14:00:22

What a circus this is, or play school, two very powerful men acting like children, threatening world peace.
Is there no hope of Trump being de- throned in any way, I would pull the trigger myself,to stop this stupid bully of a man.

Skweek1 Fri 05-Jan-18 14:06:23

I couldn't agree more, Blubelle. My whole family bursts out laughing out loud at the idea of Trump's "button" being bigger, better and working better than Kim Young One's! Did I hear Kim Young One saying that he was going to represent his country as the only athlete competing? And whenever I hear about DT's hands, I tend to think "Small hands, small dxxx"!

durhamjen Fri 05-Jan-18 14:11:56

newsthump.com/2018/01/03/your-nuclear-button-just-looks-bigger-because-of-your-tiny-hands-trump-told/

Morgana Fri 05-Jan-18 14:37:40

Trump is only interested in getting even richer and in making himself look the big man. By ramping up all these political situations he improves the bottom line of the defence industry. Vile man.

Overthehills Fri 05-Jan-18 15:33:59

Hear hear Iam64 - good points well made.

Rosina Fri 05-Jan-18 16:55:35

Is all of this news really true? Although I hesitate to utter the words 'Blair' and 'Truth' in the same sentence, he was insisting yesterday that the item relating to his having told 'The Donald' that Britain had been spying on him during the election campaign was 'fake' and yet it was now half way round the globe, and quoted 'But this is politics today'.
Yesterday a psychiatrist (I think) said Trump is 'unravelling'. The Times this morning had this as front page news and carried a most unfortunate photo of Trump, looking as if he indeed was losing his reason, and asking where his straight jacket might be found; his face looked pink and puffy and the hair (!) appeared to have a floating life of its own. How much can we really believe? If this is all true I may well decide to become a hermit and hide away in the forest without any media.

NotTooOld Fri 05-Jan-18 17:19:23

Catherine - that's very sweet. (Your delightful grandson - not the troll!)

Vange Fri 05-Jan-18 17:41:43

I agree with radicalnan. I wish people could find a way of criticising without being so personal and as for the 'Trump Troll'....! We are all grandparents, for goodness sake. What sort of example are you giving to your grandchildren if you speak about people in this fashion? They will think it's ok to do that, which could well become verbal bullying.

gillybob Fri 05-Jan-18 17:50:20

Whatever you think of Trump ( and I am by no means a fan ) He became President as a result of a democratic election. The people of North Korea are only a short step away from robots. They have no idea what is going on in the “real world” never mind being free to elect a president/leader .

I do think Trump is a fool to taunt ( or try to make fun of) a monster such as KJU.

Sheilasue Fri 05-Jan-18 19:21:42

Idiot that’s all he is.

starlily106 Fri 05-Jan-18 23:08:22

Talking about the summer Olympics, I would hate to think what will happen to any North Koreans who fail to win a gold medal.

durhamjen Sat 06-Jan-18 00:30:45

That's just silly prejudice, starlily.

BlueBelle Sat 06-Jan-18 04:29:44

Gillybob you can never defend the indefensible If you truely believe that there was no wangling went on in the Us elections and that everything around Trump has been totally democratic then you’re on a different planet to me

Iam64 is completely right there is no difference between these two despots except once is fat pink with funny hair and the other is fat light brown with funny hair They are both power hungry psychopaths they are mirror images and a complete danger to this poor world
We are truely on the way out as a species and there’s not even any point in wondering who’s button will be discharged first they might as well say ‘on the count of three’ .........