Gransnet forums

News & politics

Another baby for Zara and Mike Tindall.

(39 Posts)
merlotgran Sat 06-Jan-18 14:35:15

With all the discussion about Meghan's white dressing gown coat and whether or not there will be a problem with homeless people on the streets of Windsor during the Royal Wedding, I was really pleased to read this heartening piece of news.

Their little girl, Mia, is delightful and lucky to lead a life largely out of the spotlight. Zara's miscarriage a year ago must have been heartbreaking as it is for any couple dealing with the loss of a much wanted baby.

I hope all goes well for them this time.

LadyGracie Sun 07-Jan-18 11:49:36

It is great news and I hope all goes well for them, little Mia is a darling, she seems to be a happy rough and tumble child.
I also love the way George and Charlotte are dressed.

paddyann Sun 07-Jan-18 11:55:43

something else to keep the plebs minds off what the government is up to ...TWO royal babies..never mind the millions living on the poverty line ..AND a wedding where money will be spent as if its going out of fashion ...while many struggle to HEAT and eat.Never mind all you royal ass kissers will be wetting yourselves with excitement ....thank goodness we're not entrenched in the middle ages in my part of the world .YES i KNOW thats offensive ..and yes I did mean it !

Nannylovesshopping Sun 07-Jan-18 11:59:37

Wow! Glad I don't live in your neck of the wood

Chewbacca Sun 07-Jan-18 12:00:18

Are you not happy about the royal wedding and the 2 new babies then paddyann?

merlotgran Sun 07-Jan-18 12:08:34

And jura wondered why this is in 'News and Politics?' grin

Chewbacca Sun 07-Jan-18 12:11:56

grin

Christinefrance Sun 07-Jan-18 12:30:43

You are entitled to your opinion paddyann but I take exception to being called an
'ass kisser '

jura2 Sun 07-Jan-18 13:19:47

Merlot, I don't have strong views either way - I am happy for those young people, the wedding and babies -

but personally don't get all excited about it and do think they are all a bit of a distraction - woudln't quite put it as strongly as paddyann though.

Same for other 'celebrities' btw.

merlotgran Sun 07-Jan-18 13:23:46

I wouldn't mind kissing an ass - I think they're cute in a hee-haw sort of way.

I'd draw the line at an arse though. grin

jura2 Sun 07-Jan-18 14:34:36

lol yes.

nanaK54 Sun 07-Jan-18 14:43:36

Well, yes I am a pleb (a commoner) but no, I'm not into 'ass kissing' grin

lemongrove Sun 07-Jan-18 14:50:41

Could the source of your anger paddyann be because the royals are English ( albeit with some German and Greek bloodline)? Would you prefer them to be Scots?
The Queen Mum loved Scotland and was a Bowes-Lyon does that not count? grin
I can’t get het up either way about marriages or new babies arriving in the royal family.

nigglynellie Sun 07-Jan-18 16:52:56

I think you'll find that he Royal Wedding is being paid for by the family and not out of the public purse. I know about security, but security for all heads of state and their families in ALL countries are paid for by the state, so no different to anywhere else. As for your other vulgar, unnecessary comments?!! Well, no comment!!! [shrug]