Gransnet forums

News & politics

Something rotten?

(130 Posts)
Eloethan Thu 08-Feb-18 09:48:55

A recent headline in the Independent:

"Secret Freemasons' lodges for politicians and journalists operating at Westminster:

"Lodges for MPs, peers, parliamentary staff and journalists said to be so covert most lobby reporters were unaware of their existence" www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/freemasons-lodges-operating-secretly-westminster-parliament-mps-lobby-journalists-david-staples-a8194411.html

I don't think this should be allowed. What do others think?

kittylester Fri 16-Feb-18 08:06:33

Not denying any of that dj - just saying it's the same, and much worse, all over the world.

And, why keep denigrating the country? Arent there any good points you (and everyone else who puts it down) could come up with?

durhamjen Fri 16-Feb-18 08:49:43

You did ask, though. Just responding to your question.
I don't denigrate the country. I denigrate people who take us for fools and defraud the country, not paying taxes where they are due.

Do you really like to think of this country as being at the top of the financial secrecy list? I don't.

durhamjen Fri 16-Feb-18 08:51:41

I agree with Eloethan; there should not be lodges that are secret in the houses of parliament.

jura2 Fri 16-Feb-18 09:36:12

So, totally irrespective of what happen at local Lodges and the Charity work they do.

Would anyone argue in favour of:

Secret Lodges in our own Parliament?

Major contracts for Councils and GVT given to FM without declaration?

Senior members of Police and Judiciary having huge influence on our security and justice system being undeclared.