Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump to visit Scotland after all

(7 Posts)
Caledonai14 Fri 04-May-18 23:24:46

Sometimes it feels like nobody listens to us.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-44011855

So now we will have to make the best of this. Peaceful, dignified protests only, hopefully. If at all.

paddyann Sat 05-May-18 00:20:14

Maybe the big march scheduled for tomorrow in Glasgow can have a re run see how Trump enjoys 25 or 30 thousand Scots marching towards him singing Iron Sky ...it would scare the bejesus out of him .No need to insult him just show we dont care about his opinions
Lets see if the All Under One Banner march get ANY coverage from the English broadcasting company..its highly unlikely ...but if Trump was the focus of it we would certainly see it on state run media

polyester57 Sat 05-May-18 04:32:52

A bit odd, paddyann. If "we" (you and me included) want to "show we don´t care about his opinions" why should we march and sing? I would just totally ignore the git. That would show him, if not a soul turned up anywhere. Donald Trump, who is he? Not worth my time of the day.

Jane10 Sat 05-May-18 07:36:20

Yup. Deny him the oxygen of publicity. Huge protest marches just tell him we think he's important!
However, an elderly friend has suggested an alternative - line the streets with crowds of people turned away from the road but with trousers down - moon him!!

Panache Sat 05-May-18 09:00:20

Line the streets,Sing your heart out,turn the other cheek and "moon" this man...........I still rather think nothing on earth will bring this man ....and his giant sized ego..........down to the ground.

What a humbug........hmm.........confused

rubysong Sat 05-May-18 19:27:39

He won't get much of a reception if he visits his Scottish golf course. They won't have forgotten his appalling treatment of the people who wouldn't sell to him.

SueDonim Sat 05-May-18 19:34:18

I've no wish to see him visit Scotland but if he does come, I'm hoping there will be a traditional Scottish black cloud overhead that dumps quantities of rain upon him - just him, no one else! Maybe he'll attract all the midgies, too. grin