Gransnet forums

News & politics

Teresa May ...dancing queen or chief clown?

(143 Posts)
paddyann Fri 31-Aug-18 15:38:25

What a total embarassment she must be to her party,all this "dancing",is she SO desperate to do a deal with these African leaders that she thinks behaving in a totally UN statesmanlike manner is the way to go? As if the UK isn't enough of a laughing stock worldwide already she's certainly ramping up the joke factor .

Anniebach Wed 12-Sep-18 20:35:59

varian, Theresa May, Corbyn or Cable !

Jalima1108 Wed 12-Sep-18 20:25:21

But, unfortunately, Tim was not the answer.

varian Wed 12-Sep-18 20:22:22

I would never criticise TM for her bad dancing, or for her clothes, or any other irrelevences.

What I do criticise her for is her hyppocracy and poor judgement. She should be judged by her deeds.

I felt sick when I heard her speech on entering Downing Street where she talked about the "just about manageings". It reminded me so much of Margaret Thatcher invoking the prayer of Saint Francis. She than went on to do things that would have made Saint Francis turn in his grave.

What has TM actually done for these people?.

I can hardly believe that when Cameron resigned and the Tories needed to find a new PM, I was actually rooting for Theresa May, but only on the basis that she could not possibly be as bad as Andrea Leadsome.

This country desperately needs electoral reform. FPTP means most voters have to chose between TM and JC - we need and deserve better than either of them.

Jalima1108 Mon 03-Sep-18 12:43:37

Sorry - we'll be

Jalima1108 Mon 03-Sep-18 12:43:13

Having agreed that we are all entitled to our own personal opinions, why the need to make inflammatory comments?
yet we durstn't make any comments even slightly untoward about Sturgeon or Salmond

Otherwise will be SHOUTED AT

Jalima1108 Mon 03-Sep-18 12:40:58

Trezza did a good old mum dance there
grin
and a mum dance is better than a dad dance!!

AcornFairy Mon 03-Sep-18 10:38:42

paddyann
Just what are you hoping to achieve with your bitter remarks? Having agreed that we are all entitled to our own personal opinions, why the need to make inflammatory comments?

Shizam Mon 03-Sep-18 01:36:25

Trezza did a good old mum dance there. We all should be proud.

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 20:04:09

Oh, I meant to copy and paste a bit more than that!!

I was answering Lucylastic who, by her name, can obviously do break dancing, flips, street dancing and everything!
but not all of us are so agile.

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 20:02:19

maybe the poster didn’t mean to be so unnecessarily unkind.
I've never seen a broken deckchair dancing so I have no point of reference, sorry.

Well done, Theresa, for entering into the spirit of it all!

Devorgilla Sun 02-Sep-18 19:44:38

But Bridgeit, we all had a good laugh at Boris dangling from a wire over the Thames because he was too vain to be weighed and weighted properly.

lemongrove Sun 02-Sep-18 19:28:28

Iam I loved that predictive text! grin
I can't stand Corbyn and am not a fan of La Sturgeon but to criticise either of them dancing along with children...really?!
Being a politician requires a lot of you, T May is not young and supple [which of us is?] but credit where it's due.

Iam64 Sun 02-Sep-18 18:49:57

Stoopied predictive text that altered itself as I pressed send. Maybe that’s what happened when the poster described TM as dancing like a broken deckchair, maybe the poster didn’t mean to be so unnecessarily unkind.

Kim19 Sun 02-Sep-18 18:47:47

I'm not a particular fan of the lady but I think she had a go spontaneously and I liked that. I've sometimes had the misfortune to see videos of myself having a 'good' time. Wowwee! Embarrassing would be minimalistic. I think she is having a particularly tough time with so many people lurking in the shadows waiting for B to be over before stabbing her in the back, front and anywhere else they can.

Iam64 Sun 02-Sep-18 18:47:42

What a. Fuel comment, O’Shea dances like a broken deckchairs. Cruel and unnecessary. Criticise her politics, her leadership of the country and her party, suggest she lacks the skills to do her job but honestly, what kind of comment is that!

Lucylastic Sun 02-Sep-18 18:43:49

I dance like Zizi Jeanmaire...

Bridgeit Sun 02-Sep-18 18:40:09

I certainly do nigglynellie, given the right tune stand back give me plenty of space.?‍♀️

nigglynellie Sun 02-Sep-18 18:33:33

and you dance like?!!!! Lucylastic!

Bridgeit Sun 02-Sep-18 18:24:51

Thank you Grannygravy13

GrannyGravy13 Sun 02-Sep-18 18:19:50

Bridgeit ????

Bridgeit Sun 02-Sep-18 18:13:26

Most human traits are required for a reason , not sure what Taking the Mickey is needed for, perhaps to make the mickey taker feel better about themselves:Requisite for future /potential female PM, be prepared to put yourself on the line out of politeness & be prepared to have the Sisterhood berate you for it.
Don’t think men would have reacted the same way to a male colleague , they would probably have said something along the lines of - well done mate, you deserve a pint -

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:19:02

I've heard that Alex Salmond has applied to Strictly for next season.

Jalima1108 Sun 02-Sep-18 10:18:29

I knew exactly how this would go ,its what I expected .The right wingers out in force to defend her."

Ha ha ha, the irony

read the Salmond thread POGS

Lucylastic Sun 02-Sep-18 10:05:36

She dances like a broken deckchair.

POGS Sun 02-Sep-18 09:58:00

paddyann

" I knew exactly how this would go ,its what I expected .The right wingers out in force to defend her."
----

This is my 2 nd post but I have to say we all knew how this thread would go and the irony of your comment is obvious but probably not to you.

If I had started a thread talking about Nicola Sturgeon and what she called herself her ' dad dancing ' you would have said what others have said about Theresa May.

The point is I wouldn't have started a thread about Nicola Sturgeons dancing because it would have been too b-----y childish and certainly would be done out of what , political partisanship, certainly not because I have an interest in an individuals dancing skills. I would expect however a mixed bag of opinions and if I didn't want or couldn't accept not everybody shared my thought then I would have been a fool.

If you can't accept a divergence of opinions don't even go there in the 1st place but if you do I suggest you don't further dig a hole and prove what your intentions were all along .