Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson's affairs.

(97 Posts)
Leah50 Fri 07-Sep-18 18:24:01

Having read that Bo Jo's wife has thrown him out again after his numerous affairs I just wondered how any woman could have a sexual relationship with him? Personally I can't imagine anyone less attractive, yet his several lovers have been beautiful & intelligent. DH asked me what financial incentive I would need to close my eyes & think of England....I've decided on £250,000, just enough to pay off our children's mortgages. What do other Grans think?

Anniebach Sat 08-Sep-18 08:19:22

Hope the second Mrs Johnson doesn’t allow the toad an easy divorce, gets a high settlement and names the tarts involved.

Greta8 Sat 08-Sep-18 09:22:23

Well, it's so ironic that he cheated on his first wife with Marina, who presumably was a willing participant at that time. So, when you get together in that way, its difficult for her to start taking the moral high ground. We will have to await events to see if his latest amour becomes the third Mrs Johnson.

oldbatty Sat 08-Sep-18 09:46:01

interesting that he has a go at Muslim women and their clothing whilst bedding younger women.

Anniebach Sat 08-Sep-18 09:53:05

Was she Greta? So she is no different to the women involved now

cathieb Sat 08-Sep-18 10:36:52

BJ is undoubtedly highly intelligent and he used to be amusing when on 'Have I got news for you?' etc, but he is on a massive ego trip and this make him do silly things. I saw on a TV chat show a while ago and when asked what he did to relax he said "recite the opening lines of the Iliad in ancient Greek" and then proceeded to do so...... he went on and on and on with a daft grin on his face, to the point where it was just boring and embarrassing and not impressive or charming at all I think he tries to be quirky and witty but he has lost his judgement of what is appropriate. I would be really terrified to have him as PM. He is dangerous, and I have been told he's completely ruthless in his dealings with colleagues and friends (and wives and mistresses too?) when it suits him. Ugh!

Jalima1108 Sat 08-Sep-18 10:38:57

I take it that you wouldn't go to bed with him even for £250,000 cathie grin

Jalima1108 Sat 08-Sep-18 10:40:57

I rather like quirky men, so I suppose that may appeal to some?
I heard it said years ago said that some men are able to 'laugh a woman into bed'

cathieb Sat 08-Sep-18 10:43:42

jalima1108 - I might take the money if it was very quick indeed and I could put his head in a padded jffybag....

Jalima1108 Sat 08-Sep-18 10:45:40

It's all relative - I'd rather do without the money .
However, I would accept £250,000 to sit and listen to The Iliad all night long - in a separate chair of course.

muffinthemoo Sat 08-Sep-18 10:51:15

I did Latin, no Greek.

It was book six of the Aeneid he discussed with me.

But marriage is a sacred institution, Virgil or no Virgil.

Anniebach Sat 08-Sep-18 10:58:10

You could close your eyes Cathieb ?

MissAdventure Sat 08-Sep-18 11:01:20

I could be laughed into bed, I think.
Not by Boris though.

Jalima1108 Sat 08-Sep-18 11:02:31

I could discuss Camilla with him muffin
The Virgil one, not the Duchess.
(although I am very rusty, would have to swot up a bit first)

cathieb Sat 08-Sep-18 11:10:14

seriously.... I don't want to stray too far down that route, even reciting classics shock .... I hate the way he's known as 'Boris' because it makes him seem like a chummy, naughty posh-boy Billy Bunter character rather than the egotistical assassin that many say he really is.

lemongrove Sat 08-Sep-18 14:51:46

serial philanderers are rarely good looking, so must have other hidden charms.
yes, BJ is certainly intelligent and well educated but that doesn't always equate to common sense as well, a pity, as those 3 things would make a great politician.

JessM Sat 08-Sep-18 17:15:02

An MP used to tell a tale about sitting next to BJ one day in the Chamber. Looked down and noticed that BJ's suit trousers were stapled together along the inside seam from one knee to the other. Apparently because his wife was fed up with his shenanegans and had locked him out. So he'd been unable to get change of clothing. This about 15 yrs ago. In terms of personality he appears to be totally self obsessed so would not imagine that he is either a considerate lover or a man who would be capable of having a grown-up relationship. He's also known for lying.

TwiceAsNice Sat 08-Sep-18 17:33:22

The papers are full of him today. Apparently his current wife was already pregnant with their first child before he was divorced from his first wife so although she has put up with a lot she wasn't so very different at the time. His eldest daughter was very uncomplimentary about him

TwiceAsNice Sat 08-Sep-18 17:34:35

I liked his dad in the documentary about the marigold hotel with the other celebrities

maddyone Sat 08-Sep-18 17:45:27

Oh cathieb, I couldn’t go into a bedroom with him, let alone anything else. I think he’s monstrously unattractive, and money of any amount wouldn’t induce me to sleep with him, or indeed with any man who I found unattractive. Anyway I’m married and like muffin I believe marriage is a sacred institution, or at least if one marries in church, and I did.
However, some women do find him attractive, and it must be acknowledged that he has great intelligence, charm, humour, and of course, the great aphrodisiac, power and fame. A heady mix for some women.
I still don’t like Theresa May however, although it must be acknowledged that whilst she is staid and boring, and appears to lack any personality at all, she does at least have strong morals.

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Sep-18 17:55:39

I don’t know if anyone can completely judge a person’s character by their public image, news videos or photos in newspapers. What do we know of a celebrity’s or politician’s true personality.

The face Boris puts on in public and for the media is probably completely different to the person he is to his friends.

Jalima1108 Sat 08-Sep-18 18:33:15

Do you think his wife had cut his trousers up JessM
(whilst he was wearing them shock grin)

MaizieD Sat 08-Sep-18 18:38:33

Doesn't the fact that Johnson is a confirmed liar and serial adulterer tell you anything about his character, Nfk?

oldbatty Sat 08-Sep-18 18:52:15

apparently not because he is still an awfully bright, entitled, rich person.

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Sep-18 19:49:53

I’m saying Maisie that there must be more to his character than we know of. The same as for other well known figures. He does have friends and has no trouble getting women (it seems) so there must be more to his character than we know. I gave up thinking I knew famous people from the image they give out a long time ago. Around the time Rolf Harris turned out to be someone I never dreamt he was.

maddyone Sat 08-Sep-18 23:27:33

Indeed NfkDumpling, we don't really know a person's character from what we see through the media. Jimmy Seville comes to mind. There are also many well known people who donate large amounts to various charities but we don't know who they are. Physically unappealing as Boris is, I imagine that he's a much more interesting person to listen to in a lecture, or to engage in conversation with, than my previous example, Theresa May.
But none of really know do we? So perhaps we shouldn't judge.
' Judge not, lest ye be judged.' Matthew 7.1