Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson's affairs.

(97 Posts)
Leah50 Fri 07-Sep-18 18:24:01

Having read that Bo Jo's wife has thrown him out again after his numerous affairs I just wondered how any woman could have a sexual relationship with him? Personally I can't imagine anyone less attractive, yet his several lovers have been beautiful & intelligent. DH asked me what financial incentive I would need to close my eyes & think of England....I've decided on £250,000, just enough to pay off our children's mortgages. What do other Grans think?

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 15:34:41

Because, as I have said we hear over and over about his intelligence, his language skills as if this makes up for his other traits. He is presented as Good Old Boris, man of the people, bumbling, a bit of a character, won't take no for an answer, make Britain great again. Its all a sham. His comments about Muslims are a disgrace as is the suicide bomber comment.

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 15:37:31

Suicide vest, sorry my error.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Sep-18 15:53:14

I don't think anyone is saying that makes up for his other traits.

I did say I wouldn't mind being paid £250,000 to listen to him spout Virgil all night though.

GillT57 Mon 10-Sep-18 16:09:14

Yes oldbatty I tire of the 'good old Boris' drivel pumped out by the tabloids, but I think even they are going off him a bit. Bloody hell, this country is truly in a mess when journalists are discussing this liar as potential party leader. What a choice we have eh? Boris? Jacob Rees-Mogg? Jeremy Corbyn? Good grief.

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 16:30:11

maybe " Good Old Nigel" come back?

lemongrove Mon 10-Sep-18 17:18:33

it's not the best line up for politics is it? shock

GillT57 Mon 10-Sep-18 17:28:13

I assume you are talking with your tongue stuck firmly in your cheek oldbatty? grin. Good old Nige couldn't even get himself elected as an MP in Thanet, one of the most staunchly Brexit constituencies in the South. He tried 6 or 7 times.
A truly depressing line up lemongrove, we can agree on that!

Iam64 Mon 10-Sep-18 19:15:13

annodomini, many thanks for correcting my memory of what Stanley Johnson claimed when he told us all how clever his son is. A 2.1 - humph whose impressed by a 2.1. Well, I am and wish I'd had half the opportunities given to Boris and his ilk.
Entitled group of posh boys with no idea at all about Real Life or the lives led by the majority they represent.

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 19:18:38

oh steady on there Iam 64....you cant say stuff like that without a severe spanking on here.

And there is no second helping of nursery pudding either to ease the pain.

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 19:37:03

Here we go folks, a little something to read from a previous thread

Interestingly Rachel Johnson has apologised for her brother, saying he didn't go far enough, as she would ban the wearing of the burka here.

Oldbatty you didn’t actually answer my question.If you are a Muslim and prefer to cover up when you go outside and therefore are annoyed with posts on here, why not just say so?

You're quite unpleasant aren't you oldbatty?

know someone who moved their child from a nursery where there were too many staff in burkas. She felt that the child was missing out on important human communication.

It's scary AND demeaning. I took the bull by horns today when I saw a lady in one, looked her in the eyes and said pleasantly "you would be SO pretty if you stopped wearing that." I'm going to continue every time I see one, not insulting them but encouraging them out of it. No, I'm sure it won't have slightest effect but I have to say what I think!!!

I agree with Boris's comments, we are far to PC in this country. Most grassroot Conservatives agree with him also.

Boris said what many of us already think.

I have heard that the US servicemen call them MBO’s. Moving ,black objects.

Jane10 Mon 10-Sep-18 19:43:36

Boris? Attractive? Certainly he's very intelligent. My suspicion is that he could probably laugh ladies into bed. However, I reckon he's too busy plotting right now to have sex on his mind.
His poor children! Just going to school must be awful for them.

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 19:56:06

ah back to the very intelligent thing.

Iam64 Mon 10-Sep-18 20:04:12

I remember that post oldbatty but not who posted it.
I'm at a loss, why did you repost it?

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 20:07:24

I reposted some of those comments because they were absolutely horrible and offensive.

Now good old Boris has hit the headlines, it is good to be reminded of his fans.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Sep-18 20:09:03

oldbatty I wish you'd used ^^ around your quotes in that post. I got very confused and thought you were talking to yourself.

It comes from not having a First, you know wink

Iam64 Mon 10-Sep-18 20:16:46

Jalima1108 - thanks for the not having a First comment, it proper made me smile.
You're right oldbatty, it's important that we remember just how unpleasant Boris is. I'm not sure reminding us of those comments helped though - no offence intended to you.

I wonder if we all took to calling him Johnson, whether some of his 'power' would diminish. How many other politicians are referred to consistently by their first name? I suppose Theresa and Jeremy are fairly easily identified but there is something about "Boris" that diminishes the reality of the bullying man.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Sep-18 20:20:52

I don't know. I wonder if us calling him by his first name makes him seem more friendly and 'matey' somehow.

Perhaps we should refer to him as Johnson.
And why do I feel uncomfortable, in this day and age, about referring to a woman by her surname?

PECS Mon 10-Sep-18 20:32:25

Politically Johnson is no laughing matter. He is a scheming and power hungry person who is known to have friends/acquaintances on the far right. I fear he would make dangerous alliances to achieve power.

Iam64 Mon 10-Sep-18 21:25:07

Yes he is and yes he does PECS. I believe giving him a greater sense of his own importance by using only his first name is inflating his ego even further

varian Wed 12-Sep-18 19:51:50

I still find it puzzling that the grass roots Tories (average age 72), referred to as the "blue rinse brigade", often extolled for their belief in "family values", could ever support an adulterous philanderer and proven liar.

But then, I also find it puzzling that the "born again" Christians in the USA appear to ignore all the evidence that the President who they voted for is a mysoginistic, narcissitic, racist bigot with absolutely no understanding of the true meaning of American values, who lies all the time and appears to have no understanding of the difference between fact and fiction.

sodapop Wed 12-Sep-18 21:48:59

It's his Johnson which got him into this marital tangle Jalima