Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson's affairs.

(97 Posts)
Leah50 Fri 07-Sep-18 18:24:01

Having read that Bo Jo's wife has thrown him out again after his numerous affairs I just wondered how any woman could have a sexual relationship with him? Personally I can't imagine anyone less attractive, yet his several lovers have been beautiful & intelligent. DH asked me what financial incentive I would need to close my eyes & think of England....I've decided on £250,000, just enough to pay off our children's mortgages. What do other Grans think?

paddyann Mon 10-Sep-18 11:07:36

Varian this is from the court case note the words BLATANT LIE!!

The Liberal Democrat MP only avoided defeat in the case last December because the court could not be certain that his “blatant lie” about the affair in a Channel 4 interview meant he had committed an illegal practice beyond reasonable doubt.

The judges said that since they ruled against him on two of the three lesser counts in the case, taken out under the Representation of the People Act 1983, both sides were equally liable to carry their own costs.

Jalima1108 Mon 10-Sep-18 10:40:02

Watching him at the cricket yesterday would surely be enough to put any would-be lover off.

JessM Mon 10-Sep-18 10:37:55

He's deliberately courting publicity with "shock jock" tactics. He is being advised by Bannon, who advised Trump. You know the guy who got elected even after his disgusting conversation about "grabbing pussy" was made public.

annodomini Mon 10-Sep-18 09:55:32

Iam - according to Wiki, Boris (aka Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson) graduated with a 2:1 but was upset that he didn't get a first.
Aw.... Diddums!

Iam64 Mon 10-Sep-18 09:46:18

old batty -we have the evidence of Stanley Johnson, father of Boris. Stanley told the world that Boris is very clever, got a first in Classics don't you know.

MaizieD Mon 10-Sep-18 09:30:22

Well, there's this post earlier on the thread, oldbatty:

muffinthemoo Fri 07-Sep-18 22:18:47

oldbatty Mon 10-Sep-18 09:24:24

Why the hell do people keep going on about Boris and his intelligence? What evidence do we have for this?

PECS Sun 09-Sep-18 23:07:45

I do not like arrogant men..no matter how educated/intelligent etc. and Johnson appears quite arrogant to me..in a "I can do anything and get away with it" kind of way.
It is obvious some women obviously find him attractive. ICBA to wonder why!

Iam64 Sun 09-Sep-18 22:27:19

I could not sleep with/have sex with anyone for money.
Boris is a self promoting, self admiring, attention seeking show off. He is academically but not emotionally intelligent. He’s a liar who can’t be trusted, as his political and personal life demonstrAtes.
I hope his actions and statements in and since the Leave campaine ensured
He will never become leader of the Conservative pArty. Sarah Wooleston said in interview today she would have to consider whether she could stay in a party led by Boris

Anniebach Sun 09-Sep-18 22:01:04

When it comes to womanising surely no one can beat Alan Clarke yet he kept his seat for about 18 years , and his wife stuck with him, even defended him , I just checked and they were married 40 years , untill his death

Atqui Sun 09-Sep-18 20:36:55

Going back to the original question from Leah, I'm not sure that I could sleep with anyone for money unless I found him attractive. Boris has an attractive voice and is clever but he is overweight ( like a lot of us I suspect) but I wonder how many husbands or partners of G.netters who find BJ unattractive , are fit and svelte like George Clooney
As to the fit to lead aspect , I don't think being monogamous necessarily makes a good leader .There must have been many a good politician in the past who has been less than trustworthy in his personal life.

varian Sun 09-Sep-18 20:27:43

Alistair Carmicheal was vindicated by the Scottish court who acknowledged that he told the truth when he said he believed the account of NS 's remark that she wanted Cameron rather than Milliband for PM. The Shetland folk, knowing him well, continue to support him.

The SNP still think their huge financial resources should be used to discredit him, but the Shetland folk know better.

paddyann Sun 09-Sep-18 20:17:00

Ask the good people of Shetland that varian they voted Carmichael back in after he was proven to be a liar in a Scottish court.Beggars belief doesn't it

varian Sun 09-Sep-18 20:00:08

He is a proven liar. He was sacked from his job as a journalist for making up false stories in an attempt to damage the public perception of the EU.

He was then, as a Tory MP, sacked by his party leader for lying about an adulterous affair.

He lied big time when he backed the lie on the bus.

Why do otherwise decent people ever contemplate voting for a liar?

GillT57 Sun 09-Sep-18 19:52:40

Boris obviously believes that there is only one thing worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about. (Oscar Wilde I think). He is a liar and a cheat but I do not underestimate his intelligence and ambition.

varian Sun 09-Sep-18 19:47:53

"For Boris to say that the PM’s view is like that of a suicide bomber is too much. This marks one of the most disgusting moments in modern British politics. I’m sorry, but this is the political end of Boris Johnson. If it isn’t now, I will make sure it is later."

twitter.com/AlanDuncanMP?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

varian Sun 09-Sep-18 19:45:39

Tories in civil war after Boris Johnson Brexit 'suicide vest' remarks

www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/sep/09/boris-johnson-calls-theresa-may-chequers-brexit-plan-suicide-vest

Anniebach Sun 09-Sep-18 19:41:58

Paddyann, if a woman knows a man is married and she chooses to engage in an affair she is both stupid and cruel .

A married man who has an affair is a liar and cruel .

Adultery is something I am unable to excuse

varian Sun 09-Sep-18 19:33:42

Apparently the current Mrs Bojo carried on with him when he was married to the previous Mrs Bojo, so what does she expect?

maddyone Sat 08-Sep-18 23:58:50

Your mum was very wise paddy.

paddyann Sat 08-Sep-18 23:38:58

I think Boris is more to blame than "the tarts" he slept with Annie,he's the one who is married .My late mother always said dont sleep with a married man if he can do that to his wife he can do it to you too.
At the time I was 17 and seeing a 21 year old who was engaged so mum was warning me off.It did ,I stopped seeing him.He was, as it happens, unfaithful many times in his life and I had a lucky escape .Maybe someone should have explained that theory to the current Mrs Bo Jo

maddyone Sat 08-Sep-18 23:27:33

Indeed NfkDumpling, we don't really know a person's character from what we see through the media. Jimmy Seville comes to mind. There are also many well known people who donate large amounts to various charities but we don't know who they are. Physically unappealing as Boris is, I imagine that he's a much more interesting person to listen to in a lecture, or to engage in conversation with, than my previous example, Theresa May.
But none of really know do we? So perhaps we shouldn't judge.
' Judge not, lest ye be judged.' Matthew 7.1

NfkDumpling Sat 08-Sep-18 19:49:53

I’m saying Maisie that there must be more to his character than we know of. The same as for other well known figures. He does have friends and has no trouble getting women (it seems) so there must be more to his character than we know. I gave up thinking I knew famous people from the image they give out a long time ago. Around the time Rolf Harris turned out to be someone I never dreamt he was.

oldbatty Sat 08-Sep-18 18:52:15

apparently not because he is still an awfully bright, entitled, rich person.

MaizieD Sat 08-Sep-18 18:38:33

Doesn't the fact that Johnson is a confirmed liar and serial adulterer tell you anything about his character, Nfk?