Gransnet forums

News & politics

Boris Johnson's affairs.

(96 Posts)
maddyone Fri 07-Sep-18 23:36:06

Yes muffin, that’s very interesting indeed. I’m afraid I’m with the others in that no amount of money would entice me. However, I have read a bit about him, and though some would have us believe he’s none too bright, apparently from what I’ve read, he is extremely bright. I do find him entertaining and he appears seeminglyto be likeable, but that’s his public persona and none of us really know what he’s like at home (when he’s there and not philandering.) Many ladies appear to find him attractive, but power attracts some people. Also his buffoonery may attract, who knows.
Anyway, I prefer him to Theresa May!

Anniebach Fri 07-Sep-18 22:23:41

Most interesting muffin

muffinthemoo Fri 07-Sep-18 22:18:47

I have had the opportunity to meet him on a number of occasions through the years, including before he pursued political office and was still a media type.

I have to say, although we are not politically fellow travellers, in person he is extremely charming, educated and erudite. Very substantially more than his “bumbling buffoon” persona would hint at. That is all a handy PR invention on his part, although in recent times it has backfired occasionally. It gives him excellent public cover to advance some of his more daring political moves.

I can totally see how his sideline as a philanderer has been so fruitful over the years.

(No, even in my tender teenage years I was not that charmed, fear not for my virtue)

Charleygirl Fri 07-Sep-18 22:18:31

I am aware that he is intelligent but his buffoonery is stupid.

I am no hairdresser but I would quite like 5 minutes with a comb and a pair of scissors.

I agree, personal gain is his only motive and if I were younger I would consider emigrating if God forbid he ever became PM or even leader of the Conservatives. I could not trust him.

Anniebach Fri 07-Sep-18 21:54:53

There Is should only one affair known of re Corbyn, Boris has too many to recall.

oldbatty Fri 07-Sep-18 21:36:05

tell me more about his intelligence.

MissAdventure Fri 07-Sep-18 21:27:59

Well, physically he is the opposite of anything I would find attractive, but, I rather like quirky men, so I suppose that may appeal to some?
Maybe women want to mother him?

sodapop Fri 07-Sep-18 21:23:35

There is some truth in that Diana54 along with the power thing. Despite his buffoonery he is an intelligent man.
Some have said he is getting the scandal out of the way before his leadership bid.

Diana54 Fri 07-Sep-18 21:05:14

More likely because he is funny, makes them laugh, is outrageous. Make a girl laugh and you will never be short of company!

Jalima1108 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:33:53

X post Chewbacca! (power)

Jalima1108 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:33:24

Perhaps they want to tidy him up.

Jalima1108 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:32:53

I think that, for some, power is an aphrodisiac
(not for me, I should add!)

Chewbacca Fri 07-Sep-18 20:32:15

Silence? The thread only opened 2 hours ago! Give people a chance maryeliza!

Maybe it's BJ's bumbling demeanour that seems to have women who should know better falling at his feet. Or some women are attracted to men with power? Although having said that, I suspect that BJ won't be in a position of power for much longer so maybe his magnetism will dissipate.

Jalima1108 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:30:15

not for £250,000!

I prefer his Dad anyway.

maryeliza54 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:26:21

Well well when - some Corbyn haters had plenty to say about his marital history and he wasn’t a serial adulterer. I do do wonder at this deafening silence.

Diana54 Fri 07-Sep-18 20:00:38

For what it's worth I think he is a rat, but some women fall for rats, even seek them out, they deserve each other so no sympathy when they get dumped.

oldbatty Fri 07-Sep-18 19:15:13

Boris Johnson's Latest 'Gaff'......just in case anybody missed it. Re reading it, its pretty awful.

varian Fri 07-Sep-18 18:57:03

He is about as repulsive as Donald Trump, but it seems if a man has a lot of money, there is no accounting for taste.

oldbatty Fri 07-Sep-18 18:55:01

When I mentioned my dislike of him and his horrible comments on the " Burqa" thread, it appeared I was a voice in the wilderness.

Luckygirl Fri 07-Sep-18 18:51:06

Yup- I made a similar comment on the other BJ thread.

What a deeply unattractive man he is in every way - physically, morally and personality-wise. It has to be the money - I would want a very great deal more than £250,000 to allow that lump of lard to make free with me! The thought just makes me gag.

I expect my "statespersons" to have some moral integrity - his behaviour in his personal life mirrors that in his political life - personal gain his only motive.

I was disgusted when TM put him in the cabinet.

Leah50 Fri 07-Sep-18 18:24:01

Having read that Bo Jo's wife has thrown him out again after his numerous affairs I just wondered how any woman could have a sexual relationship with him? Personally I can't imagine anyone less attractive, yet his several lovers have been beautiful & intelligent. DH asked me what financial incentive I would need to close my eyes & think of England....I've decided on £250,000, just enough to pay off our children's mortgages. What do other Grans think?