Gransnet forums

News & politics

The Hit List 2016

(255 Posts)
Anniebach Thu 13-Sep-18 20:20:02

Posting this for anyone who may wish to tick off names , easy to bring up if and when needed .

labourlist.org/2016/03/leaked-list-ranks-labour-mps-by-hostility-to-corbyn/

Baggs Mon 17-Sep-18 22:09:37

Thanks, annie. Doctors are human and when they make difficult decisions they are making human decisions. They aren't 'playing' at being anything, just being human beings who have to sometimes make very difficult decisions. I don't think the phrase "playing god" is a useful one, ever.

Anniebach Mon 17-Sep-18 22:21:09

Playing God is a term well used for years and when it is used about doctors it is used with much sympathy

Eloethan Mon 17-Sep-18 23:33:31

So you believe anniebach that a woman should be forced to continue with a pregnancy which she feels ill-equipped to deal with - whether it be mentally, physically, financially or emotionally, or a comination of all those things?

Some of the very people who are so concerned about the unborn child nevertheless are quite happy to support policies which perpetuate and increase poverty and distress to parents and their children. Their response to families in need is often of the "Well, you shouldn't have had a child you can't afford" variety.

trisher Tue 18-Sep-18 09:13:39

bmacca interesting idea and it reminded me of one Germaine Greer once had, only she advocated that all men should be given a vasectomy after donating sperm to a sperm bank. All pregnancies would then be planned pregnancies. Solving a lot of problems in one go!
So true Eleothan and I think some of that comes from the idea that suffering is your own fault and God's punishment for your wrongdoing or even your parent's wrongdoing.