News & politics

Draft dodging President refuses to honour 1800 US war dead

(29 Posts)
maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 14:31:11

Because it’s raining.

POGS Sun 11-Nov-18 10:21:06

Oops wrong thread .

POGS Sun 11-Nov-18 10:19:22

I will continue to use the word snowman and if others want to use the word snow person that's up to them because I wouldn't impose my view , I just wish that was reciprocated.

The point is we have a ' choice ' but as things are going our 'choice ' is being eroded time and time again and on some very trite occasions.

The reason why political correctness is used as a term is because of some of the the inane decisions and scenarios that causes so much angst to some are petty minded to others. The concern some hold and wanting to ensure the words ' man / woman ' are obliterated / not used as though they are some sort of derogatory / incorrect descriptions it is not my idea of a sensible way of proving a point .

No doubt the time will come when ' snow people ' will be challenged and we will have to call a snow people ' a character of non human form made out of snow ' because somebody will find it derogatory to associate a ' snow person ' as a human .

Jalima1108 Sat 10-Nov-18 23:09:59

grin

MawBroon Sat 10-Nov-18 23:07:26

travelling by road at such short notice would have been a security nightmare
Yes, someone could have kidnapped him

If only.....?

MawBroon Sat 10-Nov-18 23:06:09

No change there then.
???

Jalima1108 Sat 10-Nov-18 23:00:09

I heard that he and Macron had had a little tiff so perhaps he was sulking.

Bodes well for the future of the world with a POTUS like that.

PECS Sat 10-Nov-18 22:51:06

Miserable excuse for a human never mind a president. Do we call him a 'snowflake' or is he just a drip?

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 18:33:55

There was time to organise someone to go in his place. He would have seriously hated the wind and rain - his hair truly is very fragile. But the real issue is that it wouldn’t have all been about him and he can’t bear that. I did wonder if he might have been taken ill ........

MiniMoon Sat 10-Nov-18 18:18:07

Even at short notice, if the man had been determined, I'm sure that he could have got there in time.
He may be President, but he doesn't act very presidential.

gillybob Sat 10-Nov-18 18:11:28

I really have no idea how hi spec the helicopter is I just read that it was grounded due to bad weather .

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 18:07:07

And this

“French rain can cause havoc with your hair though David it happened to me once and I was rude and obnoxious for a long time afterwards #justquiffing”

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 18:03:52

As someone has just tweeted

“They may have laid down their lives so that others may be free but at least they were never called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice of going outside when it was raining a bit”.

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 17:53:45

You honestly think that a) a presidential helicopter with the high spec it would have couldn’t handle rain and b) they couldn’t handle the car journey? The fact that it would have been at short notice would actually have made it safer as no one would have had chance to plan anything.

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 17:50:16

www.cbc.ca/player/play/1029767235787

This is what a man looks like

kittylester Sat 10-Nov-18 17:44:17

Perish the thought jalima!

Jalima1108 Sat 10-Nov-18 17:38:49

travelling by road at such short notice would have been a security nightmare
Yes, someone could have kidnapped him.

gillybob Sat 10-Nov-18 17:35:45

To be fair to the POTUS the helicopter was grounded due to bad weather and travelling by road at such short notice would have been a security nightmare .

Jalima1108 Sat 10-Nov-18 17:29:50

There really are no depths that this ‘man’ can not sink to are there?

They were sinking and drowning in mud 100 years ago and he did not go because it was raining.

I am shaking my head in despair.

annodomini Sat 10-Nov-18 17:21:41

Whenever you think he can stoop no lower, he shows us he can. You can bet that if the weather had been fine, he would have found another excuse not to visit the American war cemetery,
President Obama came to Normandy in 2014 for the commemoration of the D-Day landings.

Anniebach Sat 10-Nov-18 17:00:57

I was about to say ‘unbelievable ‘ but it isn’t is it? He will feel no shame, he is a stranger to any feelings of shame , he has no respect for the living so can’t be expected to have respect for the dead .

His make up would have run

paddyann Sat 10-Nov-18 15:44:29

Beggars belief that people voted for this cretin .The boys and they will mostly have been BOYS not men who lie in that cemetary didn't get an option of fighting in the rain or on a dry day or at all .Trump should be ashamed of himself ...but he wont be ...it'll be fake news or some other silly excuse .

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 15:38:22

Yes ab the excuse was that the presidential helicopter wasn’t up to it. The cemetery is only an hour from Paris by road. Still the good news is that he gets some free time to tweet and watch some more TV. He’s sent some minions in his place mind, blesss him

Anniebach Sat 10-Nov-18 15:21:21

Good grief, did he refuse to honour the war dead because it was raining ?

maryeliza54 Sat 10-Nov-18 15:07:30

‘His’ hair? Or do you mean the artificial rug on his head - maybe the glue would dissolve in the rain. Meanwhile Justin Trudeau strides out at Vimy Ridge, wind blown and wet and without an umbrella

MissAdventure Sat 10-Nov-18 14:46:59

He probably didn't want to get his hair wet..