Gransnet forums

News & politics

Meghan

(106 Posts)
mrsmopp Sun 02-Dec-18 16:42:13

Well it's all over the papers now. Harry and Meghan are moving out of Kensington Palace. There seems to be a personality clash between Meghan and Kate. It must be hard for Willian and Harry who are very close, and it's sad this has happened so soon after the wedding. I hope they can resolve their differences.

Gonegirl Wed 06-Mar-19 12:54:15

Oh. This is an old thread!

Gonegirl Wed 06-Mar-19 12:53:22

The other two moved to their own place in the countryside for the first few years of their babies' lives. Frogmore will be their equivalent of Amner Hall.

ReadyMeals Wed 06-Mar-19 12:36:36

I don't suppose a falling out is the reason they're moving to Frogmore. Even the very best of friends might get fed up with the sight of each other living right next door! If anything, moving a few minutes away by car might help preserve a good relationship!

Stella14 Wed 05-Dec-18 13:48:35

Niggly and Annie, I agree. I remained at home with my children until the youngest was 4-years-old. At that point, their father was at home for a further year. It was just the “not every woman wants to be a Feminist” that was like a red rag to a bull. It would be helpful if GN would allow a post to be edited wouldn’t it?

merlotgran Tue 04-Dec-18 20:53:15

This isn't the one and only thread though is it, Pat1949

Why not start an important one of your own?

Anniebach Tue 04-Dec-18 20:38:51

I assume you haven’t read this tbread Pat1949. ?

Pat1949 Tue 04-Dec-18 20:06:38

Seems to me people love this type of gossip and the press know this. It sells papers. Just think how you would feel if every aspect of your life was made public. I hate gossip and most of it is exaggerated anyway. I would have thought there was more important things to talk about.

anniegold195 Tue 04-Dec-18 17:55:00

I do not believe a word the newspapers say about the Royal family. Harry and Megan are ripe pickings for headlines and always will be. Nobody has a clue about the royals. Event if Megan is captured with her expressions frowning they make up a convulated heaadline to sell their papers .
And while on this subject I have ceased reading newspapers because majority is fake. But I do buy couple times a week for crosswords. Everything else I can read online and do a bit of sifting on what possibly be true and what is fake.
I love the royals and would hate having the world watching every move i make. Then criticising...

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Dec-18 15:50:01

Thanks nigglynellie
I was reading not long ago about how his initiative saved HMS Wallace from a direct hit by the Germans as they were being bombarded; this in fact only came to light recently when the story was told by another veteran who was on board, so it is only through other people that we learned of this.

nigglynellie Tue 04-Dec-18 15:45:56

Exactly Jalima. Gabriella if you have to make venomous comments about Prince Phillip at least try and get your facts straight about his time in the Navy during WW2 . Try HMS Wallace where P.P was second in command aged just 21. It might open your eyes, but there again you're so prejudiced and vitriolic it might well not! Also best to bear in mind that nobody gets mentioned in dispatches for nothing no matter who you are as P.P did on another occasion.

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Dec-18 15:45:51

I think Guy Pelly got married before Harry eazybee - that usually calms them down!!
But not always, I agree.

eazybee Tue 04-Dec-18 15:43:04

I wouldn't be surprised if she is trying to distance Harry from some of his dire friends like Guy Pelly, a very bad influence indeed but one who has stuck like glue since school.

Anniebach Tue 04-Dec-18 15:20:13

The size of KP they wouldn’t be sharing a garden fence

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Dec-18 15:00:26

I think it would be very odd if two brothers and their wives continued to live next door to each other - surely most people don't do that?

Jalima1108 Tue 04-Dec-18 14:59:30

Try reading some of the stories of those who served with him GabriellaG
If you can be bothered.

If not, then best not to make comments like that.

Anniebach Tue 04-Dec-18 09:53:25

Possibly just they have nothing in common

newnanny Tue 04-Dec-18 09:43:04

Well, if the two SiL don't get on particularly well then living further away from each other instead of next door is very sensible. As William's children grow up I think Harry and Meghan will be sidelined more in any case.

GabriellaG Mon 03-Dec-18 23:45:52

I doubt Prince Philip ever dived in the sea to rescue anyone or put his own life on the line but may have barked an order or two to get a subordinate to lower a dinghy.

GabriellaG Mon 03-Dec-18 23:42:03

Jalima1108
A bit harsh ?
That's not even close to being mild.
I say what I think...without the frills.

Anja Mon 03-Dec-18 22:02:27

The press never let the truth get in the way of a good story!

Anniebach Mon 03-Dec-18 21:02:12

Didn’t trouble her on her wedding day and the worlds press were there

Bridgeit Mon 03-Dec-18 20:37:33

There’s a Huge difference between being in the limelight for acting to now knowing that the press are waiting with baited breath to recorded your every moment & movement, hoping that they are the first to get a criticisable misdemeanour to publicise.
I am sure she knows that the vulchers are flying low.

Anniebach Mon 03-Dec-18 20:28:58

But I am not troubling them , no one here is troubling them

granjan66 Mon 03-Dec-18 20:21:28

Just leave them alone to get on with their lives. The press is out to sell papers.

Anniebach Mon 03-Dec-18 20:19:54

Keeping the monarchy going but for different reasons ?