Gransnet forums

News & politics

"There will be NO renegotiation!" says Juncker for EU. Let us get out NOW!

(290 Posts)
Day6 Wed 12-Dec-18 14:05:39

So, the EU will tie us to them forever and tell us when we can leave, and which trade deals we broker with other countries are acceptable.

I really, really hope there is a well-developed plan B, because our dealing with the WTO has to be the best deal for the UK.

NO DEAL has to be the way forward.

I think we are seeing just how tied and powerless we will be if we allow Brussels to continue to pull our strings.

varian Sat 22-Dec-18 19:35:58

If you are ever in any doubt about how many people actually support TM's deal, do not believe what this government minister says. He just makes up numbers. You can be 100% certain that his claim is untrue.

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 18:32:32

? Cheers! ?

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 18:24:23

grin
Cheers wine

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 18:20:22

"Get you"! Jalima! ?
Sorry again!
Glass of wine sound good! ?

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 18:15:06

That's before I had a glass of wine

Oh dear.

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 18:13:30

All clear now I hope.
As 'Australian' wasn't mentioned I thought my family would be stateless, wandering the world
grin

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 18:08:31

Bizzare not Buzzard ?

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 18:07:42

I understand now Jalima, it was just that your original post wasn't clear why I you were either agreeing or disagreeing with.
As you were agreeing with me, that *Greta's" tick box post was buzzard, then I apologies for me rude comment.
I just hate comments being attributed to me which are not true, which Greta had done, hence my snippy post to you.
Some posters comments would
test a Saint.

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 18:00:24

I have no idea what you are talking about now.
You responded to Greta's hypothetical question which you called bizarre and I was responding to that too.

I apologise if my post was confusing
And no, I wasn't trying to be what you said at all

But at least it is better than being rude.

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 17:56:50

smart ar-e, of course!

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 17:53:22

Are you actually referring your last comments to me or Greta as your post was very confusing?
See what happens when you try to be a smart at-e!
Also, the American, Asian, European tick box thing, wasn't my hypothetical question either, it was Greta.
So wrong on both accounts Jalima!

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 17:47:12

Sorry, that was to Buffybee

I know there isn't buffybee, you know there isn't either; I was just answering the bizarre question posed by Greta which you also queried.

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 17:45:21

in answer to your bizzare question about how I would feel if I had to tick a box American, Asian or European.

There is no such thing as a tick box stating, American, Asian or European, so what you said does not make sense. Does it!
Well, there's a relief - your question was hypothetical then.

How is that going to leave you stateless Jalima?
I didn't say me - which is more proof that perhaps you don't read posts properly Greta

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 17:31:10

Oh dear God!
How is that going to leave you stateless Jalima?
There is no such thing as a tick box stating, American, Asian or European, so what you said does not make sense. Does it!

Jalima1108 Fri 21-Dec-18 17:00:02

your bizzare question about how I would feel if I had to tick a box American, Asian or European.

that would leave many of my family stateless …..

Buffybee Fri 21-Dec-18 16:57:40

Greta you're very good at misunderstanding other posts and twisting their meaning to suit own agenda.
As I posted yesterday, if you can bother reading posts properly, then you might make more sense.
As you can't seem to remember your own posts, my observation regarding Chinese or Pakistanis feeling insulted at being described as just Asian, was actually in answer to your bizzare question about how I would feel if I had to tick a box American, Asian or European.
I replied that there would never be a form to tick with just American, European or Asian on it and that I know for a fact that people from the diverse countries of Asia find it insulting to be described as just Asian.
If you can read my post properly, instead of quoting what is just in your own head. You will see that your comment, referring to Brits, which you attributed to me:
If one referred to them as <also> European this would be an insult.
Is not what I said.

Greta Fri 21-Dec-18 16:21:14

A poll in Sweden in May 2018 showed that 68% of Swedes think that belonging to EU is a positive thing for the country.

suzied Fri 21-Dec-18 15:46:14

In reference to the above- a recent poll in the Netherlands showed a lead of 34% for remaining in the EU. The only parties who wish for a referendum are the extremist parties.

suzied Fri 21-Dec-18 15:41:23

The Dutch PM isn't PM "in name only". Just like us, over 90% of legislation in the netherlands is home grown.Only a small % is from the EU. Most Dutch people realise the benefits of being EU members. I am not sure where people get this idea that people are envious of our parlous state.

POGS Fri 21-Dec-18 15:29:37

oldbatty

Why only Lemon ?

oldbatty Fri 21-Dec-18 15:17:33

Lemon has miraculous powers that enable her to speak for people of many countries.

Greta Fri 21-Dec-18 15:03:50

Well, it was Buffybee who wrote:^ ”...I know for a fact that Chinese or Pakistanis would not be happy being described as just Asian and would find it quite insulting”^. With that I understood she meant that that is also how the Brits feel. Of course people who live in Europe don't just say they are Europeans. They are British, French, Danish, etc. But they can also see themselves as Europeans. It's not either or.
I certainly feel European. Perhaps that is because I have lived and worked (not just travelled) in several European countries. I speak and write their languages. I feel connected to them because we share history, culture and language. This 'them' and 'us' attitude never leads to anything good.

lemongrove Fri 21-Dec-18 13:36:22

Greta....who on here has said that being European is an insult?That’s in your own mind only.
I am English, then British and lastly European.
The French see themselves as French before European, as do Italians, Greeks Germans and any other country within Europe.
We will still be part of Europe after we leave the EU, just as we were before we joined it.

lemongrove Fri 21-Dec-18 13:32:20

Humpty et al......there would be no disruption or economic damage if Parliament got behind Mrs May’s deal.
That includes all the Remainer MP’s as well as the more extreme Brexiters ( and more MP’s are Remainers.)

humptydumpty Fri 21-Dec-18 13:25:36

Greta be assured there are plenty of us on this forum who consider ourselves to be European as well as British, and face the prospect of being stripped of half our identity.