Gransnet forums

News & politics

This really cannot be true..

(7 Posts)
Rosina Tue 18-Dec-18 17:34:20

I can hardly believe that I have read in Giles Coren's column in the Times today that schools in Brighton are teaching children that men and boys can menstruate too so as not to offend transgender young people. Is this a Yuletide wind up? Has political correctness or whatever banner this subject might fly under gone so far that we are now going to lie to our children about basic human bodily functions in order 'not to offend?' PLEASE will somebody tell me that I have missed a big joke. I couldn't find it anywhere on the forums so perhaps I am humourless.

lemongrove Tue 18-Dec-18 17:38:13

Well, Giles Coren is funny ( although not quite as funny as Alan was.) However, often life proves stranger than fiction, so probably it’s the new politically correct nonsense.

Grannyknot Tue 18-Dec-18 17:39:39

Hi Rosina here's the other thread about it, you can tell from the title that others find it incredulous too. (It's bonkers).

www.gransnet.com/forums/news_and_politics/1255607-Is-it-April-1st

Buffybee Tue 18-Dec-18 17:41:02

Political Crapness!

lemongrove Tue 18-Dec-18 17:50:52

tchgrin Buffy

Day6 Tue 18-Dec-18 18:13:35

teaching children that men and boys can menstruate too so as not to offend transgender young people.

So it's ok to teach lies and confuse people?

It has to be a wind-up? Coren has to be laughing and making a salient point about the transgender issue. Mind you, Brighton is very liberal. grin

M0nica Tue 18-Dec-18 19:34:45

Surely some boys, not boys, as in some boys wear glasses (but the majority do not)