Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Angela Eagle reading Gransnet?

(6 Posts)
Nonnie Thu 10-Jan-19 17:20:49

She commented on the news about the difficulty for MPs who campaigned one way in the referendum. I have been saying they don't want another vote because they would have to campaign one way or another and are frightened to come out and commit. Not heard anyone else say that and no one on here has commented about what I said. I think she is watching us grin

M0nica Fri 11-Jan-19 07:05:18

Yes, I wonder about things like that. We could be a hidden 5th column in the politics. We know political researchers and PR people do follow (and try to influence) social media. Although whether we are truly representative of the attitudes and opinions of older people, I am not sure.

Nonnie Fri 11-Jan-19 11:34:22

I do hope so. I do think MPs are frightened of vote in case they pick the wrong side and damage their career.

POGS Fri 11-Jan-19 13:56:42

Well if she is I hope she has been for a while!

She would not have failed to have had her fears confirmed some Corbyn supporters believe in the likes of her and other MP's being deselected. as many posts and threads have shown.

Who remembers when the poor woman and her office staff were treated so badly? Some showed little sympathy and some even called it a lie!

Angela Eagle like many Labour MP's has suffered vile, disgusting threats from within her own party and again some showed little sympathy.

So if you are watching MS Eagle we'll done you for being the bigger person and carrying on in your role as an MP.

Anniebach Fri 11-Jan-19 16:16:17

When a brick was thrown through the window of her office building the Corbynite’s came up with the most pathetic excuses and also denials that it was her office.

Nonnie Sat 12-Jan-19 17:07:22

Yes, they are either reading this or bugging my home! Today I heard the suggestion that TM might have a solution up her sleeve which she hasn't told her cabinet about as there is no other explanation! I've been saying that for the last couple of weeks without anyone commenting. Now I feel like a trailblaser grin