Gransnet forums

News & politics

Good News about Brexit! ✅

(826 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:09:55

Hi everyone -

If you are at all politically minded and would like to share any GOOD NEWS about Brexit, or would just like to post some optimistic thoughts - this is the thread to love.
❤️

Most of us are weary of the gloom and doom on GN! Let’s share positive news and views. Its time to look for compromise, be kind and inclusive with one another if we can. Life’s too short to be scared or miserable!

Stop peeping. C’mon in! We’d love to hear from you.
x

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 19:07:20

Fortunately lemongrove, I’ve only had to attend one funeral in the uk since the referendum and he was my friend’s dad who died 2years ago at the age of 100 having received his telegram! He also voted remain (he’d served in Burma during WWII and wanted a united Europe although he didn’t trust the Germans).

lemongrove Fri 01-Nov-19 18:56:20

Pantglas yes, it always makes me laugh how somehow it’s only been Leavers who have popped their clogs in the last couple of years.?

MaizieD Fri 01-Nov-19 18:51:42

From comments on here I gather that many Leavers have absolutely no concept of how 'fair and free' elections work.

Pantglas2 Fri 01-Nov-19 18:49:36

I’ve been to four funerals here in Spain in the last twelve months and they’ve all been remainers - it would be interesting to see how many other gransnetters have been to and what the deceased would have voted.

crystaltipps Fri 01-Nov-19 18:45:02

You can’t pretend it was the “will of the whole country”, Tiny insignificant majority, many have died since( I know of several) , why should the rest of us suffer.

varian Fri 01-Nov-19 18:40:20

The fraudulent referendum was won by lies, cheating and foreign interference. It would have been annulled if it had been mandatory, but that did not happen because it was only advisory.

sharon103 Fri 01-Nov-19 16:06:53

I'm with you lemongrove.

lemongrove Fri 01-Nov-19 16:01:13

We are facing no deal because the eejits in Parliament on all sides refuse to accept a deal from the EU.

lemongrove Fri 01-Nov-19 15:59:40

No it wasn’t fraudulent.....that is trotted out so often by Remainers that they have all come to believe it!

jura2 Fri 01-Nov-19 15:45:19

lemon, because it was fraudulent-and that this is very important in a democracy. Because we were promised a great deal- and we are now facing No Deal, because - the list is endless. Tiresome in the extreme that people refuse to see that.

We need a Referendum on the current situation - the only democratic way forwards. So, no we will not stick to the resutls we had - for excellent reasons.

Labaik Fri 01-Nov-19 15:36:20

But we need to remember that it would be the easiest deal in history and that the NHS would be so much better off if we leave the EU...history can never be brushed aside and forgotten or lessons will never be learned....

lemongrove Fri 01-Nov-19 14:46:31

Will posters ever stop trying to re-run the referendum we had over three years ago, it’s tiresome in the extreme.

I really don’t think there will ever be another one, even amongst the MPs in Parliament they can’t get the numbers to endorse it.
So, let’s stick with the results of the one we had.

jura2 Fri 01-Nov-19 14:28:25

Was she spot on to hide the evidence she clearly discovered about Russian interference during the campaign?

Opal Fri 01-Nov-19 12:22:34

No humptydumpty the death of democracy is signalled by the failure of Parliament to deliver the result of the referendum. How can it be democratic to have another referendum when the result of the first has not been carried out? What are we supposed to do? Keep having referendums until you get the result you want? Spectacular nonsense.

And Isabel Oakeshott was spot on last night, as she always is.

Chestnut Fri 01-Nov-19 12:16:30

Only those who lost would say that vote was a single snapshot. In case you've forgotten, this is what we were told.....once in a generation decision, your chance to decide, this is your decision, the Government will implement what you decide. But because the result was not what you wanted you say it was not valid and we have to do it again.

humptydumpty Fri 01-Nov-19 11:44:11

No chestnut the death of democracy is signalled by the intention to continue Brexit without a second referendum - I don't understand why HoC are allowed to mave multiple votes on the issue yet the country has to abide by a single snapshot form 3 years ago (was that when democracy ended? - after all we shall have had more GEs than referenda)

Chestnut Fri 01-Nov-19 11:02:36

Now Varian speaks on behalf of 50 million UK citizens! This just gets more and more fantastical. I think remainers are intoxicated with the excitement of the lost Brexit deadline, when they should be mourning the death of democracy.

varian Fri 01-Nov-19 10:22:19

We are relieved that we have not thrown away our EU membership. Long may it continue.

varian Fri 01-Nov-19 10:20:40

Most of the 50 million UK residents who never voted for this brexit nonsense are hugely relieved that we have it thrown away the benefits of our EU membership.

grapefruitpip Fri 01-Nov-19 09:45:27

Gloating from anyone is very unpleasant.

jura2 Fri 01-Nov-19 09:40:23

mwah - as the lovely, wonderful, unbiased Isabel Oakeshott said on QT last night 'group hug'

Chestnut Fri 01-Nov-19 09:38:15

There are some fanatical remainer keyboard warriors on this site who post such nasty comments. Of course with another lost Brexit deadline they are gloating all over the boards. Most unpleasant people.

Urmstongran Fri 01-Nov-19 08:53:06

Gosh varian resurrection of an old post here!! You seem determined to make a point ....
?

varian Fri 01-Nov-19 08:41:50

It is 1st November 2019 and we are still in the European Union

Labaik Mon 28-Oct-19 15:01:58

leomongrove; isn't it good to look back on the progress that's been made on one of the easiest deals in history smile….