Gransnet forums

News & politics

Good News about Brexit! ✅

(825 Posts)
Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:09:55

Hi everyone -

If you are at all politically minded and would like to share any GOOD NEWS about Brexit, or would just like to post some optimistic thoughts - this is the thread to love.
❤️

Most of us are weary of the gloom and doom on GN! Let’s share positive news and views. Its time to look for compromise, be kind and inclusive with one another if we can. Life’s too short to be scared or miserable!

Stop peeping. C’mon in! We’d love to hear from you.
x

Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:34:45

p.s. This is the only Brexit thread I shall be posting on from now on.

I’d rather be optimistic than pessimistic!

Alima Sun 17-Mar-19 20:42:35

I am so glad you are back on your thread Urmstongran, you belong here! That is my positive news today, I shall try much harder tomorrow!

Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:54:52

Oh bless you Alima
Thank you so much. Take a recommend lady ??

Jane10 Sun 17-Mar-19 20:55:37

Yup compromise. Its the only way ahead.

Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 20:59:57

Go Jane10 you are so right! It’s the only way forward.

Take a recommend ??

GillS Sun 17-Mar-19 21:38:53

Kindness, compassion, compromise, decency and dignity. If we leave with all these intact we can start the healing process which our wonderful country so desperately needs.

Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 21:43:41

Absolutely GillS it’s high time we were positive and inclusive on here. There’s been far too much negativity and finger pointing. It’s surely time to move on!

Have a recommend ??

lemongrove Sun 17-Mar-19 21:43:48

Let’s hope the deal goes through soon, fingers crossed?
Could I have a wine in place of a recommend?

Urmstongran Sun 17-Mar-19 21:47:07

Hiya lemongrove !
I too hope the compromise of a deal succeeds. It’s time to move on isn’t it?

? instead of one of my recommends lady? You’re easy to please ha!

Here you go woman .... ?????
x

NanaandGrampy Mon 18-Mar-19 08:31:39

This totally gets my vote !!!

Cindersdad Mon 18-Mar-19 08:48:46

There is nothing good about Brexit. TM's deal is pointless as it involves paying in with no say. Boris Johnson's notion of of No Deal is far too damaging to the economy, without a good economy the country falls apart. I for one of many will cheer if Brexit is cancelled either by parliament or through a People's Vote.

Brexit is the product of Right Wing Populism which leads to extremism being thought acceptable. We've seen that extremism of any flavour is plain wrong.

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 09:02:12

Welcome on board N&G ??

Cindersdad don’t expect much debate on this thread from us Leavers. We like a quiet space to post GOOD NEWS (yep it comes along now & then you know!) about Brexit.

You do of course realise there are other Brexit threads available for the (repetitive) cut and thrust arguments?

PamelaJ1 Mon 18-Mar-19 10:01:32

Oh Cindersdad, what a shame you’ve spoilt it so quickly.
Never mind Urmstongran well done for trying ?.

RosieLeah Mon 18-Mar-19 10:05:50

Dignity, Gills? Too many politicians don't know the meaning of the word. What is dignified about the way we are allowing ourselves to be treated by the EU leaders?

trisher Mon 18-Mar-19 10:07:46

How can you spoil. something when it's just a figment of someone's imagination? There is nothing good about Brexit. It is divisive, liable to stir up problems in N. Ireland and upsets people from the EU who have lived and worked here for years. It is the acceptable face for some of the little Englander concept that has never done anyone any good.

quizqueen Mon 18-Mar-19 10:13:09

No deal is the preferred option for me as it means we'd be a free country from 30th March and our actual commitment to the EU for the 'divorce bill' has been calculated as being around the £8million mark, not the 39 the EU want. That would really upset them as they would lose one of their main cash cows.

The UK could use the difference in payment to support any businesses who were finding the import/export market a bit tricky at first. Alas, this government has ruined our chance for future success by very poor negotiating skills.

As a life long believer in the right to vote, I am likely to spoil my ballot sheet in the future because the main two parties, which have any hope of forming a government, have let us down, irreparably in my view.

crystaltipps Mon 18-Mar-19 10:18:30

Scraping the barrel for good news if all you can say is no one will be happy with TM s deal so at least it unites us. If you want a private handhold with similar minded folk you can go onto a UKIP site or similar.

Neti Mon 18-Mar-19 10:34:07

Did anyone else watch the Food Programme on Channel 4,Friday at 8?

There were lots of segments debunking the fear mongering about food shortages, border queues and reports from small businesses.

It right cheered me up.

EllanVannin Mon 18-Mar-19 10:38:22

Do you know what ? While politicians are still arguing about this trash there are people out there killing/murdering and shooting !! There has been another mass shooting in Utrecht Netherlands of all places.

To ALL politicians------forget about this nonsense and concentrate on the things that are going on around you !!

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 10:55:07

Maybe some of us are just happy right here crystaltipps

I wonder why this thread infuriates Remainers so much? They could swerve it and leave us to our positivity about Brexit.

?

GillS Mon 18-Mar-19 11:03:56

I agree RosieLeah, but I believe in the people of this country to overcome whatever the politicians throw at us and we can be dignified about it.

merlotgran Mon 18-Mar-19 11:04:31

My happy thought is that if No Deal is avoided I can start munching my way through the contents of my Brexit Cupboard.

Some tasty stuff in there! grin

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 11:17:07

Funnily enough merlotgran I was just thinking about that the other day! There was a young woman on tv with enough provisions put by to open her own mini-mart as she has transformed a spare bedroom into a stockroom piled high with tins and packets on loads of shelving!
??

Urmstongran Mon 18-Mar-19 13:59:56

Just thought I would leave this here.....

France’s EU minister names her cat 'Brexit' because “he meows loudly to be let out but just stands there when I open the door”.