Gransnet forums

News & politics

Bercow

(106 Posts)
maryeliza54 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:43:36

Poor OP too much time spent listening to big sis and reading the gutter press. I watched the actual clip and the BBC journalist hassling him in the street behaved appallingly. JB behaved with impeccable politeness. Later Norman Smith , the BBC deputy political editor, tweeted what a shining example of journalism his colleague had demonstrated which tells you everything you need to know about the BBC.

Anja Wed 20-Mar-19 07:37:34

‘He was confronted yesterday ,where he never answered a question of waiting reporters and public, by someone calling him traitor.’ [sic]

I should think not.

Anja Wed 20-Mar-19 07:35:39

Oops that was to the OP

Anja Wed 20-Mar-19 07:35:09

Rubbish!

maryeliza54 Wed 20-Mar-19 07:35:07

Bercow is the best Speaker this country has had for a long long time.He is bright, articulate,witty and principled. His ruling was absolutely right. OP you really are a sore loser aren’t you - are you AL’s mum or sister?

Cosmos Wed 20-Mar-19 07:29:53

He must be the most embarrassing awful person on the planet, but as a Speaker, he makes everything about him, he is not impartial. He has typical "little man syndrome" because he is so ineffectual, smirking and meddling like a errant schoolboy. This latest stunt just about sums him up, who dares about the country, the chaos, as long as his final parting shot stopped everyone in their tracks, he waited until the 12th hour. When I think how impartial and dignified Betty Bootgroyd was, how did this man, trailing his equally mixed up, loud mouthed wife, ever get elected. He was confronted yesterday,where he never answered a question of waiting reporters and public, by someone be calling him traitor. How true, he is working against the country not with it.