Gransnet forums

News & politics

Birmingham pub bombings verdict

(30 Posts)
Anniebach Fri 05-Apr-19 13:20:32

Jury decisions coming in

The victims were murdered

An IRA intelligence chap gave evidence -

Innocent people were not meant to be killed , there was a fault in the telephone which was used to warn the police .

Anniebach Sat 06-Apr-19 09:55:35

I am baffled why maryeliza called an IRA member a murdering bastard then got the huff because I said an MP
Called an IRA murderer a political prisoner

KatyK Sat 06-Apr-19 10:10:00

It's appalling that it's taken so long. It was a horrible time for this city. The Tavern in the Town was my sisters' favourite pub. They knew the Reilly brothers, who were killed. It was just luck that they decided not to go in that night. There was a horrible atmosphere here at the time, especially for Irish families like ours. The office I worked in overlooked the Tavern. The families have been campaigning for so long.

Anniebach Sat 06-Apr-19 10:42:14

Must have been KatyK the thought that one could be killed by a bomb just sitting in their local pub.

Not comparing the bombing with a disaster which affected me but I so understand the need for justice , it doesn’t go away

KatyK Sat 06-Apr-19 11:02:23

Oh yes I agree Annie and the disaster that affected your area was truly horrific and much worse than the bombing. How people can do these things is beyond comprehension.