Gransnet forums

News & politics

Whose in charge

(12 Posts)
Callistemon Thu 18-Apr-19 20:10:59

They're all on their Easter break.

However, our MP has been to a public meeting since he broke up for Easter.

As for Syria - I get a daily update on my FB page and no, it has not gone away and things are still diabolical there. Little children are still dying.

Mycatisahacker Thu 18-Apr-19 19:44:30

Lol I have just admired your grandson on the other thread he looks a lovely young man.

I have only ever been hysterical once in my life when we were told by police that dd may have been killed in an accident in France.

I think as I said on the climate thread you have to
Protest of course but you equally have to be fair and considered of other people.

I am sure your grandson could be a future leader as long as he learns protest and strongly held beliefs should not stamp on other people’s lives and jobs.

Usually the poorest of people as in this London protest. A leader needs empathy and humility as well as strong beliefs.

Gonegirl Thu 18-Apr-19 19:33:30

mycat nope. I was thinking of my grandson. A born leader.

The Syria thing is because you are inclined to over- dramatise. To the point almost of hysteria. grin

Mycatisahacker Thu 18-Apr-19 19:32:33

Perhaps she will come back and revoke article 50/leave no deal/ kick Bercow or pull yvette coopers hair.

Who knows any more grin

Mycatisahacker Thu 18-Apr-19 19:13:31

That woman should avoid walking holidays like the plague. grin

Oh well I think I might just block my village car park in protest of them all being useless.

That should work!!!

Urmstongran Thu 18-Apr-19 19:10:19

They are all on holiday for their two week break.

Mrs May is walking in Wales. Maybe she will have another epiphany.

(Last time she did she went back to Westminster and called a GE).

Mycatisahacker Thu 18-Apr-19 18:53:03

Gonegirl

Would that be the leader who told us all to ration their flying and was then it transpired the rich spoilt idiot travels extensively to ski on daddies money?

Or the part time freelance choir leader???

No thanks. You can have them to lead you if you want. My bar is higher!

As for going to Syria or Libya why? Are you saying we should be satisfied and grateful for the problems here just because other countries are diabolical.

How odd

blondenana Thu 18-Apr-19 18:40:27

I agree, and when the elections come up on the 2nd of May,i dont know who i could vote for, definitely wont be conservative, never have,never will, always been labour, but no faith in them either this time
I feel if Corbyn wasnt the leader they might do better,but apparently they are well in front of the conservatives at the moment
I couldnt stand David Cameron and thought he was the worst PM ever, even worse than MT

Gonegirl Thu 18-Apr-19 18:38:48

Where are the leaders? Perhaps they are on Westminster bridge or around Marble Arch. They sure as hell are not sitting at home watching the telly.

janeainsworth Thu 18-Apr-19 18:37:02

There’s a saying that people get the government they deserve.
I’m not quite sure what we’ve all done, or not done, to deserve the mess we’re in.
I also don’t think we’ve reached the point where things can only get better.

Gonegirl Thu 18-Apr-19 18:36:34

Go to Syria or Libya. Or any other country with real distress. When you come back you will know.

Mycatisahacker Thu 18-Apr-19 18:33:08

Does anyone else feel no one is actually in charge in the country?

Brexit mess, chaos In London, daily knife attacks, NHS creaking, I mean whose in charge.

Our politicians seem so inept. So weak and dithery Where are the leaders? At least with Thatcher and Blaire love them or loathe them you knew they were leaders.

It’s quite frightening it really is.