No deal here we go!

(68 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Fri 24-May-19 11:21:39

Are you prepared?

October 31st the date.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 18:17:37

Any more than remainers

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 18:16:41

I tiny know crystaltipps I am not arrogant enough to know why every leaver voted leave.

I am guessing though they are not all thick stupid racists and more than remainers are.

I have no idea I voted remain.

crystaltipps Fri 24-May-19 18:09:14

Do you really believe immigration wasn’t the key to the Leave vote? Of course it wasn’t about trade, we’ve never had better supply of food, drink etc. Why would we want to pay more for basic supplies? Just wanting a halt to immigration, isn’t the same as racism and nowhere do I say that. But if you believe there are no actual racists in the U.K. or who follow Farage, think again, have a look at some racist dialogue on certain twitter feeds. I could direct you to some but you wouldn’t want to read them.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 18:06:57

Maw

You are right there I even posted in Sainsbury’s. It’s far too addictive. I was simply answering your posts not having any go! wink

Nonnie

I am certainly not going over reasons to stay when I actually voted leave!!!

I just think we had the ref! Leave won, move on.

MawBroonsback Fri 24-May-19 18:01:17

It’s people like you and Maw that feel the need to re run the past, but not accept a democratic vote, move on and unite

Is this National Have a Go at Maw day, mycat etc
Do stop making things up, attributing opinions just to make your cheap point.
For someone who claimed to be too busy to check your spelling, you seem to have spent a heck of a lot of time on GN today

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 17:56:25

mycat Sorry but it was you who needed the explanation because you asked for it. I will ask if I don't understand and have several times asked for reasons to stay but you never give them. Seems like you don't have them but that is no surprise to me. Childish behaviour comes from childish minds. c'st la vie.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 17:30:22

Nonnie

Thankyou that made me laugh literally out loud.

Let me explain this to you now. People from all over the world come to live and work in the U.K.

They always have and they always will.

Just because we have more control over the skills from people who do come doesn’t mean they won’t come.

Do you think we are closing our borders because we are leaving a trade block.

Oh dear.

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 17:19:39

Sorry Mycat I thought it was self explanatory but let me explain in simple terms for you. EU immigration is going down. Some leavers were upset about how many people come to the UK from the EU.

Now to explain the implications. EU nationals have been paying more into the system than they have taken out. Therefore we are losing money for our public services when they leave.

Do let me know if you need any more help.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 17:11:57

So??

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 17:11:04

Ignoring the childish playground language.

Here is an interesting fact. EU immigration is at its lowest since 2013. BBC

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 17:01:03

Isn’t it lemongrove

crystaltipps

I really think your posts are thoughtful but your comment those who want no more foreigners

See it’s these comments this veiled accusing leavers as thick racists actually caused Brexit. Very sad.

lemongrove Fri 24-May-19 16:52:42

Mycat grin
Ever decreasing circles on here innit?

Nonnie Fri 24-May-19 16:46:34

Well said Maw & Blinko

Urmston the £ is not rising, I just checked it is at 1.27$, just 0.01 above the 1.26 it dropped to following the referendum before which it was 1.62. Facts are important.

So let's not worry about the experts, let's bury our heads in the sand and say it will be alright somehow. Let's promote Boris because the EU will cave in and give him his cake so he can eat it. Let's just sit there thinking we will all be dead and our GC will sort it out. Or we could look at the facts.

jura2 Fri 24-May-19 16:44:24

bingo12 - yes, Geneva is where the Headquarters of those definitely NOT elected bureaucrats who manage WTO.

Not doubt they would become violent- Farage himself said he would pick up a rifle and take to the streets. As for Robinson, EDL and BF- yes they are massively dangerous.

And then people talk about 'Democracy' ?!? What would be 'democratic' about Brexit Party, Ukip, BF and EDL dictating to the country with threats of extreme violence, death threats, rape threats ...

Urmstongran Fri 24-May-19 16:34:48

Oh crystaltipps we don’t care that it’ll take years to dot the ‘i’s’ and cross the ‘t’s’ because ..... drum roll here ..... we will have LEFT and negotiations can continue, deals will be struck, the CBI can stop moaning about ‘uncertainty for big business’ etc whilst the rest of us get on with our lives.

Yippee!
?

crystaltipps Fri 24-May-19 16:30:30

Those who think just leaving means no more foreigners, having loads more money for public services, everything being hunky dory and we can forget all about it, sorry you are deluded. You are in for years of tortuous negotiations and crises. Heard someone on the radio complaining about the EU making us have different plugs ( they haven’t), sorry but if that’s the level of argument of even 10% of leave voters it is deeply depressing. At the beginning we were promised we would all be loads better off, now all people say is it will be better than world war 2, the sky won’t fall in- fatuous arguments - No one has said the sky would fall in - has the sky fallen whilst we’ve been members? no, Is being in the EU better than WW2? - yes.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 16:16:56

Its like Groundhog Day! Isn’t it Urmstrongran

Oh it was illegal/oh project fear yaddy yaddy yaddy

You lot carry on if it makes you happy.

Most of us just want to move on.

And if you value the economy and business we need to sort this out ASAP.

Urmstongran Fri 24-May-19 16:06:25

Actually whoever becomes PM Leave on WTO it is now the default legal position if there is no agreement by 31st October.

All a future PM has to do is sit on his/her hands and let the clock run down, while all Remainer MPs run around panicking like headless chickens.

Urmstongran Fri 24-May-19 15:57:33

I am reminded of Bernard Cribbins singing 'Hole in the Ground'.
??

MaizieD Fri 24-May-19 15:54:19

The likes of Tommy Robinson would garner huge support

Goodness, that's an even worse reason than 'respecting' the result of a corrupt referendum.

Firstly, I doubt it

Secondly, we should not run the country in response to threats of violence

Thirdly, he and his followers would be breaking the law if they became violent. I notice that a few arrests calmed them down a bit when they were pretending to be gilets jaunes...

bingo12 Fri 24-May-19 15:46:04

jura2 - ''Geneva''??

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 15:43:16

It is indeed time.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 15:42:52

Of course you can oppose him.

But you have to honour the ref first or God help the country. The likes of Tommy Robinson would garner huge support.

Think what you are actually saying.

Urmstongran Fri 24-May-19 15:41:46

Well the pound is rising! Perhaps business are hoping for some certainty after today - one way or the other now.

It’s time.

Mycatisahacker Fri 24-May-19 15:41:09

janipat

It was I think the biggest turn out we have ever had!!!

What do you think will happen differently if we do it again?

Do you think I those non voters will suddenly galvanise to the polls?

We are all concerned about the future spare us the hand wringing.

But we are where we are and need to bloody well move on! Are you happy staying in this state of division? Another ref would solve nothing and create even more division.

Is that what you really want because I don’t