Gransnet forums

News & politics

Labour anti-semitism

(929 Posts)
Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 12:04:55

The equality and human rights commission have launched
an investigation

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 12:32:47

So, what I can see is one member being criticised by another for working with the Telegraph and the member who was criticised then leaving. There was no hint of antisemitism in that what you have flagged up. If I have missed it please tell me where it is. You are seeing it with a prejudiced eye Annie.

Oldwoman70 Wed 05-Jun-19 12:33:58

May I make an observation? It seems when Anniebach posts anything she is constantly asked to post links and proof and when she does so GGMK3 accuses her of being obsessed and that as a result even when she posts known truths she will not be believed. Yet a short time ago a poster (sorry I forget who) posted that the incident where a milk shake was thrown at a pensioner was faked, was asked for links as proof but refused to post any despite claiming to have proof.

Why are we asked to believe one person who refuses to post links but not believe another who does?

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 12:34:26

Denial

Iam64 Wed 05-Jun-19 13:03:55

Thanks oldwoman70.

GrannyGravy13 Wed 05-Jun-19 13:05:37

I do not posts links as I am a “technophobe”, it is easy with google or any other “search engine” for people to check if they so wish.

There appears to be some very angry posters on GN and at times their behaviour could be misconstrued as verging on bullying.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 13:21:30

Oldwoman please, if you can, show me where in Annie's YouTube clip, there's any antisemitism. It's not a lot to ask when it was put up as proof of that very thing. I do not like people lying to all an sundry. Mainly because it obscures the real truth, that there are people in this country who do suffer from the prejudice of others.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 13:28:25

That is not how it works GrannyGravy. You accuse someone then you produce evidence or people have no reason to believe what you say.

I now have visions of you accusing someone of murder and the telling the jury the need to produce the evidence to show that person is guilty.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 13:28:50

They not the.

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 13:59:12

The link I posted was of the morning when Corbyn and Baroness Shami met with the press to disclose the results of
Shami’s investigation into anti semetism in the Labour Party, why on earth would a momentum activist stand up and lie about Jewish MP who was in the same room and claim he saw someone from a newspaper who was publishing much sbout anti semetism making contact with that Jewish MP? You can hear many in the room objecting to
the accusations. Corbyn sat, listen and remained silent, after the meeting he was caught on camera,BBC and SKY warmly greeting the activist.

I state my opinions on Corbyn, he is a hypocrite, but when I post such things as Corbyn admitting the wall mural was anti semetic I provided a link.

When Corbyn attended the wreath laying ceremony but said he was there but didn’t know he was involved I posted
the link.

Hence I am constantly accused by Corbynites of being a closest Tory, of hating Corbyn - I am not capable of hating anyone, in my opinion he is a liar snd a hypocrite, I repeat this is my opinion , I hsve the same right to give my opinion of the man as those who praise him,

lemongrove Wed 05-Jun-19 15:19:29

I agree Oldwoman70
??
Carry on posting Annie smile

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 15:39:42

Thank you Oldwoman lemon

trueblue22 Wed 05-Jun-19 18:02:29

lemongrove so as I understand your comment, unintelligent people conflate anti-Semitism with anti-Israel?

I'm afraid your comment speaks for itself!

POGS Wed 05-Jun-19 18:07:58

GG MK3

"Right. I have never, in all the forums and groups I belong to, seen an instance of antisemitism. I don't mean I haven't seen reports of such things in various news sources. Neither do I mean I don't believe it is happening. I have just never seen it for myself. "
-----

So you state you have seen reports of antisemitism in various sources.

So you state you believe it is happening.

So you have never seen it for yourself in all the forums and groups you belong to.

If your point in challenging other posters su h As Anniebach and IAM is to ask them if they have ' first hand evidence' of antisemitism, keeping to Gransnet as that is the common denominator not any other forum, then I would hope the answer would be NO.

If any poster attempted on Gransnet to be antisemetic I think they would get short shrift and their post removed pretty damn quick by GNHQ.

POGS Wed 05-Jun-19 18:18:47

GG Mk 3

Your posts are very reflective of a poster who has taken posters to task when they provide evidence or relate well documented stories re antisemitism within the Labour Party.

Your posts are very reflective of a poster who considers any mention of antisemitism within the Labour Party as some sort of fake news, a vendetta, a conspiracy against Corbyn.

If as you say you are trying to ' gain knowledge' might I suggest you use the GN search engine to bring up the threads on Corbyn/Momentum/Antisemitism that have been provided by posters for years and have copious amount of factual based evidence from Labour MP's and Labour Councillors and Hansard debates on Antisemitism to hear from the Horses Mouth.

Loislovesstewie Wed 05-Jun-19 18:47:32

I haven't read the full thread, however I would like to point out that Celtic fans have displayed the Palestinian flag.To even it out Rangers have been known to display the flag of Israel. It gets very difficult for me as I am pro Israel but also favour Celtic. I also vote Labour and get very upset by anti semitism being displayed by other Labour supporters. From talking to quite a few people I think that there is a very childish, tribal partisan movement around at present. Many have no real knowledge of the history of the middle East, they have chosen to ' support ' the Palestinians , almost in the way they would choose a football team and the consequences of that are that they become very hostile to Israel and by extension anti Semitic. I also feel that anti Semitism has always bubbled away under the surface. The RC church for many centuries held all Jews to be responsible for the crucifixion of Jesus. I genuinely think that it will be a very long time before historical prejudice will go away or be forgotten.

Fennel Wed 05-Jun-19 18:56:46

Good post Lois.
"I also vote Labour and get very upset by anti semitism being displayed by other Labour supporters. "
Me too.
It's such a complex and emotional subject.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 19:14:55

Your last post Annie is an extensive interpretation of a short video clip which basically has a man saying that a women was in touch with a newspaper, various people shouting out and a women leaving the room.

That is no way that is evidence of anti-Semitism. No on mentions anyone's ethnicity or religion. Your explanation is not an expert one but is part of your on-going obsessive attacks on one of the people who happens to be in that room.

Iam64 Wed 05-Jun-19 19:24:10

Hello loislovesstewie and welcome to this thread, which has become somewhat grumpy.
I enjoyed your post very much and thank you for it.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 19:40:29

Today 18:47

Loislovesstewie What an extraordinary biased post. So your Support of Israel is okay but those who support the Palestinians against Israel's inhumane treatment are "very childish" and their support attributed to a "tribal, partisan movement".

Why on earth can we not want the best for both countries? They both have a right to exist - or are you suggesting one doesn't? They should also both be held to account against as international law or the countries signed up to those laws should be putting whatever pressure is required on them to change their behaviour.

Or is it that you are so "tribal" and "partisan", as you are prepared to describe others, that you hold one of the countries above the other?

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 19:47:49

Hello Lois welcome to this thread , your post was most interesting

Fennel Wed 05-Jun-19 19:51:29

To broaden the issue, here's a link from someone in the USA.
They have similar problems, but see the threat from the right rather than the left:
www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/4394443/jewish/Americas-White-Militant-Neo-Antisemitism.htm#utm_medium=email&utm_source=1_chabad.org_magazine_en&utm_campaign=en&utm_content=content

Grandad1943 Wed 05-Jun-19 20:03:44

It has to be faced that antisemitism, Islamophobia, Homophobia and General Racism surrounds us is in every aspect of our lives. I have given details of an incident on this forum where persistent Homophobic harassment acts carried out against a male forklift driver in a workplace resulted in catastrophic injuries being incurred by an innocent employee who was no part of those acts.

In the above, the forklift collided with the female employee, and it was found by the in-depth investigation into the cause of the incident, that the stress of being subject to those Homophobic harassment acts had caused the forklift driver not to be concentrating in the way that he should have been at the time of the accident.

The above is the reality what antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia and racism can mean in everyday life. It is not contained exclusively within any political party, company or any other organisation, but unfortunately resides as being widespread throughout our society.

In a workplace it can be outright dangerous; in other environments it can be embarrassing and insulting. However, in any situation, it can cause great stress and bringing an end to that should first priority to all who witness it.

Sadly in this forum, there are those who consistently wish to concentrate on racism and harassment in the Labour party and even in that often on one person in that party. Those forum members would wish in there posts to exclude all other environments and persons from that debate.

I believe that if those forum members really wish to see the ending of inequality and harassment in all its forms from their lives, then they must accept that it is a widespread issue that is found widely and make posts for debate in that manner. Those who constantly wish to place it as a single sole issue in a political party make it nothing else but hollow political point scoring, and in that debase all that they argue is an overriding important matter to them.

GracesGranMK3 Wed 05-Jun-19 20:09:31

Great post Grandad. I just hope some are listening.

Anniebach Wed 05-Jun-19 20:11:22

Title of thread. Labour Anti semetism

There is racism in all walks of life , this is a political tbread,
there has been no complaints of anti semetism in the Lib Party, SNP. Greens. Tory. Plaid Cymru.

Grany Wed 05-Jun-19 20:15:12

Well Said Grandad1943 There is anti semitism is widespread everywhere not exclusively in one party.