Gransnet forums

News & politics

Corbyn people’s vote

(99 Posts)
Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 14:17:29

So am I right in thinking Corbyn sacking of the man who almost embodies ‘the people’s vote’ means he isn’t going to support a ‘people’s vote’ at all.

It is he?

Or isn’t he?

Does he know himself?

Will Thornbury have to do the dirty on him and resign!

Will Starmer

Will anyone explain this to Dianne in picture form

Same bat shit time same bat shit channel
Tomorrow.

maryeliza54 Tue 28-May-19 18:53:00

It’s all about score settling isn’t it not who voted what.

Jabberwok Tue 28-May-19 19:14:46

I was criticising your fondness of the f word maryeliza54, not you personally! As I said, surely you are articulate enough not to have to resort to gutter language however angry you are?!

Ilovecheese Tue 28-May-19 19:21:21

Who in the Labour party threatened to kill Jess Philips?

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 19:29:10

A chap, forgotten his name, supported a candidate who was fighting for the same seat as Emily Benn, he was suspended for a month then forgiven , he is advisor to Corbyn

trisher Tue 28-May-19 19:32:54

Oh come on anybody who thinks there isn't enough history between AC and other people in the Labour Party to make him an obvious target for revenge is living in cloud cuckoo land. You can't expect to spend half your life bullying and abusing people and think it will never come back on you because it will. Do I think it was justified, probably not. Do I think it was inevitable, undoubtedly. Do I think he didn't know something might happen, I suspect he did. Never underestimate the things someone will do to keep themselves in the public eye. Not someone like AC anyway. (And I quite like him, I just don't believe he is an unknowing victim)

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 19:34:48

Oh I think he played right into their hands.

On purpose of course unlike the shadow front bench he really is a Wiley old fox

Fennel Tue 28-May-19 19:38:20

Do you think he wants to be the new leader of the LP? wink.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 19:39:44

Only those at the top could have expelled Alastair, can only think of two who were in the Blair government,

trisher Tue 28-May-19 19:41:32

Not necesarily leader Fennel but perhaps, once again, the power behind the leader

Grandad1943 Tue 28-May-19 19:54:32

I agree with all that Trisher has started. Alastair Campbell certainly made himself very unliked and of recent times very unwanted in the Labour party due to his high profile criticism of the present party/movement structure and policies.

However, I too believe that to expel him was unnecessary, and I Believed that only his Constituency party could carry out such action.

In that, no mention of his Constiuency party taking any action has been reported in statements I have seen.

Grandad1943 Tue 28-May-19 20:00:21

To add to my above post, Alastair Campbell is most definitely a yesterday's person as far as today's Labour Party is concerned.

I do not believe he would have seen himself as playing any leading role in the party under its present structure.

Jess Phillips yes, very much a today's person in the broader movement and Parliamentary party.

varian Tue 28-May-19 20:02:26

Charlie Faulkner has now said that he too voted LibDem.

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 20:06:27

I think we can all admire Jess Phillips

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 20:09:10

many loyal party members are now ‘yesterday’s people’,

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 20:16:39

Mmm do you think AC is expecting a flood of ‘I am spartacus’ to force labour to adopt a second ref?

boat Tue 28-May-19 20:18:24

Hey, I voted Green (tactically). How do I get in touch with the Labour Party nationally to tell them so that they can sack me?

lemongrove Tue 28-May-19 20:20:20

Extract from Corbyn’s diary......
Today Diane said in an interview that I would soon have a policy on Brexit! This was news to me, and I wondered when Seamus would text me and tell me what it is.
Meanwhile I will spend some time on my allotment, those lettuces won’t sow themselves.
John found me there an hour later and looked irritable (although he often does these days.)Look, he said, you need
to tweet something positive to the voters, and do it soon!
I had a ponder..... well, I told him, the new potatoes are almost ready, tomatoes planted and shed painted, will that do?

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 20:20:36

grin

Mycatisahacker Tue 28-May-19 20:32:31

lemongrove

That’s hilarious grin

lemongrove Tue 28-May-19 20:35:52

Thanks ?

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 20:39:47

Love it , thank you lemon

Fennel Tue 28-May-19 21:47:51

grin Sounds like something from Private Eye.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 22:01:29

Labour Party members who voted for s different party last week are putting their names on line. Will they all be expelled? They will have to be surely

M0nica Tue 28-May-19 22:33:12

Lemongrove Private Eye might welcome you. Do you remember the extracts they use to run from Dennis Thatcher's diary. I cannot remember offhand who wrote it.
I think jeremy Corbyn's diary could be equally funny.

Anniebach Tue 28-May-19 22:34:53

Dennis Thatcher’s diary was so funny