Gransnet forums

News & politics

Any Tory party members here who are voting for party leader?

(16 Posts)
GillT57 Sat 22-Jun-19 18:10:59

Same here lemon I have never felt 100% satisfied with everything that anyone party has to offer.

Grany Sat 22-Jun-19 16:59:13

Who would vote Tory

twitter.com/redsarah99/status/1142197767558877189?s=20

lemongrove Sat 22-Jun-19 16:53:20

Am not a member of any political party and never will be.

lemongrove Sat 22-Jun-19 16:52:31

suzie grin

GillT57 Sat 22-Jun-19 15:36:11

impartial&educated blimey you do ramble and rant. It is British with a capital B . I would hate to be having to make this decision about leadership, what a choice. One who is proud of having broken the Junior Doctors or one with no moral compass. Good luck!

suziewoozie Sat 22-Jun-19 14:26:56

I agree Day6 absolutely. I read somewhere that actually wanting to be PM should automatically rule you out as proof of being unfit to be PM. A sort of Catch 22.

Day6 Sat 22-Jun-19 14:18:41

Not a member of any political party and so glad I don't have to choose between the two men.

There are so few people in politics today that I admire. Integrity, honesty, knowledge, understanding, decency are characteristics needed but sorely missing on both sides of the house. Whoever leads the government will have his detractors. Goes with the job. I wouldn't want the post for all the tea in China.

Impartialandeducated Sat 22-Jun-19 14:12:46

Smileless has been able to make me smilefull if either of these words exist. Perhaps you could define traditional british values or is it the case that his british values conflict with your ideas of british values. Perhaps you are looking for a stiff upper lip lack of any sort of personality or maybe the Dunkirk spirit that refused to submit to the dictats of hostile European regimes...you need to clarify before referring to poorly defined qualities that do have kerb appeal as catch phrases but require definitionbif they are to mean anything

Smileless2012 Sat 22-Jun-19 13:46:08

None I should think, but if respecting traditional British values was considered to be an important requirement of a future PM, BJ wouldn't even had been in the running would he.

varian Sat 22-Jun-19 13:40:05

According to a recent survey of Conservative Party members, up to 77% of members think young people do not have enough respect for traditional British values,

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jun/21/more-than-half-of-tory-members-would-ruin-party-over-brexit

I wonder how many of them think that Boris Johnson respects traditional British values.

Smileless2012 Sat 22-Jun-19 13:32:08

I'm not able to vote but if I was there's no way I'd vote for BJ.

That said I do think it's convenient that his neighbours on hearing the argument not only called the police (OK of course if there was genuine concern) but also recorded it and I think I'm right in saying, alerted the mediahmm.

Blinko Sat 22-Jun-19 13:07:40

So Boris is apparently a most annoying person to live with...surprise!

GrandmaKT Sat 22-Jun-19 11:22:51

Ho ho, despite all his minders' best efforts it looks as if he's caused controversy again! Sounds like a storm in a teacup to me though, and if you were quite prepared to vote for him before the events of the past 48 hours, despite his past abysmal record, I wouldn't let this worry you!

glammanana Sat 22-Jun-19 11:18:54

He is not someone I would vote for after reading about Police being called to his latest girlfriends flat after an argument between them he doesn't have a good track record with regard to family morals they way he moves from partner to partner,but that is just my opinion.

EllanVannin Sat 22-Jun-19 11:07:33

I don't rate any of them and certainly wouldn't spend good money on any membership.

Boris Johnson is full of bluff and not a person who's genuinely interested in the public as a whole. I can see right through him.

sarahcyn Sat 22-Jun-19 10:11:13

I am a paid up member as of last year and I would like to know how other paid up members feel about the events of the past 48 hours.
Personally I’m totally disgusted. I’ve been disgusted by Boris Johnson’s alleged popularity for a long time now and I think it is completely hollow.