Gransnet forums

News & politics

Back to 60/Waspi Women

(78 Posts)
Day6 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:53:21

Rudd

Day6 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:52:57

It's right now that the most hard hit women are suffering. (Isn't it the 1953/54 birth years hit hardest?) They need help now. I fear Amber Russ is right.

One of my ex colleagues is STILL at work and suffers terribly with neurological pain, which is exacerbated by her job. She doesn't look at all well. She would have very little to live on and have to sell her small house otherwise as her personal pension payments were erratic due to a number of unfortunate family issues and illness. She will be 66 next year.

I fear this will run and run and when the hardest hit finally do get their state pension, the issue will quietly fade away. This is what the government hopes, I reckon. There will be no compensation. Some women in their 60s are living on a pittance - denied almost £50,000 in pension payments.

Nico97 Wed 17-Jul-19 17:22:18

I see Amber Rudd has announced that she's sceptical that the women affected by this would get any additional support. I wonder if she knows something ? Probably does !! Sorry I can't post the link but I understand it's been reported in a couple of the tabloids.