Gransnet forums

News & politics

So it's Boris

(528 Posts)
mallows Tue 23-Jul-19 12:31:03

I know we knew this would happen but it didn't stop my heart sinking when it was confirmed. It's not even about party politics. It's about him. The country is in such a terrible position and the thought of him being the one trying to solve all the problems is farcical at best and utterly depressing.

varian Sun 28-Jul-19 19:37:00

Let's go!

growstuff Sun 28-Jul-19 18:36:34

I think it's somebody on work experience experimenting with Artificial Intelligence (n this case, unintelligence)..

POGS Sun 28-Jul-19 18:28:39

"Do we have to have blatant political party propaganda?"
---

We have always had it!

Oh how I wish the links to political propaganda sites/tweets were banned by Gransnet too.

Each to his own.

varian Sun 28-Jul-19 18:25:42

"I have the understanding" - doesn't sound like Cummings who I think can speak English. Probably another worker in a Ukrainian fake news factory.

Lessismore Sun 28-Jul-19 18:23:58

touchpaper.

Lessismore Sun 28-Jul-19 18:23:36

How can it be nothing to do with the Conservatives when "Call me Dave" lit the blue, whistled a merry tune and disappeared?

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 18:06:01

That will kill GN faster than a n*cle*r b*mb

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 18:04:57

so, that is the future of things to come? Are you Cummings himself or just a sad rep?

pip1234 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:53:22

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

jura2 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:48:15

makes totaly sense still Grandad, thanks.

Grandad1943 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:45:11

My above post was made at the same time as Yorath0 latest post was being deleted. Therefore apologies to forum members if my post does not now make entire sense on reading now. confused

suzied Sun 28-Jul-19 17:44:35

The fascist propaganda has been deleted.

Greta Sun 28-Jul-19 17:42:01

Yorath0:
The Brexit Party more than a political party. It is about Brexit and that is a concept in the hearts and minds of millions of British people. The Brexit Party is more than a mere political party – it is a concept

I think the needle got stuck.

Grandad1943 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:39:44

It never ceases to amaze me that rabid brexiteers spout about democracy being respected then encourage people to support the Brexit party which has one person decide all it will carry out.

Support Fascist Farage and gain democracy. You could not make it up, could you? grin

suzied Sun 28-Jul-19 17:28:52

mother and guardian of Brexit omg this sounds like Mussolini.

suzied Sun 28-Jul-19 17:26:28

Do we have to have blatant political party propaganda?

Yorath0 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:25:11

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Elegran Sun 28-Jul-19 14:21:31

Playing fields usually contain teams of players, who work as a unit, plan tactics, hone their composite game, study the game plans of their opponents and combine to outflank and outplay them. They have a corporate strategy which gives them more power and influence than each individual could possibly exert on his own.

Elegran Sun 28-Jul-19 14:15:27

POGS I did say to ignore what you dislike about the man and "listen to what he says in this video" about what we are sailing blithely into at this moment.

We are about to be small fish in an ocean full of large piranhas. We'd do better in a shoal of EU countries than as solitary minnows. That is small as in size and all the national pride we can muster can't shrink the enormous size and economies of the three big players in the global power struggle that has been unfolding and will continue to get even fiercer.

We have been so long as one of the big important economies that it is hard to imagine life any other way, but it is not playing down our nation to remove the blinkers and see the playing field clearly.

Grandad1943 Sun 28-Jul-19 14:02:49

Oh, this crisis is nothing to do with the Tory Party whatsoever. grin

Excuses.....Excuses......Excuses, as usual from the right wing on the forum.

POGS Sun 28-Jul-19 13:56:34

Elegran

If Tony Blair /Gordon Brown had not signed us up to the ruddy Lisbon Treaty without a Referendum as they promised the EU Refendum in 2016 might never have taken place.

If the view of the people had been saught from John Major / Maastericht onwards then the EU Referendum in 2016 might never have taken place.

Elegran Sun 28-Jul-19 12:42:16

You may not like all that he has said and done in the past, but if you are an enthusiast for leaving Europe, do watch to this video and consider what he says about exactly what is ahead of us.
Tony Blair on power.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=qXXaX9W6daE

GracesGranMK3 Sat 27-Jul-19 19:32:10

"Spend all the money we save on our priorities"

So what money is that? Exact amount over the exact period please, plus some idea of the services we are loosing that this money (exactly) pays for currently and the cost to us of replacing those services.

We'll go back to the others if/when I get an answer.

Yorath0 Sat 27-Jul-19 18:52:05

10 big wins from just leaving the EU on 31 October

By JOHNREDWOOD | Published: JULY 8, 2019

We can

Spend all the money we save on our priorities

Cut tariffs on imports especially where we cannot grow or make them for ourselves

Remove VAT from items as we wish – as with green items like insulation and boiler controls and feminine hygiene products

Rebuild our fishing grounds and land more of our own fish for home consumption

Work with our farmers to cut food miles and enjoy more home grown produce

Regain our seat and vote in international bodies

Sign Free trade deals that suit us with other countries – all the time we were member s they never managed an FTA with the USA and many Commonwealth countries

Decide our own laws

Cut the costs of government by getting rid of a whole unnecessary EU level

Avoid all the financial and foreign policy risks of the Euro and common EU foreign policy

GracesGranMK3 Fri 26-Jul-19 22:20:23

It is a phrase being used quite frequently lemongrove. It's seems to have originally come from an Article called "The Ham of Fate" by Fintana O'Toole about Johnson and the books he has written here:

www.nybooks.com/articles/2019/08/15/boris-johnson-ham-of-fate/