Gransnet forums

News & politics

That chap who was awarded £10k for "distress" caused by having to walk past a portrait of the Queen...

(32 Posts)
phoenix Fri 02-Aug-19 17:53:23

I wonder how he manages to handle money? After all, every coin & note carries a portrait of H.M!

Pantglas1 Sat 03-Aug-19 10:14:17

Ha ha Annie - there’s ten grand coming your way!

I seem to remember from school history lessons that the first Prince of Wales was presented to us Welsh peasants at Caernarfon Castle in early 1300s as a baby by his father EdwardI or II.

annep1 Sat 03-Aug-19 22:25:41

I am not a monarchist but I think this was ridiculous. However there may be facts we aren't aware of.

What is more ridiculous is that portraits of the Queen have been removed and there is to be an internal review. To remove portraits of the Head of State is totally wrong!

Only in Northern Ireland. ....

lemongrove Sat 03-Aug-19 22:35:02

Too bad Annie ?
Take two tablets, wrap yourself in a woolly throw, have a large glass of Welsh whisky and a good night’s sleep, and when you wake up your sensibilities will be back to your usual sensible levels.grin
Alternatively, send an angry email to Charles and demand that he learns to speak fluent Welsh at the very least, and ask if your cheque is in the post yet.

annep1 Sat 03-Aug-19 22:41:42

Lyndiloo its not fake news.

Anniebach Sat 03-Aug-19 22:49:35

Yes Pantglas, they had murdered Owain Prince of Wales.

.lemon poor Charles studied Welsh at Aberystwyth for 9 whole weeks ?

Bsck to topic, an insult to remove queenies portait

Callistemon Sat 03-Aug-19 23:08:28

I am Welsh, an English PofWales offends my sensibilities
He's not on the bank notes or coins though, so you're safe with those if you were given £10,000 compensation!!

Welsh whisky we have two bottles of Penderyn in the cupboard, one just started

Oops, is that advertising?