Gransnet forums

News & politics

Is Harry less popular now?

(401 Posts)
Ohmother Mon 12-Aug-19 15:25:44

Reading on the BBC News page that Harry is less popular since booking up with Megan. I thought I liked Megan and that she would be a calming influence but now I think she’s influencing him to a ridiculous degree and they are both behaving like Hollywood divas. What are your thoughts?

gillybob Wed 28-Aug-19 18:25:52

That’s the link I posted up thread sparklefizz hence the silliness about Maccy dees and Greggs etc. smile

Lessismore Wed 28-Aug-19 18:21:43

Royal kids have major melt down over Happy Meal toys.

Sparklefizz Wed 28-Aug-19 18:19:28

Actually, funny you should say that Sirchen (^Can we expect to see some competitive 'eating out with the plebs' now from W&C - Maccy D's, perhaps, or vegan sausage rolls from Greggs?^)
because I read online today that H & M went for a local pub meal and took Archie with them. H apparently drank 2 pints, M had water, and Archie was "as good as gold".

SirChenjin Wed 28-Aug-19 17:46:25

I wasn’t being entirely serious Annie

Anniebach Wed 28-Aug-19 15:57:55

I think William and Kate have dignity and wouldn’t seek publicity,

SirChenjin Wed 28-Aug-19 14:48:57

Well, Archie watches CBeebies from morning till night and feeds himself full sugar Ribena from a bottle

Lessismore Wed 28-Aug-19 14:06:29

George and his mates have sleepover and use ipads and eat haribo all night.

Anniebach Wed 28-Aug-19 13:42:27

Megan is vegan on weekdays! ? she said so

gillybob Wed 28-Aug-19 13:36:06

Exactly what I was thinking SirChenjin I fully expect a race to the bottom !

"William & Kate are pictured with their children eating beans on toast in Beryls' café"

SirChenjin Wed 28-Aug-19 13:33:29

grin

Can we expect to see some competitive 'eating out with the plebs' now from W&C - Maccy D's, perhaps, or vegan sausage rolls from Greggs?

gillybob Wed 28-Aug-19 13:27:41

Their new PR machine must be hard at work.

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7401717/Prince-Harry-Meghan-Markle-swap-jet-set-lifestyle-15-pub-roast-dinner.html

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 18:31:32

They are basically destructive forsetry companies than have greenwashed what they do and managed to convince people to give them donations for doing it!

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 18:29:16

Carbon offset trees are often planted by companies that plant the entirely wrong kind of trees for the local eco systems, and pack em in which basically sterilises the land & destroys local eco systems... and then they get logged and what is left is baron land that sustains nothing and releases carbon...

In certain areas peatland and healthland which hold carbon is taken over for forestries which has a catestrophic effect because peat and heath and marshland holds carbon and the very process of planting trees there releases more carbon than the tree will ever create!

Sparklefizz Sat 24-Aug-19 18:09:05

I see that Harry and Meghan would have to have 1,400 trees planted, and for those trees to grow for 10 years, before their personal carbon footprint since his marriage has been dealt with.

Callistemon Sat 24-Aug-19 14:21:07

Yes, I read that the flight had been booked a while ago, notanan
Flybe probably thought they would jump on the bandwagon of publicity!

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 11:38:15

Shot themselves in the foot really because they're now getting the wrong sort of publicity.

No they havent!

Royalty has always flown on scheduled flights quite frequently. Their flight was most likely booked LONG before the H&M private jet thing blew up. Private jets are not the default that H&M seem to think they are because of their A list circle. W&M are just business as usual

Anniebach Sat 24-Aug-19 11:35:25

Thank you merlot, I have never even been in a airport .

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-19 11:31:49

Shot themselves in the foot really because they're now getting the wrong sort of publicity.

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-19 11:31:08

Technically they were using a scheduled flight because a plane belonging to Flybe's lesser partner airline was already there and they would have flown on that had Flybe not got all excited and flown an empty plane from Aberdeen to Norwich so they could get the publicity.

Anniebach Sat 24-Aug-19 11:25:47

Thank you .

So could it be the Cambridge’s thought they were using a scheduled flight ?

notanan2 Sat 24-Aug-19 11:21:42

It means getting all the planes back tk where they need to be.

Planes dont all do round trips.

Sometimes you end up with too few planes where they need to be if you dont "position" them!

E.g. my local airport runs a lot of routes that it only flies to once a week. Those planes dont wait there for a week to do the scheduled return flight. So they are flown to somewhere that does have scheduled flights

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-19 11:20:20

Just as it says, Annie. Planes are flown empty to a destination to fit in with the scheduled flights. Obviously an airline avoids it wherever possible because their budgets are extremely tight and competition fierce but Flybe obviously thought this was a 'coup' and misjudged the media scrutiny.

They flew the plane empty from Aberdeen in order to return from Norwich with the Cambridges and other passengers so it would be their branding on the side of the plane and not the lesser brand.

Dumb move.

Anniebach Sat 24-Aug-19 11:12:04

What does ‘positioning’ mean ? I know nothing of traveling by air

Minniemoo Sat 24-Aug-19 11:02:14

Hear, hear merlotgran

merlotgran Sat 24-Aug-19 10:57:39

The flight was listed as 'positioning' which is not unusual but rather stupid given the media scrutiny on the royals and their transport at the moment.

Flybe will have egg on their faces now and have not done themselves any favours.