Gransnet forums

News & politics

Here’s how to stop Cummings from harvesting your data

(4 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 09:07:28

This is worth its own thread if you want to prevent Cummings from manipulating your data.

I’ve done it it is really easy.

Jo Maugham QC
@JolyonMaugham

If you want to make it more difficult for Dominic Cummings and The Charlatan to scrape data from Government sources to help them turn our democracy into a Turkey-on-the-Thames can I suggest you turn off cookies here? gov.uk/help/cookies

annodomini Wed 11-Sep-19 10:03:20

Thanks for this, Whitewavemark2. I must admit that I've always been ignorant about cookies, so will keep an eye open for permissions in future.

janipat Wed 11-Sep-19 10:44:13

Thanks Whitewavemark2. I'm not on twitter so would have missed this. I don't remember being asked about cookies on the Government site, shows how we sometimes just click through.

jura2 Wed 11-Sep-19 10:53:42

No Twitter for me - and I don't allow cookies on my browser, + clear memory everytime I log off. So hopefully OK.

Amazing intervention in the house by Chukka Umuna, asking for clear information about Cumming's rôle, who is paying him, and whether all the rules about a Special Govt advisor NOT working for a particular party during working hours have been broken. Govt so far refusing to give such information.