(348 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 19:47:09

t.co/z0rgHFhcWc?amp=1

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:00:56

Or in Brexiters terms

The Project Fear Document ????

Fennel Wed 11-Sep-19 20:01:48

Hooray!
At least one legal judgment has been carried out.
I 'hae me doots' about the same thing for today's Scottish judgement.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:03:17

Delays at Dover. Up to 85% of lorries might not be ready. Flow rate could reduce to 40-60% as lorries fill ports and block flow. Lorries could face delays up to 2.5 days. Worst disruption could last up to 3 months. Queues in Kent (but low risk of significant sustained queues)

Preparedness for a No Deal remain at low levels. And business readiness will not be uniform

Cod Wars" 2.0 ~ Outlined

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:05:41

No bi-lateral agreements have been concluded with any country

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:08:20

Social care providers will be impacted by inflation after Brexit.

There is expected to be social care provider failure.

My mum 101 is totally reliant on a social care provider.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:15:36

This is a killer paragraph. Model for coping with no deal "unsustainable", businesses closing or relocating, agri-food sector hardest hit, prices up, job losses, civil unrest.

Everything they were dismissing as project fear.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:17:08

Between admission of widescale protest, & poorer households being affected most by no deal, there’s a retracted paragraph in the #yellowhammer documents.

What is it? Deployment of the army to quell civil unrest? Suspension of the rule of law? (oh wait that already happened)

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:19:47

Blimey what on Earth are brexiters going to say now, when remainers complain about the impact of no deal?

varian Wed 11-Sep-19 20:20:29

How do we get this factual information to the readers of the right wing tabloids,?

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:21:15

Medicine supply shortages, food availability issues with higher prices affecting vulnerable groups, higher electricity prices.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:22:35

varian social media I guess. Don’t forget that is how most of the young get their news now. It is only the older codgers that take a newspaper.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:25:12

What we can be absolutely certain is that this lying government will now go into overdrive to spin their lies and deceit maintaining that they are now prepared.

But we simply can’t trust a word they say.

varian Wed 11-Sep-19 20:33:15

5 pages of the Yellowhammer documents have now been released

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:33:33

Some opinions on twitter - the language is a tad ripe, but it shows the strength of feeling

Sam Vimes
@SamVimes6
So, #Yellowhammer summary :
1. Sick, Old, or Poor? Fucked.
2. Pensioner abroad with medical needs? Fucked.
3. Company that Relies on JIT? Fucked.
4. Business in NI? Fucked.
5. Fishing Wars.
6. Prepare for Rioting.
Remind me why we're doing this again?

Chairman Mardikins
@IAmMardikins
·

“Low income groups will be disproportionately affected by any price rises in good and fuel”

Tell me again how #Brexit is the will of the people

Tell me again how it will make us free

Tell me again how #Brexit is anti-elitist

They are fucking laughing at you

varian Wed 11-Sep-19 20:37:58

We must temember that Yellowhammer is NOT as the government pretends, a worst cass scenario.

It is a most likely scenario.

As if this would not be bad enough, the worst case scenario would be much much worse.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:39:09

I think that it is now right to insist that the Scottish government publish its yellowhammer document, we can then compare it as there is a suggestion that this is not the document people had sight of - it has been “cleaned up”

So it begs the question what the proper document looks like.

jura2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:40:09

whre is that red bus now we need it ...

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:50:07

Nathan Allen
@nathanallen1210
·

Why would anyone want a no deal Brexit. Literally every point in the #Yellowhammer documents is negative for each citizen of the UK. But its fine because we'll be 'independent'.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:53:36

ange
@angewick
·
#yellowhammer thick Tories creating a perfect storm for the biggest civil unrest this country has ever experienced. They are blissfully unaware( as they can only focus on the millions £s) as individuals they due to make, they have consigned themselves forever unelectable

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:57:36

It is now becoming common consent that these documents only represent bullet points. There must be a huge amount underlying this.

Once again this government is taking us for fools

Grandad1943 Wed 11-Sep-19 20:58:09

I am someone who voted remain but believes that the referendum result must be upheld.

However, I also believe that it is essential that on leaving the EU Britain remains in the customs and free trade area. The release of the government yellowhammer documents confirms what many experts in various fields have been stating for very many months.

There is no denying now that for Britain to leave the European Union with no withdrawal agreement will be economically disastrous for the vast majority of all who reside in the UK.

The large rise in the cost of electricity, road fuel and food will hit the average income family, the elderly and the most vulnerable the hardest.

Nevertheless, i have no doubts that a great many Brexiteers will remain with fingers in ears and heads buried firmly in the sand while they persist in their quest for a Brexit utopia while none of them can explain precisely to anyone what is in that utopia or where it is to be found.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:02:10

Good to know [7(ii)] that it would only be 100k's of people affected by lack of drinking water in the worst case scenario. Less than a million! Gotta like those odds #Yellowhammer

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:03:11

Matt Bassett ?? #PV #FPL
@mattbassett99
·

POOR PEOPLE WILL SUFFER BECAUSE OF BREXIT

Whitewavemark2 Wed 11-Sep-19 21:04:25

Not a single brexiter on GN is prepared to defend yellowhammer (such as it is)