Gransnet forums

News & politics

Climate Change Demonstrations

(349 Posts)
varian Fri 20-Sep-19 19:53:44

Millions of people, mostly young people all over the world, demonstrated their concern for climate change which is threatening our planet and their futures.

I am proud that one of my children and one of my grandchildren were amongst the protestors.

Urmstongran Thu 03-Oct-19 13:38:02

A very expensive and silly stunt.

1800 litres of red dyed water into London's sewage and water treatment plants... how is that eco-friendly?

gillybob Thu 03-Oct-19 13:39:22

Well it isn't is it Urmstongran? But why would that stop them?

Pathetic.

Urmstongran Thu 03-Oct-19 13:41:19

R440 YDT is not taxed. It is also showing a cylinder capacity of 8300cc (8.3litres) and they have driven it into a low emissions zone to protest against climate change?

Hypocrisy at its finest.

gillybob Thu 03-Oct-19 13:47:30

Why have they not been arrested for criminal damage, pollution of the waterways, driving without tax and insurance breaching the low emission zone etc.

This country is going bloomin' mad .

GrannyGravy13 Thu 03-Oct-19 13:55:29

XR need to start practicing what they preach!!!

If they could publish some "research papers" on how to go about tackling climate change along with the economic costings, they might get a better reaction from governments worldwide.

Today's ridiculous stunt will cost thousands of pounds to clear up, but hey ho it's ok for them to polute the waterways, damage a building and drive a non-compliant vehicle into the ULEZ (ultra low emissions zone).

If you or I had done this we would be arrested!!!!

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:20:30

It's water coloured with food dye. The rain will wash most of it away. good article

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:28:30

information here Scroll down a bit and read "The Truth."

gillybob Thu 03-Oct-19 14:30:56

and was the fire engine made of cardboard Gonegirl ?

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:33:02

informative

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:33:47

Yeah, course it was Gillybob.

I will leave you to it.

Some people get it. Others never will.

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:34:04

You could try though!

MissAdventure Thu 03-Oct-19 14:34:26

grin
gilly
That's my favourite comment of the week.

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:35:10

The Citizens Assemblies they are calling for is an excellent idea.

gillybob Thu 03-Oct-19 14:36:14

Once again it stinks of hypocrisy though Gonegirl

and to to quote yourself "some people get it. Others never will".

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 14:36:20

Oh yeah. Cos that was really hilarious. "And was the fire engine made of cardboard?"

Takes more to make me laugh.

gillybob Thu 03-Oct-19 14:39:20

I wasn't meant to be hilarious . I was deadly serious and making MissA laugh was purely a coincidence.

How can you fail to see that driving a gas guzzling fire engine through a controlled zone without tax and presumably insurance and spraying coloured water all over a listed building is just wrong on so many levels?

MissAdventure Thu 03-Oct-19 14:42:40

grin

janipat Thu 03-Oct-19 15:53:50

They are so hypocritically arrogant they believe they are at liberty to pollute and waste resources at will because they're trying to "educate" the rest of us. What a disgusting waste of water when people the world over are dying from lack of it. We're asked not to waste water in our homes and they wantonly pour 1800 litres on a public space. Using a huge, polluting diesel engine to drive there and then to power the hose is apparently fine as long as some self-appointed XR person is operating it, even if it is in the ULEZ. They don't have a single costed idea for how to implement the change they want.

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 15:58:53

Let's get the Citizens Assemblies going then.

janipat Thu 03-Oct-19 16:12:25

Well I watched the video Gonegirl and I see many problems with it. Are the Assemblies going to be paid positions, full time jobs? Will it be voluntary work or compulsory? He talks a good line but who is going to decide what socio-economic group a randomly chosen person belongs to? Who will be in charge of this random selection since it can't just be like jury service, from the electoral roll? Sounds to me like he'll be top of the tree deciding a great many things. Democracy eh?

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 16:16:41

According to one tweet the red liquid was composed of LSD and ketamine.

janipat Thu 03-Oct-19 16:18:06

Don't do twitter, but I understand an awful lot of nonsense tweets go on.

Gonegirl Thu 03-Oct-19 16:22:43

And it was a fake Treasury building.