Gransnet forums

News & politics

Backto60

(29 Posts)
vena11 Thu 03-Oct-19 10:28:38

Back to 60 we have lost the battle .

growstuff Thu 03-Oct-19 13:34:10

The women behind WASPI and Backto60 are professional, educated women. Maybe if they hadn't been so greedy and accepted means-tested interim payments and a reversal to the conditionality for Universal Credit, they would have been more successful.

nanaK54 Thu 03-Oct-19 14:04:22

As my username suggests I was born in 1954, I miss getting my state pension this year by 13 days, will be 66 before I can think about retiring
I thank all that is holy that I am still well enough to continue working and acknowledge that many are not so lucky

growstuff Thu 03-Oct-19 14:16:14

If the WASPI women had been prepared for some kind of compromise involving an interim Pension Credit or reversing some of the changes to Universal Credit, which means they have to work longer hours, they might have stood a better chance of success.

However, means testing would have meant most of the organisers wouldn't have gained anything because they are quite wealthy in their own right and don't actually need the money. In any case, women born in the 1960s or later wouldn't have seen any benefit from the court action.