Gransnet forums

News & politics

For brexiters only please.

(792 Posts)
aprilrose Sun 20-Oct-19 15:53:29

I would just like one thread for brexiters only please.

I voted leave. I would vote leave again and again and again. There has been nothing to change my mind. I have been hardened by the views of remainers.

I would really like to talk to other brexit minded posters.
Thanks.

varian Sun 24-Nov-19 22:26:29

Pantglas is correct

varian Sun 24-Nov-19 22:25:08

I don't think so.

Pantglas2 Sun 24-Nov-19 22:24:51

Nope - Barmeyoldbat didn’t start For Remainers Only thread until 22 October.....

Oopsminty Sun 24-Nov-19 22:19:09

There was a Remainers thread first

Dinahmo Sun 24-Nov-19 22:17:21

Dear Brexiteers

If you want to get away from nonsense why don't you try some of the other forums. There's lots of interesting stuff on them.

As for expecting Remainers to stay away from a thread entitled "For Brexiters Only" - you cannot be serious!! I don't see the point of requesting a Brexiteers only thread. No fun on that.

Chestnut Wed 20-Nov-19 18:30:04

Comments about sick buckets and frog face are just infantile, unpleasant and unnecessary, especially as this is a thread for Brexiteers to get away from this kind of nonsense. It seems remainers just can't stop themselves from being nasty. As I said, I've never made such childish remarks about those I dislike.

crystaltipps Wed 20-Nov-19 16:38:53

In my defence chestnut I’m not convinced that calling Farage “frog face” is the sort of language that has caused many problems in our society. It’s not a death threat, a rape threat, a racist slur -but IMO an accurate and humorous comment on his appearance, I am sure he is the subject of far worse comments . Some people are too easily offended- pass the smelling salts.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 20-Nov-19 16:16:47

At long last people are now understanding what will affect them more, and that is a failing NHS, not Brexit.

The NHS is the biggest concern for the voter

Chestnut Wed 20-Nov-19 16:04:17

crystaltipps using the kind of language that has caused so many problems in our society lately. I am no fan of Corbyn, Sturgeon or Swinton but I have never said anything nasty about any of them. Wash your mouth out, girlie!

crystaltipps Wed 20-Nov-19 15:53:10

We’ve already made a mess of things It’ll just be more mess. Farage on TV - pass the sick bucket, thought we’d got rid of that frog face from the airwaves.

Chestnut Wed 20-Nov-19 15:42:53

As this is a thread for Brexiteers I'm sure they would like to know that Farage will be on ITV Thursday evening at 7.30pm in a leader's interview.

Greta Tue 19-Nov-19 10:58:31

Varian: Why do they believe theses lies???

Children believe in Father Christmas because they want to. We have a PM who has promised to take us out of the EU. That's all that matters. Once we have left we have huge opportunities – to make a mess of things.

Chestnut Tue 19-Nov-19 09:23:17

I don't think it is courteous or correct to suggest that only people with a certain viewpoint may post on a particular thread.
absent I think this thread was meant to be a haven of peace for leavers who have been bombarded with rants on every other thread by remainers, accusing anyone who doesn't agree with them of having been conned or duped, or being stupid. And incessantly extolling the wonders of being part of the EU. I gave up with several threads because of all their aggression and negativity.

lemongrove Tue 19-Nov-19 08:53:53

If, on the other hand, that Corbyn wins the GE, then at the next one the Tories will certainly get back in......to clear up his mess.

lemongrove Tue 19-Nov-19 08:51:48

If they win this GE WWM2 the Tories will have been in office for a very, very long time!
In which case, in a few years when there is another election it will be a certainty (under a new LOTO) that Labour will get in next time, simply because that’s what always happens when one party has been in power for ages.
Perhaps by then, the LP will have learned a lesson.

Whitewavemark2 Tue 19-Nov-19 07:50:51

A bit of me thinks that if we are going to leave the Union, the Tories really ought to be the ones to take the stick, as they will have caused the ensuing and looming disaster.

I’m not sure it would be right for another political party to be left with the mess, just as someone always has to clear up after Johnson.

What I am sure of though is that once people understand what has happened the Tories will be out of office for a very long time.

MaizieD Tue 19-Nov-19 07:42:18

The 'lie' is that it will all be marvelous, newnanny.

absent Tue 19-Nov-19 05:46:16

I don't think it is courteous or correct to suggest that only people with a certain viewpoint may post on a particular thread. That was certainly not how Gransnet worked in the past. This is an open forum for all its members.

newnanny Tue 19-Nov-19 01:17:27

Delivering Brexit is not a lie. When Boris wins majority it will be reality. No more Corbyn blocking. We will be out very soon. Boris has lead in polls.

varian Mon 18-Nov-19 20:13:03

Why do they believe theses lies???

crystaltipps Mon 18-Nov-19 06:12:01

People still believe Brexit will be delivered and all will be marvellous.

newnanny Mon 18-Nov-19 02:18:02

I can't wait for Boris to win election and get us out of EU. He is now leading by between 14 and 17 points on latest opinion polls. More and more people are laughing at JC especially when he is caught on camara telling the audience they have got to cheer for him. He is offering the public so many bribes now that even students are saying all of these things are not free and they will have to pay in tax hikes down the line.

Welshwife Fri 15-Nov-19 09:03:04

Young British people needing to return to U.K. as European companies not wishing to employ them despite good qualifications and experience.

www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/nov/15/job-hunting-britons-in-eu-say-brexit-is-taking-its-toll?CMP=share_btn_link

Firecracker123 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:17:21

What I find truly astonishing is who would take any notice of what timolarch thinks lol.

Whitewavemark2 Fri 15-Nov-19 08:09:19

It is something I find puzzling too.

Timo#FBPE
@timolarch
·

One the greatest mysteries of the age is how some of the poshest, most privileged, chinless twits in the known universe, managed to con working folks from Hull (and the like ) that they represented their best interests!

Truly astonishing con job.