(170 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 06-Nov-19 08:33:03

Just that

Callistemon Fri 15-Nov-19 20:58:07

Didn't I reply to that ww?

Getting confused with all these threads now

He was in soggy Somerset.

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:16:21

Oh, they have to say something about Mogg at least once a day Callistomen or they’re not happy.?

So, our Prime Minister can’t use an old fashioned mop or know the words to The Wheels On The Bus?
Tut tut, what is the world coming to?! I suspect many, many people can’t either, but of course they are absolutely essential qualities for a PM.?

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:27:44

Who are these many, many people who don’t know how to use a mop?! grin

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:34:32

Men, mostly.....but really, when did anyone use one of those old fashioned mops?

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:37:08

It’s 2019, men have now mastered the mop and bucket. Nothing ‘old fashioned’ about them, they’re sold up and down the high street.

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:40:34

I haven’t used one since about 1972.?

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:42:09

.....but I do see how very important it is that the Prime Minister knows how to use them.wink

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:42:45

I’m sure you could remember what to do if you were ever faced with a red plastic mop bucket and mop smile

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:45:35

Yes, I expect I would push it wetly around the floor and then do my best to wring it out in the bucket.....oh wait, much like
The PM did the other day!
I couldn't sing the words to the Wheels On The Bus either, other than they go round and round.

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:45:50

It doesn’t do any harm for an adult man in charge of running the country to show he possesses the common sense to be able to work out how to use something that is within the intellectual grasp of a ten year old.

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:47:37

I expect you’d remember to push it into the little thing on the bucket to wring it out - you don’t come across as someone who has memory loss or who lacks basic intelligence.

lemongrove Fri 15-Nov-19 22:50:54

Mopping isn’t an intellectual exercise is it? Are you bored up there in the frozen North SirC that musing on a politician using a mop is bothering you??
I think most people are more concerned with Brexit/NHS/Immigration/Police numbers etc......but it takes all sorts.

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:55:21

No it’s not lemon - but it obviously was for Boris. Poor lamb.

Perhaps you do have memory loss - you were the one to raise the issue of the mop and then tried to claim many, many people didn’t know how to raise one. You honestly can’t expect that no-one would respond to such a ridiculous claim grin

SirChenjin Fri 15-Nov-19 22:55:39

Use one

Pantglas2 Sat 16-Nov-19 04:50:28

Naga Munchetty told him he wasn’t ‘relatable’ - what does that mean?

mcem Sat 16-Nov-19 09:22:30

Given that I really don't care about BJ's lack of mop skills I have to admit that I do object to the fact that he visited only when "someone" told him he should.
The visit would satisfy the gullible plebs/ allow his supporters to point out what a good fellow he is / provide a photo opportunity ( one which
did not involve school pupils or hospital patients!)
That plan went well, didn't it?

GracesGranMK3 Sat 16-Nov-19 09:33:19

Why does "I behave as stupidly as he does and am just as out of touch" improve the look of the man who wants to be leader of our country after the election? Doesn't it just reduce any belief in the character of the person saying it?

Greta Sat 16-Nov-19 09:37:38

I can also forgive his lack of mop skills. What worries me though are his language skills. Somebody who is as intelligent as he is supposed to be should know how to communicate verbally in a respectful and truthful manner. I don't want a man like that to represent our country. What example does he set to the rest of us?

MaizieD Sat 16-Nov-19 09:53:03

Naga Munchetty told him he wasn’t ‘relatable’ - what does that mean?

Perhaps it means that an 'ordinary' citizen of the UK can't find much in common with him. Though I think that she's wrong. I think that his racism and his attitude to women, disguised as 'laddism,' speaks to a significant portion of the population.

SirChenjin Sat 16-Nov-19 10:03:36

I agree Maizie. I also think that his shouty, finger jabbing approach to anyone who disagrees with him is a behaviour that’s increasingly prevalent and no doubt resonates with many.

Pantglas2 Sat 16-Nov-19 12:13:56

I don’t think he’s the right person to lead the party given his potty mouth but I don’t understand this need to be ‘relatable’.

I’m not sure any PM in my lifetime has had anything in common with me personally (apart from Thatcher and May being female) - why is that important?

Urmstongran Sat 16-Nov-19 13:11:52

I think the general public (most) just want a strong LEADER. Someone who has the gumption to make a decision! With a majority government to follow through .... that’s the hard part right now!

Amagran Sat 16-Nov-19 13:57:53

You are right Lemongrove, it really doesn't matter whether or not a PM can use a mop (their toxic side-kicks or the Civil Service usually get left with clearing up their messes, anyway).

However, it does matter that they should have some, any, positive talent which is relevant to holding the highest elected office in the land. I would exclude buffoonery, smutty and offensive insults, mendacity, reckless procreation and zip-wire hanging from any list of positive talents.

Strong leader and gumption to make a decision are not in themselves positive qualities, as Urmstongran seems to suggest, unless qualifying adjectives are applied, such as 'good' 'well-informed', 'appropriate' etc. After all, we wouldn't want a leader to lead us strongly and decisively over the edge of a cliff, would we?

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Nov-19 14:07:54

Corruption at the highest level.

What sort of state are we becoming?

dr Sarah Wollaston
@sarahwollaston

Inducements are illegal in our electoral system. Brexit Party members have made clear allegations that peerages & jobs were offered in return for standing down & that conversations took place with senior figures in No10. If true, we are sliding towards a corrupt State.

Whitewavemark2 Sat 16-Nov-19 14:09:24

mary beard
@wmarybeard
When a guy who wants to build a bridge between Britain and Ireland calls a universal broadband scheme “crazed”, it is hard to know what his standards of “sanity” are.